JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also wondering if Tammy was on the deeds and as he has been convicted of murdering her, he shouldn't have the benefit of her half anyway. I guess the kids should get that. Also, surely there is/was a mortgage on it too?

Complicated it seems to me. Mortgage company should have first dibs. Plus Tammy's life insurance would be wanting their money back, so i cannot see that Prior would get very much at the end of the day. Perhaps that's why his bit ran out quite quickly and he asked to be paid by the state.

And he put in an appeal didn't he, if I remember correct?
Tammy most definitely would have been on the deed up to death and I can tell you why, she was the only one with secure income to even get a mortgage. Chad himself could NEVER have qualified for a mortgage. Of course they did sell another home In Sprinngville. I thtink that's where RP is thinking UT. Even if Chad and Tammy were married there, UT has nothing to do with venue over Chad and LORI's divorce.

The mortgage company would always have first dibs and not long ago it was talked of about a mortgage still existing on it, you mentioned it I believe or talked on it, that you were surprised after all that life insurance money he had a mortgage on the property... Not a long, long time, back, a few months maybe....?

As wrong as it is, many murderers of their wives for instance, profit from their deaths, get the home, take the wife off, etc. And rarely is it retroactively fixed. I don't know why, the courts just dont' deal with it or have the means or some such.

Spouse inherits first. Not kids.

It is different but in LISK, Asa should never imo be allowed to profit from her husband's serial killing and ANY money should be first going to the victim's famililes but she did and it did not.

Of course I guess her half is her half but she maneuvered quickly also to protect ALL. No one can tell me this is some put out, pathetic woebegone woman as she first acted. She knew exactly what she was doing.

AND NEW YORK is not a community property state and that home was in the CB family always and so would not be hers either for any reason imo. My guess is he signed all over so she could protect him and their assets immediately.

Crooked but will the courts fix it? Doubtful. Unless the victims bring suit or something...

It's Monday. I just realized I'm on that "you say Mormon, I say Utah" kick. I've wasted some time looking for property info in Utah. eyeroll

No idea what you are talking of. Utah is meant to be LDS? What does that have to do with properties or divorce law?

Typically I say LDS but sure haven't been saying that in relation to property laws.

Yes it is Monday for most, for me it is my "Wednesday', "hump day. Already have two days of work under my belt.

I assume this is in response to me, no way to tell really.

All I was saying is there is no venue in Utah for Lori and Chad and never was to my knowledge. The Church, the LDS or the Mormons or Utah run the courts of divorce although they do have their stories regarding such... Which I've seen plenty of...

So again, not sure what you mean

I trust I'm interpreting what I find a confusing post correctly. If not, feel free to correct or explain.

I was talking what states were community property, etc. I never checked Utah. No reason to.

No eyeroll here. Just straightforward.

Maybe I'm just lost. I have no idea about such a "kick". So if I misunderstood, correct me. Never heard of such.

I was just double checking on Utah. It looks like an equitable property state. Chad's property would most likely be considered his sole possession since they hadn't been married long at all when he signed it over to Prior.
It's Idaho. They used to live in Utah, I believe.

I'm not surprised lol, it is intolerable isn't it? She is so awful. Such a lying fruitcake.

I thought I made it at least that far but the things you are saying I don't recall so maybe not quite to the 20 minute mark.

I feel like I sat through an hour because it was so much hard to listen to but maybe it was like 15 minutes or even 10. I found it very hard to listen to.

And to think I awaited it and thought it would be interesting. Lol.

It is I guess, in its way, as to how people like this talk, IF ONE can take it. No one so far has been able to.
My last paragraph I got from researching her on the net.

Salt Lake City probably lol.
Tammy was buried in Springville, Utah. That's where her family lives.

Also Tammy's will, if she had one, would need to be looked at. Some couples have a joint will and on first death pass their half to kids straight away.
Yeah, true, and I did think of that but also thought of how Chad got Tammy to do as he wanted using dead grandma and more. I find it unlikely he'd be okay with her leaving his half to the kids and I doubt she did anything behind his back...

So it's possible but I think doubtful.

I mean the man is all ABOUT money, as were also he and Lori together ABOUT money.

Archibald was a public defender right? Anyone recall and can confirm? I was thinking about some things while working and one is that I believe Lori quit paying a private attorney, she had no money to pay and Means may well have made some deal with her, he seemed pretty attached but he was taken off and Archibald came on... So Lori may have had NO attorney costs.

Lori had a bagful of cash in Hawaii and we know they were still living high...

And then she was arrested but Chad remained free.

Means IS the one wasn't he who represented them both at first and it became a conflict? Or was it Prior? I think it was Means...

Chad could have well paid what was left of the life insurance to retain counsel for both..

So just saying Lori might have no attorney bill...?

And that also got me thinking how dumb Chad was NOT to take public defenders. I mean he had a tough case of course and no real defense with what the two did, but I don't see anything in Prior that's that great of an attorney.

And Prior is not even death qualified and Chad faced the death penalty...

Chad could have saved all assets very likely had he used a public defender. Saved them for self or his kids but he did not. Pretty stupid really imo so why stay with Prior...?

BUT, and I don't really buy that Lori is on the home, BUT Chad could have protected half of it by putting her on and he was out for a long time while she was still inside and charged and before the kids were found, they could have even done such while she was in jail... So it's not impossible... If the place was paid off, not sure how easily he could add her if they would remake him redo a mortgage because they'd want both on and they wouldn't qualify they had no earned income although if done BEFORE she was in jail, Lori had plenty of income, but I see his need of wanting to add her coming AFTER, needing to save what assets he/they could.

If that makes any sense.

And here's the thing about community property states where it is 50/50, oftentmes what you brought to the marriage does not count, it is what you then amass together even IF only one works or amasses it. Chad owned this home with Tammy long before he married Lori and so she could maybe fight for it but it wouldn't be automatic by any means in a divorce. Adding her would make it that way.

However, they were not hardly married and the heat was on them and I don't see them taking care of things like this at all anyhow EXCEPT maybe if he wanted to keep from losing it all together. It would keep even Prior from being able to do much without Lori's signature.

Again I dont' think it likely but these were just some thoughts rolling around in the head today lol.

Chad plays good guy to Prior, Lori plays bad guy, NO, I am NOT signing anything.

Then Prior would have to get a court order and didn't he do that...? She'd still be owed her share though...

The same could have been done with Emma or anyone. If someone else was on it, and they didn't agree to give up their half in favor of dad or hub so his defense could be paid for with the WHOLE proceeds of the home then Prior was only EVER able to own half...

And NATE said someone else was on it. Other than Prior...

Mostly though I was thinking today what a dumbas* Chad was to not use a free public defender from day one although he'd have had to run through the assets before he'd be granted one...

So while I don't think it's likely Lori's on it or even has much right to it in a divorce, there are parts of this that fit some tings, like a second owner...

Emma would be as or more likely maybe... ANd SHE lived there.

Remember how Chad was having Emma pay commissary money for Lori...? Maybe because Lori was holding half the only asset for all of them (more so for Lori and Chad, but doesn't mean Emma was told that). And Emma also was in contact with her on her own.

Just some food for thought. Maybe far fetched, maybe not...

Half would still give Prior what $200K and we don't know what his bill was or when he said to the court he was now owed more than his ownership of or in the home...

I don't know why NO ONE out there has never tried to get the deed even a year ago to see who was on it. I am almost positive anyone can. They CAN here. They are recorded documents so are property mortgages for that matter. And public.

Anyhow, perhaps these thoughts will give others some other thoughts re such. Or different avenues with such.

Also is there a chance in HE77 somehow they divorced and no one either went looking for that out of all the channels and document getters out there?

Because since community property and married wouldn't Lori have to show no assets to get a public defender herself? (That alone by the way makes it unlike she was on the deed but again maybe not if Means was paid up to the end already by life insurance).

Thing is that one and Tammy's life insurance IS Chad's. He owned it prior and inheritance including life insurance DOES only belong to the party receiving it despite marriage. IF they never intermingled it, then you'd have to show that in a divorce. I am going by how it is HERE but both states mine and ID are community property states..

The thing is Nate was sure Prior owned it solely by agreement but he was contacted by someone when he said that with confidence who convinced him it wasn't true, whose name he has never shared... And I don't think a bank called or emailed I'm that they own part and are upset he said that...

And so..... WHO? And so.... WHY is there someone else on it.

Hoping I made sense here, not sure.

And one owner could force a sale if the other can't buy them out, I'm fairly sure and if they want out of the co-ownership or want their half, hence getting a court order...

And on the sale each get half. Prior could go after Chad if it were Chad for owing him more, but he couldn't claim Emma or Lori owed him... Although with marriage, not sure on Lori... It was her hub's defense expenses after all and incurred after marriage...

Okay, it's a bit too much for my mind at this late hour but some thoughts I was having today while working. I didn't have time to really come to clarity with them all, we were insanely busy for most of the day.

My last paragraph I got from researching her on the net.
I had to look back. The part about remarrying, different name, rebranding self, changing to podcasts?

Yeah, interesting.

Could be called hiding in its way too lol, since her name is so associated with this case with many, we all know of it, all do.

Just like Alex taking Zulema's last name and marrying. Hiding imo... Was the intent there, not being so easily followed up on, tracked, etc.

Tammy was buried in Springville, Utah. That's where her family lives.

Yeah, had Chad and Tammy ever divorced, it would have had to have been an ID divorce. Both resided there. If Lori decided to divorce Chad RIGHT now and she filed the petition, she could POSSIBLY make the argument and file it in AZ courts and if he filed, it would definitely be in ID court or either could file in the other too. Has to be one or the other of their residence states. That's how I've always understood it and that's the same in almost any kind of case.

There was no Utah residence during Chad and Lori's marriage. And so it coudln't be filed there, just as his and Tammy's couldn't have been.

If Lori tried something like that, with AZ, Chad could argue it probably to be an ID jurisdiction or at least try, as it really is not her permanent residence, ID prison is and she will be returning to ID to go there.

Not that she's going to file.

Just using it as examples.

I looked at it with me because although I never filed, I had had papers drawn a few years before to be ready to if I ever felt I had to. Before I did that, I looked up quite a bit and I could have filed in either MN or WI the way I interpreted it all. I would have had to make the other one my permanent address and residence which I never did, before filing to do so though imo and have it stick if argued.

Yeah, Tammy buried in Springville. Remember he didn't want a mention on her stone, etc.

he and those kids have done her so BAD, lied about her and more, just to try to save that evil man.

So now they've done that and still lost him.

Was it worth it?

Ahd Chad used them and encouraged it and let them instead of caring about his own kids.

Maddens me to this day.

For Tammy.

Dont' know that I will get to see all tonight. Just starting, but more LE, etc. now willing to talk to Nate. They are from ID, Rexburg, Fremont, had different positions then than now but still in that area. One is now sheriff, etc. Kind of a cool story to that lead in in fact.

Already interesting and worth it. Even though we know some of these things, hearing each officer, etc.'s thoughts on it is interesting. And the now sheriff was one of the ones who first went to talk to Lori as to where the kids were. Etc.

Now like Nate asks them all, they are asked about Alex dying and the coincidental timing, how they found out he died, etc.

I may be staying up past when I planned... I was planning on at least four hours leep for once, may not happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom