JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am majorly confused. I was watching Linda on It's a Crime and she said Alex was cremated which is what I had always thought. I went to the site she named and here it is:

So all I can figure is they were doing an autopsy originally from right after he died and it took this long for the results? So they could, pardon my words, slice him open to see his health issues but then released the body for cremation but the results and report are only back and complete now?? For some reason, I thought LE requested the autopsy after the fact due to the circumstances around Lori and Chad, etc. and that he was exhumed like Tammy Daybell?

Here we also have another Mormon cremation, no service that can be found or obituary.

Okay, I am majorly confused. I was watching Linda on It's a Crime and she said Alex was cremated which is what I had always thought. I went to the site she named and here it is:

So all I can figure is they were doing an autopsy originally from right after he died and it took this long for the results? So they could, pardon my words, slice him open to see his health issues but then released the body for cremation but the results and report are only back and complete now?? For some reason, I thought LE requested the autopsy after the fact due to the circumstances around Lori and Chad, etc. and that he was exhumed like Tammy Daybell?

Here we also have another Mormon cremation, no service that can be found or obituary.
Can write more later grandma bear but I thought only Vallow and Ryan were cremated.
because Mormons do not believe in cremation, something to do with the Resurrection. And I don’t think Lori could make the decision to cremate him. But then I guess his “new” cult member wife could?

Maybe Kimster would know more about Mormon beliefs?

Can write more later grandma bear but I thought only Vallow and Ryan were cremated.
because Mormons do not believe in cremation, something to do with the Resurrection. And I don’t think Lori could make the decision to cremate him. But then I guess his “new” cult member wife could?

Maybe Kimster would know more about Mormon beliefs?

I think earlier in this thread she or someone said Mormons have relaxed the rules a bit about cremation as it is at times due to financial considerations, etc. However, most still abide by the beliefs of no cremation the way I understand it. I always understood it that Alex was cremated which was why I was surprised to hear they opened him and found these issues. I have no idea where I originally came by that belief but the It's A Grave thing confirms it...?

I don't know either that Lori could have made the decision, but that is kind of my point is that if her mother did or it was a family decision, her family is Mormon are they not? I would guess, just guess, that Zulema let the family decide or, if not, did she have no funds and go for cremation and the family did not assist with funds? With Joe Ryan, Lori was contacted so did she make the cremation decision there? Vallow and she were married so clearly she made that decision.

I guess my point is that Lori, if she had the say, had everyone cremated basically...

Of course I would not consider her religion classic Mormon....

I watched that last night and was surprised he was cremated. But then I took a step back and maybe it's not such a surprise! We have to remember, the players in this case are not following Mormon practices, so it's not a stretch to think that part of Chad's mantra is that cremation is okay if you want to do it.

The Mormons in my mom's family believe the body needs to be preserved for the resurrection. Even though my mom doesn't have ties to the Mormon church anymore, she still has a difficult time letting go of this belief.

I watched that last night and was surprised he was cremated. But then I took a step back and maybe it's not such a surprise! We have to remember, the players in this case are not following Mormon practices, so it's not a stretch to think that part of Chad's mantra is that cremation is okay if you want to do it.

The Mormons in my mom's family believe the body needs to be preserved for the resurrection. Even though my mom doesn't have ties to the Mormon church anymore, she still has a difficult time letting go of this belief.

I thought so. I believe Catholics have some beliefs with cremation too, I know one of the old school ones is that ashes should not be separated nor scattered I think. I feel like those beliefs probably linger in those that were raised solidly in a religion or in their family history through decades.

Cremation in Lori's case, however, tends to make me suspicious. I watched a Court TV thing this morning where they had Cyril Wecht the well known forensic pathologist weigh in and he called the lack of an autopsy in Tammy Daybell's case malpractice, neglience, etc. and he did not mince words. He also made some further comments on how once cremated, one can no longer get a blood sample and some other things and it is of course more difficult than an autopsy at the outset. He also says how not doing an autopsy in such cases still happens in parts of our country and that it is almost criminal (paraphrased those last two words but something on that order). It was interesting, I should see if I can find it again, I think I exited it, and will share it if I do.

I thought so. I believe Catholics have some beliefs with cremation too, I know one of the old school ones is that ashes should not be separated nor scattered I think. I feel like those beliefs probably linger in those that were raised solidly in a religion or in their family history through decades.

Cremation in Lori's case, however, tends to make me suspicious. I watched a Court TV thing this morning where they had Cyril Wecht the well known forensic pathologist weigh in and he called the lack of an autopsy in Tammy Daybell's case malpractice, neglience, etc. and he did not mince words. He also made some further comments on how once cremated, one can no longer get a blood sample and some other things and it is of course more difficult than an autopsy at the outset. He also says how not doing an autopsy in such cases still happens in parts of our country and that it is almost criminal (paraphrased those last two words but something on that order). It was interesting, I should see if I can find it again, I think I exited it, and will share it if I do.
I saw that interview, too, and don't remember if it was this week or last. I agree with him! When my son's biofather died in Fresno, California, we were told an autopsy was required. He was in his early 50s, IIRC.

On another site, there was a post of the autopsy findings. I will see if I can find it. They performed blood tests and toxicology on Alex so I’m not sure Linda was correct. I will see if I can find it.
i believe anyone associated with Loris inner circle would be cremated. JMO.

Ok I can’t do it. Please go to Eastidahonews.com and front page has all the Vallow info. Including full autopsy and coroner reports and findings.
Reporter is Nate Eaton. I just read it again but can’t bring it here no matter how I try.😢
Was this the story?

Was this the story?
No but that news site carries all the stories related to Lori and this case. It’s the story about Alex Cox’s autopsy report. I think it came out on Friday. Thank you though.

No but that news site carries all the stories related to Lori and this case. It’s the story about Alex Cox’s autopsy report. I think it came out on Friday. Thank you though.

Thank you so much! I couldn’t bring it here and earlier I wanted Grandmabear and Kimster to see it.
I think once the original autopsy was done, he was cremated. I should read this again so we know. This is a strange case, I just hope the kids are alive.

Thank you so much! I couldn’t bring it here and earlier I wanted Grandmabear and Kimster to see it.
I think once the original autopsy was done, he was cremated. I should read this again so we know. This is a strange case, I just hope the kids are alive.

I glanced at this some and it looks like Alex did go in for an autopsy after he died, I will have to relook. In which case, maybe they did do a full and normal autopsy. It is not easy for me to talk about but our case that I have mentioned elsewhere, she had a full and total autopsy, then she was returned and a full open casket viewing and funeral was held and then she was cremated. Without going into too much detail, photos are taken, slices of certain areas, blood and more. There is no need to have to exhume a body or worry about cremation if it is done right from the start and they take all and every bit of things to test that they could possibly need. Tammy Daybell is another story because they didn't do that.

Once they take everything they can possibly need, the body is released. That did not happen with Tammy Daybell apparently but with Alex perhaps he was held for autopsy right after his death. We waited four months for certain autopsy results and an arrest but she had long since been cremated. Alex died in December and it looks like he went to autopsy in December.

I am not saying something could not still be wrong or wondered about as I am skeptical of the findings considering the coincidence and timing but it looks like they may have at least followed protocol with a questionable death of someone young and suddenly dying and Alex may have immediately after death went for autopsy. I mistakenly thought he was exhumed as well or at least never saw anything to believe his death was immediately sent (or his body I mean) for autopsy.

I glanced at this some and it looks like Alex did go in for an autopsy after he died, I will have to relook. In which case, maybe they did do a full and normal autopsy. It is not easy for me to talk about but our case that I have mentioned elsewhere, she had a full and total autopsy, then she was returned and a full open casket viewing and funeral was held and then she was cremated. Without going into too much detail, photos are taken, slices of certain areas, blood and more. There is no need to have to exhume a body or worry about cremation if it is done right from the start and they take all and every bit of things to test that they could possibly need. Tammy Daybell is another story because they didn't do that.

Once they take everything they can possibly need, the body is released. That did not happen with Tammy Daybell apparently but with Alex perhaps he was held for autopsy right after his death. We waited four months for certain autopsy results and an arrest but she had long since been cremated. Alex died in December and it looks like he went to autopsy in December.

I am not saying something could not still be wrong or wondered about as I am skeptical of the findings considering the coincidence and timing but it looks like they may have at least followed protocol with a questionable death of someone young and suddenly dying and Alex may have immediately after death went for autopsy. I mistakenly thought he was exhumed as well or at least never saw anything to believe his death was immediately sent (or his body I mean) for autopsy.
It’s possible that LE sat on this for months because they knew his death was natural and they desperately wanted to find more leverage with Lori to find the children.
With Tammy, I’m not so sure. Why would Chad cremate her and did all the children agree? I don’t know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom