JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Vallow and Ryan were married from 2001 to 2004. He was the father of 17-year-old Tylee Ryan, who has been missing along with her 7-year-old brother, Joshua, since September. He also adopted Vallow's older son, Colby, from her second marriage. The marriage was rocky, and ended in divorce.

When Ryan died in his apartment in 2018, his body wasn't discovered for more than a week. Authorities notified Vallow, who was still listed as his next of kin, despite the fact that the marriage had ended 14 years earlier. Authorities said she initially refused to claim his body, instead allegedly saying that the world was a better place without Ryan. The death was eventually classified as a heart attack, and his body was cremated.

People has an article on this case today.

This triggers my memory that his sister said some time back that she never really questioned his death too much, though surprised at his age, because there was some family history of heart issues and early deaths. His is the only one I wonder somewhat about but it sure does fit into the general time frame. I have little doubt the other deaths were due to Chad and Lori.

It is curious if their marriage was so bad she would still be listed as next of kin. I wonder what that comes from, possibly from medical records? If he hadn't been in in years or never changed it? I know it is one place you put down a contact as an adult for an emergency contact, or possibly at a job?

This triggers my memory that his sister said some time back that she never really questioned his death too much, though surprised at his age, because there was some family history of heart issues and early deaths. His is the only one I wonder somewhat about but it sure does fit into the general time frame. I have little doubt the other deaths were due to Chad and Lori.

It is curious if their marriage was so bad she would still be listed as next of kin. I wonder what that comes from, possibly from medical records? If he hadn't been in in years or never changed it? I know it is one place you put down a contact as an adult for an emergency contact, or possibly at a job?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was because they were in contact with each other and were friendly, until the Dateline show aired. Now I wonder why the FBI is looking into it? Did Lori and Joe have recent contact or what?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was because they were in contact with each other and were friendly, until the Dateline show aired. Now I wonder why the FBI is looking into it? Did Lori and Joe have recent contact or what?

It is a mind scratcher for sure. Maybe he was just the type of irresponsible guy who never updated his records and next of kin contact, etc. The sister describes their relationship as so bad one would not think there would be much contact, certainly not with her as his emergency contact. While I wonder about his death, it is true Alex assaulted him previously so he may well be another death of theirs... I forgot until I read the one article how the sister said Tylee was almost discouraged from mourning her father or so she thought when she went out there and this is where she noticed Lori's odd religious beliefs and where Lori said sometimes she thinks she should just put her kids in a vehicle and send it over a cliff (paraphrasing).

This case, this case, this case, SMH.

That was great when I saw on YouTube that the investigation is for conspiracy, attempted murder and then murder.
what struck me too is some of the local authorities dropped the ball and wouldn’t investigate till the FBI came in.
So how many more disappearances aren’t investigated? Or how many are just dropped?

Local police usually hate it when the FBI steps in, but what the Hades, they weren't doing ANYTHING!!

Joseph Ryan's sister created this website to document the childrens disappearance.

Alex Cox died of natural causes, according to medical examiner

Alex Cox, Lori Vallow Daybell’s brother, died of natural causes, according to the Maricopa County Medical Examiner.

Cox was found dead Dec. 12, 2019 in the bathroom of his home. The medical examiner released Friday that Cox died of bilateral pulmonary thromboemboli, meaning a blood clot gets wedged into an artery of a person’s lungs.

The medical examiner said atherosclerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure, could be a contributing cause of death.

Alex Cox, Lori Vallow Daybell’s brother, died of natural causes, according to the Maricopa County Medical Examiner.

Cox was found dead Dec. 12, 2019 in the bathroom of his home. The medical examiner released Friday that Cox died of bilateral pulmonary thromboemboli, meaning a blood clot gets wedged into an artery of a person’s lungs.

The medical examiner said atherosclerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure, could be a contributing cause of death.
So much speculation around this person being involved and we still don't know where JJ & Tylee are..SMH

Where is the detailed timeline of his location after September 8th? Wasn't Brandon's PI keeping an eye on him?

Now, I'm left to wonder if Alex was just a red herring.

This is lengthy but it is good. I am only partially through it and listening in pieces as I get time. What I have heard so far is worth the listen already. Linda is actually showing a bit of sarcasm at Lori, Melani and Chad, Lori's sister and mother, Ian, etc. with their la, la la--la la all is roses attitude of no concern about missing children like all if just fine and just ducky and perfect.. I enjoyed seeing/hearing her doing that some, as we almost all have seen this behavior and mostly think the same, and I am only part way through it myself. There is also a bit on it about the Gannon case.

Hmmm. I must be getting mixed up. I thought Alex was cremated.

Hmmm. I must be getting mixed up. I thought Alex was cremated.

Found this.

Lori Vallow's previous husband Joseph Ryan — Tylee's father — died aged 59 in 2018 from a reported heart attack. His body was cremated and cannot be exhumed.

Found this.

Lori Vallow's previous husband Joseph Ryan — Tylee's father — died aged 59 in 2018 from a reported heart attack. His body was cremated and cannot be exhumed.

Thank you. I swear the number of details in this case forces some to be spilled out from overflow, at least for me :D

Verrrry interesting. I'm surprised and not surprised. I'm not surprised because I couldn't figure out why in the world they would want him dead. I am surprised because of all the deaths surrounding this case makes you think everybody has been murdered.

So much speculation around this person being involved and we still don't know where JJ & Tylee are..SMH

Where is the detailed timeline of his location after September 8th? Wasn't Brandon's PI keeping an eye on him?

Now, I'm left to wonder if Alex was just a red herring.
Your post also makes me feel sad because I think Alex knows where those kids are. They can't question him. But on the same coin, we don't have to worry so much about him harming anyone again.

I think Joe Ryan is the only one that was cremated. I was surprised because then I started wondering if he was a Mormon? Mormons really don't like cremation. At least the Mormons in my extended family don't.
I thought 2-3 were cremated. But I won't swear to anything at the moment :) I am sure they did a thorough job but this autopsy doesn't sit well with me. Not that I have any expertise. I would almost think it would be called undetermined before natural causes. I have trouble believing in such coincidences and timing. The fact he just married, another oddity, and a few other things. It is the last thing I expected, I did fear they would not find what caused his death but I never thought they would put it down to natural causes.

I thought 2-3 were cremated. But I won't swear to anything at the moment :) I am sure they did a thorough job but this autopsy doesn't sit well with me. Not that I have any expertise. I would almost think it would be called undetermined before natural causes. I have trouble believing in such coincidences and timing. The fact he just married, another oddity, and a few other things. It is the last thing I expected, I did fear they would not find what caused his death but I never thought they would put it down to natural causes.
I just can’t keep up with this case. Too many players hurt my head. I might try to read along.

I’m trying to focus on Gannon.

But for this case there just aren’t enough hours in the day.

I just can’t keep up with this case. Too many players hurt my head. I might try to read along.

I’m trying to focus on Gannon.

But for this case there just aren’t enough hours in the day.

There really isn't all that much going on with it. Learning the people and the players and their parts/details is the hard part and keeping it all in one's memory. There is a lot of chatter and talk though because it intrigues so many and is so twisted.

I follow Gannon but there hasn't been a lot of news there other than Tee's lawyer's motions to reduce bond, etc. And of course the recent charging of the woman in the city attorney's office who was leaking documents.

I agree though this one is a convoluted headache 🤕 I wish I thought LE had some hint or any idea of where these children are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom