CA MAYA "MAY" MILLETE: Missing from Chula Vista, CA - 7 Jan 2021 - Age 39 *ARREST*

1611514556445.png 1611514579918.png 1611514599167.png

Maya “May” Millete, 39, was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her loved ones. Family and friends said her car is still at her home and her phone has been going to voicemail since her disappearance.

Hospitals, jails and morgues have been contacted by the woman’s kin, but they said she has not been found at any of those locations.


Maya and Larry Millete are high school sweethearts married for 21 years with three children — ages 4, 9, and 11.

Maya has been missing from her Chula Vista home since last week. Millete says they had argued the night before.

"We had problems this year, up and downs," Millete told ABC 10News.

He said his wife has left before for the night to blow off steam, but he became worried when she didn't show up for their daughter's birthday on Sunday.

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend,'" says Millete.

Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday.

"I called her boss, she didn't even log in. And that's the other alarming part, because work for her is like a party ... that's her outlet," Millete says.

Millete says he will continue to search, anxiously waiting.


 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm not familiar with this missing person case but in a quick YouTube search I found this video talking about some of his statements regarding the police searching his home and I find it disturbing that he seems to care more about his gun collection than he does his missing wife. Also, he states that he is not a suspect in her disappearance and there was no indication of foul play. Well if you are not a suspect and no foul play is suspected then why did crime scene detectives come into your home and do a 6 hour investigation? Just my initial opinions and observations.

And doesn't seem to care about his son's safety around his precious guns either. Idiot.
 

Parents of missing mother Maya Millete face long wait for visitation with grandkids​

The parents of missing mother, Maya Millete, will have to wait until December, or possibly longer, to see their three grandchildren.

Pablito and Noemi Tabalanza recently filed an amended petition and declaration in San Diego family court asking the judge for a visitation order. They are seeking visitation one or two weekends per month, and/or weekly Facetime calls.

Meanwhile, the children’s father, Larry Millete, still has not been served court papers to appear in the case.

“Since this is a summons, it has to be personally served,” said San Diego family law attorney Anton Georghiou, who is not involved in the Millete case. “Trying to avoid service or evade service may be a delay tactic.”

“If dad is stonewalling and not providing information, then the court is going to have to make the decision in the absence of dad's participation,” said Georghiou.

It has been almost six months since Maya's parents have seen their grandchildren.

A court hearing on their visitation request is now set for December 17, almost a year after Maya went missing from the family's home on January 7.

“That's very typical. If you want some sort of custody order it can take three months, or more than that, to actually get in front of a judge and get any kind of custody orders,” said Georghiou.

If they are still unable to serve the court papers on Larry Millete, the family attorneys may have to publish the notice in the newspaper, creating more delays.

In their declaration, Maya’s parents also wrote:

"We have no intent [of] discussing anything with the children regarding the circumstances of their mother's disappearance. We just want to spend time with the Children and want to ensure that they know their family on their maternal side loves them.”


A mandatory mediation conference with Family Court Services is scheduled for all parties in the case on August 3.

It remains to be seen whether Larry Millete will be served the court’s notice in advance of the mediation conference.
O.K. Aug 3rd. I won't forget that.
 


I'm not familiar with this missing person case but in a quick YouTube search I found this video talking about some of his statements regarding the police searching his home and I find it disturbing that he seems to care more about his gun collection than he does his missing wife. Also, he states that he is not a suspect in her disappearance and there was no indication of foul play. Well if you are not a suspect and no foul play is suspected then why did crime scene detectives come into your home and do a 6 hour investigation? Just my initial opinions and observations.

He’s deflecting. Has he mentioned the neighbor who heard gunshots?
 
NOT A SURPRISE!!! POI NAMED!!!

Husband named ‘person of interest’ in disappearance of Maya Millete​


Judge orders GVRO records unsealed in civil case against Larry Millete.
cb3330a1-18ca-4d6d-ba17-9ba543967dcf_1920x1080.jpg


SAN DIEGO — For the first time, Larry Millete has been named a “person of interest" in the disappearance of his wife, Maya Millete.
The revelation came from San Diego Deputy City Attorney Jeff Brooker in open court on Wednesday, during a hearing requested by News 8 to unseal records in a gun violence restraining order (GVRO) filed against the husband.

“We agreed that we would not put up a fight for any of the information regarding Mr. Millete, his missing wife, that there is an investigation, that he is a person of interest,” said Brooker in downtown San Diego court.
The GVRO records filed against Larry Millete had been sealed temporarily, before officers seized his entire gun collection on May 7 from his home in Chula Vista.
“That original sealing order had a time frame for it. It was not a sealing order that was intended to be in effect forever,” said San Diego County Superior Court Judge Katherine A. Bacal during the court hearing.

On Wednesday, at the request of News 8, Judge Bacal ordered the GVRO records should now be made public.
The records included a 2020 photograph of Millete's 4-year-old son standing on a kitchen table surrounded by a cache of guns.
Attorney Matthew Halgren – who represented News 8 during the hearing – agreed with Millete’s attorney, Bonita Martinez, that the child's face and body should be redacted from the photograph before its release.

The judge then ordered the redaction.

“There's nothing to be gained by showing and viewing a child themselves, even the body, even the t-shirt, or the shirt that they're wearing and I agree with you,” said Judge Bacal.
Other new information that came out in court, included a statement that San Diego County Child Welfare Services currently is investigating the safety of the Millete children, ages 4, 10 and 11.
“I have information that there is an ongoing CWS investigation,” said Deputy City Attorney Brooker.
A previous CWS investigation involving the Millete kids had been closed, but the current one is ongoing, according to Brooker.
In the end, the judge ordered all records be made public, with the exception of the photo of the child surrounded by the guns, which will be redacted so the child cannot be identified.

“The court finds that its sealing order has terminated, and will not enter a further sealing order, except as to the one attachment,” Judge Bacal said.
News 8 previously reported on nine other GVRO cases that remain sealed at the San Diego courthouse, even though the sealing orders in those cases had expired.
Halgren, the media attorney, asked the judge about those other cases.
“I understand the issue, let’s put it that way,” said Judge Bacal. “I am considering a better way to do this.”
The unsealed court records are being compiled by the City Attorney and the court clerk. News 8 expects they will be released by the end of the week.


 
Other new information that came out in court, included a statement that San Diego County Child Welfare Services currently is investigating the safety of the Millete children, ages 4, 10 and 11.
“I have information that there is an ongoing CWS investigation,” said Deputy City Attorney Brooker.
A previous CWS investigation involving the Millete kids had been closed, but the current one is ongoing, according to Brooker.
Good. Hopefully with the GVRO unsealed, AND him being named a POI, they can remove those children from his custody.
 
New legal documents filed this week show that a child custody meeting is now scheduled for August 3. The grandparents are seeking visitation rights for every other weekend as well as FaceTime calls once per week.
 
Cbs8 news San Diego received newly released court documents. This afternoon there were no new facts released. However reporters are presently going over the information and hopefully we’ll be hearing more later this evening.
FYI
fran
 
So glad they have officially named him a suspect but I wonder what that means for the children? Will they now step in and take them like we have seen in so many other cases? I guess only time will tell but I do hope that they are granted visitation with the family soon it has to be so hard on them being isolated from family with their mother gone.
 
So glad they have officially named him a suspect but I wonder what that means for the children? Will they now step in and take them like we have seen in so many other cases? I guess only time will tell but I do hope that they are granted visitation with the family soon it has to be so hard on them being isolated from family with their mother gone.
Uncomfortable similarity to Susan Powell Cox.
 

Unsealed records: Disappearance of Maya Millete a ‘criminal investigation’​

No mention of homicide in unsealed gun violence restraining order against husband.

SAN DIEGO — Civil court records were made public Monday in the gun violence restraining order filed against the husband of missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete.

The unsealed records described the Jan. 7 disappearance of Millete, age 39, as a “criminal investigation” and her husband, Larry Millete, as a “person of interest” in the case.

News 8 went to court last week and asked a judge to unseal the records. Judge Katherine Bacal agreed the public should have access to the documents.

The records did not, however, describe the husband as a suspect, and they said nothing about a homicide related to the Millete case.

In the papers, San Diego police alleged Millete's three children had access to the husband’s gun collection because they knew the combination of the gun safe in the home.

"The minor children in the home had the combination and access to the safe where the firearms were stored," SDPD Detective Garlow wrote in an unsealed declaration.

Officers were concerned that if the gun violence restraining order was not kept secret – in advance of officers seizing Millete’s firearm collection – the husband might, “shoot it out with police due to photographs showing several unregistered and/or illegal assault rifles with numerous ammunitions on a table in Respondent’s home,” according to a declaration filed by San Diego Deputy City Attorney Jeff Brooker.

2f503967-73df-4e3b-a32b-5947186aaee0_1140x641.jpg

Credit: SDPD
The judge also released two photographs of Larry Millete’s gun collection, including one with a redacted image of his 4-year-old son standing on a kitchen table surrounded by 16 rifles and handguns.

READ MORE AT LINK

 

Unsealed records: Disappearance of Maya Millete a ‘criminal investigation’​

No mention of homicide in unsealed gun violence restraining order against husband.

SAN DIEGO — Civil court records were made public Monday in the gun violence restraining order filed against the husband of missing Chula Vista mother, Maya Millete.

The unsealed records described the Jan. 7 disappearance of Millete, age 39, as a “criminal investigation” and her husband, Larry Millete, as a “person of interest” in the case.

News 8 went to court last week and asked a judge to unseal the records. Judge Katherine Bacal agreed the public should have access to the documents.

The records did not, however, describe the husband as a suspect, and they said nothing about a homicide related to the Millete case.

In the papers, San Diego police alleged Millete's three children had access to the husband’s gun collection because they knew the combination of the gun safe in the home.

"The minor children in the home had the combination and access to the safe where the firearms were stored," SDPD Detective Garlow wrote in an unsealed declaration.

Officers were concerned that if the gun violence restraining order was not kept secret – in advance of officers seizing Millete’s firearm collection – the husband might, “shoot it out with police due to photographs showing several unregistered and/or illegal assault rifles with numerous ammunitions on a table in Respondent’s home,” according to a declaration filed by San Diego Deputy City Attorney Jeff Brooker.

2f503967-73df-4e3b-a32b-5947186aaee0_1140x641.jpg

Credit: SDPD
The judge also released two photographs of Larry Millete’s gun collection, including one with a redacted image of his 4-year-old son standing on a kitchen table surrounded by 16 rifles and handguns.

READ MORE AT LINK

Why in the world did he think it was good to leave the combination to the gun safe for the children? Are you kidding me? Isn’t that one of the main reasons someone has a gun safe? This guy is a hot mess.
 
Why in the world did he think it was good to leave the combination to the gun safe for the children? Are you kidding me? Isn’t that one of the main reasons someone has a gun safe? This guy is a hot mess.
Yeah. Uhh. Why would children know the combination. And if you know they say accidentally found out or figured it out, Wouldn't you change it immediately.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
3,067
Messages
252,926
Members
1,005
Latest member
ChicagoRatHole
Back
Top Bottom