JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not an opinion - i am going by the official cause of death in the autopsy that stated he had the blood clots in his lungs and clogged arteries. I haven't seen anything that disputes that so far.

Clearly they murdered four - Charles, Tylee, JJ and Tammy within a three month period but, for now, i am not thinking Alex was murdered.
Granted. Many, even officials, think though what caused such...

Did not mean any insult by opinion.

Plenty of autopsies are opinion and what they can't find as well. Homicides go down as suicides and more, and it is to their best of what they can find or do not find. I mean even in these cases, Tammy was exhumed. It is not a perfect science in every case and so can one find two pathologists that will disagree, we see it often enough.

You have every right to not think that about Alex. I think most disagree and that's fine too. The prosecutors disagree in fact. Or come as close to saying it as they can. ALL of them. The timing alone is nuts. The risk. The heat on them. Tammy being exhumed. Pressure. Cops were after them. Looking for the kids. Lori was beyond upset with Alex. If it was natural causes, it is one of the most coincidental deaths ever.

But we sure don't have to agree. Of course.

I go back and forth on Joe as well. Alex I don't. They talked him into offing himself and that he would be a great warrior or some such or come back or Z and they/or killed him. I did not see all of Annie's and it was late and I was beyond tired but what I did see, she had a lot of Z's inconsistencies and different versions of things.

I probably at some point will go back and watch all of Annie's recent show. I have watched all of hers even though most are long and very drawn out.

I am curious to see if you make it through Nate's with Julie Rowe. It is pretty hard to take. I don't know how he sits there not eye rolling, laughing or getting up himself and leaving. She is a fruitcake and a fraud. HOW do people fall for someone like her???

I did no make it through nor did Kimster and I was waiting for it to come out.

Please report back whether you make it through. I WANTED to. I still WANT to. I have watched everything on this case I have ever found. But it was too much. At least when I sat down to watch it. I guess I could try again one day. And that's not against Nate of course. She is just beyond loony. But all fake.

These people are CONS. Same with Chad, etc. and Lori. IMO.

We have a passport card that can be used to cross back and forth into Mexico and Canada from the US. It's designed for easy use for people that do cross frequently. It doesn't get stamped like a passport book does

Are you saying using such would have no record of you crossing the border? There would be no video, no evidence of crossing, etc.?

Because the only thing here is whether he did or not. Whether what Z said is true, whether what he told her possibly he was doing is true. And LE did not pursue what he actually did there. Rachel Smith said it was one rabbit hole she would like to know the answers to but they had to pick and choose what to chase down. His death was not on the table in these charges and cases and they hand plenty to handle.

So if you use your passport card and it isn't a stamped passport, it can't be determined you crossed the border? I kind of doubt that unless you were in someone else's car, etc. and not in your own vehicle and so forth. Even then is it not recorded in some way? Not arguing, seriously wondering because it says a lot more about border security which is already a huge issue.

Granted. Many, even officials, think though what caused such...

Did not mean any insult by opinion.

Plenty of autopsies are opinion and what they can't find as well. Homicides go down as suicides and more, and it is to their best of what they can find or do not find. I mean even in these cases, Tammy was exhumed. It is not a perfect science in every case and so can one find two pathologists that will disagree, we see it often enough.

You have every right to not think that about Alex. I think most disagree and that's fine too. The prosecutors disagree in fact. Or come as close to saying it as they can. ALL of them. The timing alone is nuts. The risk. The heat on them. Tammy being exhumed. Pressure. Cops were after them. Looking for the kids. Lori was beyond upset with Alex. If it was natural causes, it is one of the most coincidental deaths ever.

But we sure don't have to agree. Of course.

I go back and forth on Joe as well. Alex I don't. They talked him into offing himself and that he would be a great warrior or some such or come back or Z and they/or killed him. I did not see all of Annie's and it was late and I was beyond tired but what I did see, she had a lot of Z's inconsistencies and different versions of things.

I probably at some point will go back and watch all of Annie's recent show. I have watched all of hers even though most are long and very drawn out.

I am curious to see if you make it through Nate's with Julie Rowe. It is pretty hard to take. I don't know how he sits there not eye rolling, laughing or getting up himself and leaving. She is a fruitcake and a fraud. HOW do people fall for someone like her???

I did no make it through nor did Kimster and I was waiting for it to come out.

Please report back whether you make it through. I WANTED to. I still WANT to. I have watched everything on this case I have ever found. But it was too much. At least when I sat down to watch it. I guess I could try again one day. And that's not against Nate of course. She is just beyond loony. But all fake.

These people are CONS. Same with Chad, etc. and Lori. IMO.
No offence taken at all. I understand the doubts about Alex's death and sure remember the coincidence of the timing, when it actually happened.

I watched a lot of her (Julie R) crap when I first followed the case and she regularly did talks from her car, so i will get to it but cannot face her ATM. (There was another guy too IIRC - Hector Sosa?). Her and Alex and Zulema and the two Mels and Lori's family all make me sick as they did F-all for Tylee and JJ.

With all these others doing podcasts too now, they must be doing it for the revenue.

ETA I just saw your post where you are saying similar.

Last edited:
No offence taken at all. I understand the doubts about Alex's death and sure remember the coincidence of the timing, when it actually happened.

I watched a lot of her (Julie R) crap when I first followed the case and she regularly did talks from her car, so i will get to it but cannot face her ATM. (There was another guy too IIRC - Hector Sosa?). Her and Alex and Zulema and the two Mels and Lori's family all make me sick as they did F-all for Tylee and JJ.

With all these others doing podcasts too now, they must be doing it for the revenue.

ETA I just saw your post where you are saying similar.
I'm glad and I knew you would understand, you always do and know we don't always agree and that's normal.

I just finished explaining something in another thread where someone did take offense that I had a different opinion than most when it was not meant that way at all.

Oh I watched Julie Rowe prior to Nate's thing And couldn't stand her then either but I think this is far worse. I think I made myself watch a full video of hers back when but I coudln't do it with this one and I think iit's probably far worse.

So be forwarned LOL. I have no desire to finish it and I was waiting for it and I always give Nate full viewing of all his stuff pretty much on crime anyhow.

It probably is revenue partly but I also believe with some it is fame or wanting fame even and an easier way to make money than hard labor for instance. Hard to say.

I think SOME are really in it to help find some answers. I tend to believe Megan is, and I think Annie probably is, she doesn't think Joe died naturally either. I'm not sure about any of all the others. I have flat out thought it was absolutely trying to get to making good revenue with some of them, yes.

I guess however, now that I think of it, their making YT kind of money off a relative's crime is not nearly as bad or blatantly wrong as what Asa did and the miillions made there off her spouse's crimes (and maybe hers, who knows). (LISK)

Here's Alex's autopsy report.

I've seen it before and it doesn't change my opinion, I don't think anything can with this one.

Others maybe have not though and it fits the recent discussion.

I guess however, now that I think of it, their making YT kind of money off a relative's crime is not nearly as bad or blatantly wrong as what Asa did and the miillions made there off her spouse's crimes (and maybe hers, who knows). (LISK)
Very true but I think that is wrong too.

Yeah and it is good to recap. From the report he seems to have been a very unhealthy individual though.
I agree to a point. But I also take it from what I've heard on it throughout that he probably had been for a long time. And yes, he could have went I guess naturally at any time but he was young and with even such as that, he hadn't. I just don't believe in too many coincidences and there are way too many for me with his death.

It doesn't matter as far as going into it again, because it is never going to be charged short of a confession nor will we get more answers.

And yes, recaps are good. This case has went on so many years, has so many twists, turns and victims or possible victims I also think it necessary.

I know I can't recall all and i've read, watched, seen just about every single thing on this one.

I never know whether to say case or cases for that matter in something like this. I mean overall of course with case but of course there are several.

It's been quite the deal and not over yet. Joe and Alex will never be charged or known for sure without some miracle info or confession. Hopefully they do get convictions on Charles and the attempted shooting of Brandon. The last one I am a bit iffier on. There's some evidence but I don't think almost any of it is like video or much that's solid. They do have the video of taking thie seat from the Jeep and tire, etc.

It matters of course, but at least they are both put away for life and Chad with the DP already. All victims deserve justice though individually and their stories known. Imo.

Charles, I mean wow. Just think if they'd been stopped then. They can try to repaint it different today but imo they talked to Tylee Lori, Alex, etc. and just said okay and sent them home. Imo even what they learned there was NOT self defense. When Alex went to retrieve his gun from the bedroom (PROBABLY not eve true), he could have just as easily left. He had time and was not in the heat of anything at that moment. I don't buy almost any of their story in that one.

It's been a long, winding, information dumped case times kazillion. Some cases we get noting on, all is silent until trial, not this one.

And yeah, recapping and even remembering is something else. It is one I have followed just about all and even watched the very long videos of Annie and more, every single one up to now but retaining everything, no, there has just been so much.

Long interviews by various LE as well. Watched every moment.

I get Alex was FOUND to have not the greatest health, but the timing and more is just too much for me to get past. And it is for many, many. Even prosecutors. He was feeling so bad but let's take off for Mexico... The blessing. Just so much. I'm mentioning the lesser mentioned things of all the coincidences. Timing we all know of.

But I don't think we will ever know short of a confession and come to a real Jesusi moment by either Chad or Lori.

And so will probably always have different opinions on it.

With Joe, I lean towards the same but I don't feel there is quite as much as with Alex. Jmo of course.

And I might be entirely alone on this but I have always thought Chad and Lori probably met before it is said they did. That comes from Mel G to begin with....And I don't trust her as far as one can throw her. Z too did not tell the total truth. None did. They gave up what they knew could be proven and that's it. Imo. If they did tell more, they got immunity.

Megan's thing was long the other night but she is kind of centered on the bigger group, where this all came from, bigger I mean even beyond the Mels, etc. And how others are still out there who buy into this and in the early days that was all coming out but then got shut down.

But I haven't forgotten that. Julie Rowe, Jason Mow and a ton more.

Hmm. A good thing I guess. Going to reserve comment for now as not sure where I'll end up with it. And don't always have the popular opinion.

I am for one thinking of what has been done in some other cases which is often want such forgottten and no reminder at all.

You're anonymous but got the word out.

Probably so people could feel good about it, not saying it isn't.

And it is probably where I will land with it, a good thing.

I personally would not want a reminder of a place where such happened even if made good. I can think of one case they felt exactly that way is all I'm saying.

No park, no nothing, just get rid of all and never see it or notice it much again. Ensured it was owned with nothing going up ever and turning into just land, no structures, etc.

Really don't have an opinion at this point and it is better than many alternatives I guess... Could be bought, lived in, constant reminder...

And I'd guess the person doing it means well.

And so will leave it at that.

I'd feel though it was where awful things happened regardless, Tammy, JJ and Tylee.

It financed the murderer's defense.

Personally, I would want to burn all. To cleanse it as weird as that might sound. New grass, new everything. Evil was there. The kids and Tammy aren't there and were recovered.

It's just an opinion and I know it wont be shared by all by a long shot. And not fully formed yet either.

And it is better than all standing and being the same and so forth. I just think of the pure evil that went on there related to at least three victims. It may be the final resting place of two, at least until found, but it is where evil occurred. So even though I'm really not like this, I'd do some kind of blessing (not from Chad) and cleansing first, of the evil that obvious was there and went on there. Personally I wouldn't want the reminder of the place in any way shape or form.

But then it is not up to me and it is better than alternatives. The victims are not there anyhow in any shape or form, spiritually or otherwise.

There is one case that really sticks out to me thinking of this. And it's more in line with what I am saying as to how it is for victims. They want it forgotten, not noticed by self or others, it is a bad place, memory, etc. and it is not a recent one. No memorial, no nothing, don't want the reminder of the bad ending.

So that's some of what I am thinking of.

Yeah, yeah. Some may not agree.

It's a nice thing to do it seems.

It's like vigils or anything. I love the heart in such by MOST, however it doesn't change anything.

But it is good I guess if never the same and no one lives in that home and enters a shed, etc. I guess. Raze it all and do whatever. I myself though if a victim family member here would never go see it unless feeling the need to be gracious and than the anonymous benefactor. And I probably wouldn't as it isn't what I'd want. I'd want it bought and turned into nothing.

Yeah, I'm weird and don't go along the normal flow I guess. But I am thinking of a case also in particular where the family felt that way. Everyone was talking what should be done with the place that awful things happened and they wanted none of it... So it isn't just me.

And on that, it is still probably a nicely meant thing to do.

Kind of talked it out and never meant to.

I agree to a point. But I also take it from what I've heard on it throughout that he probably had been for a long time. And yes, he could have went I guess naturally at any time but he was young and with even such as that, he hadn't. I just don't believe in too many coincidences and there are way too many for me with his death.

It doesn't matter as far as going into it again, because it is never going to be charged short of a confession nor will we get more answers.

And yes, recaps are good. This case has went on so many years, has so many twists, turns and victims or possible victims I also think it necessary.

I know I can't recall all and i've read, watched, seen just about every single thing on this one.

I never know whether to say case or cases for that matter in something like this. I mean overall of course with case but of course there are several.

It's been quite the deal and not over yet. Joe and Alex will never be charged or known for sure without some miracle info or confession. Hopefully they do get convictions on Charles and the attempted shooting of Brandon. The last one I am a bit iffier on. There's some evidence but I don't think almost any of it is like video or much that's solid. They do have the video of taking thie seat from the Jeep and tire, etc.

It matters of course, but at least they are both put away for life and Chad with the DP already. All victims deserve justice though individually and their stories known. Imo.

Charles, I mean wow. Just think if they'd been stopped then. They can try to repaint it different today but imo they talked to Tylee Lori, Alex, etc. and just said okay and sent them home. Imo even what they learned there was NOT self defense. When Alex went to retrieve his gun from the bedroom (PROBABLY not eve true), he could have just as easily left. He had time and was not in the heat of anything at that moment. I don't buy almost any of their story in that one.

It's been a long, winding, information dumped case times kazillion. Some cases we get noting on, all is silent until trial, not this one.

And yeah, recapping and even remembering is something else. It is one I have followed just about all and even watched the very long videos of Annie and more, every single one up to now but retaining everything, no, there has just been so much.

Long interviews by various LE as well. Watched every moment.

I get Alex was FOUND to have not the greatest health, but the timing and more is just too much for me to get past. And it is for many, many. Even prosecutors. He was feeling so bad but let's take off for Mexico... The blessing. Just so much. I'm mentioning the lesser mentioned things of all the coincidences. Timing we all know of.

But I don't think we will ever know short of a confession and come to a real Jesusi moment by either Chad or Lori.

And so will probably always have different opinions on it.

With Joe, I lean towards the same but I don't feel there is quite as much as with Alex. Jmo of course.

And I might be entirely alone on this but I have always thought Chad and Lori probably met before it is said they did. That comes from Mel G to begin with....And I don't trust her as far as one can throw her. Z too did not tell the total truth. None did. They gave up what they knew could be proven and that's it. Imo. If they did tell more, they got immunity.

Megan's thing was long the other night but she is kind of centered on the bigger group, where this all came from, bigger I mean even beyond the Mels, etc. And how others are still out there who buy into this and in the early days that was all coming out but then got shut down.

But I haven't forgotten that. Julie Rowe, Jason Mow and a ton more.
Who is Megan? My mind is a blank ATM.

My first thought is the church is buying it but I really don't know what to think about it. I mean Lori hasn't even had her trial yet and wouldnt she have a claim on it as she is Chad's wife?

Any way we can find out who bought it?
She wouldn't have a claim because it was signed over to John Prior. It was actually John Prior's property, legally. That was how he got paid. The value of the property was applied to his services. If I recall, he asked towards the end to be court appointed because the value of his billing had exceeded the value of the property.

My first thought is the church is buying it but I really don't know what to think about it. I mean Lori hasn't even had her trial yet and wouldnt she have a claim on it as she is Chad's wife?

Any way we can find out who bought it?
Not if it wasn't in her name at all and he signed it over to somebody else. That's how it works in my state, anyway. Not sure if it works the same way there.

Not if it wasn't in her name at all and he signed it over to somebody else. That's how it works in my state, anyway. Not sure if it works the same way there.
Being in real estate in both California and Oregon, I’m familiar with how the laws change drastically from state to state. When she married Chad, if she was in California, it would be community property. However, in Oregon, it’s not a community property state so she wouldn’t have any title to it. That’s just a couple of examples.

I would imagine that if it is a community property state, she probably had to sign off on it too, with some kind of a Quit Deed. I’m sure she would’ve had no problem doing that because she pretty much does whatever he tells her to do.

Being in real estate in both California and Oregon, I’m familiar with how the laws change drastically from state to state. When she married Chad, if she was in California, it would be community property. However, in Oregon, it’s not a community property state so she wouldn’t have any title to it. That’s just a couple of examples.

I would imagine that if it is a community property state, she probably had to sign off on it too, with some kind of a Quit Deed. I’m sure she would’ve had no problem doing that because she pretty much does whatever he tells her to do.
Plus, she would be just certain that they wouldn't lose and be convicted to start with.

My state is a 50/50 state on things recorded in both names, but one can still hold real and personal property individually. It would take a court action for the spouse to be able to redo it. It also has to go to probate if the unlisted spouse dies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom