JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it is something to be known as the "lawyer for the Doomsday mum". I am interested why Doofus husband is not implicated in this one. I bet you it was his idea though. Remember he got Tammy to increase her life insurance some time before he killed her and then as soon as Tammy was murdered too, they married in Hawaii. I really don't understand why they thought they could get away with it or why he hasnt been charged as a co-conspirator.

I am posting this EIA link from 2021 which lays out all the timings. They began justifying the murders to themselves in October 2018 with their zombie theories.

As a reminder -

Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in July 2019 by Lori Vallow's brother, Alex Cox, who claimed self-defense. In October 2019, Brandon Boudreaux, the estranged then-husband of Lori's niece, was shot at from a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow. In only 3 months, there were 2 attempted murders and 4 successful murders.

11 July 2019 murder of Charles
8 Sept increase to Tammy's life ins.
9 & 23 Sept 2019 murders of Tylee & JJ
2 Oct 2019 attempted murder of Brandon
9 Oct 2019 attempted murder of Tammy
19 Oct 2019 murder of Tammy

Last edited:
I guess it is something to be known as the "lawyer for the Doomsday mum". I am interested why Doofus husband is not implicated in this one. I bet you it was his idea though. Remember he got Tammy to increase her life insurance some time before he killed her and then as soon as Tammy was murdered too, they married in Hawaii. I really don't understand why they thought they could get away with it or why he hasnt been charged as a co-conspirator.
I think they've made I guess a measured decision and can't really tie him easily. Brandon, however, is a bit of a different story. He was with Lori at the storage unit handling what appeared to be the seat from the Jeep and the tire. I mean murder itself of Charles they could always bring, not sure about statute with attempted murder, statute of limitations I mean...

THey must feel they don't have enough for either.

As for being a lawyer for the Doomsday mom, I don't think it brought Archibald much fame or loads of new clients...

I am posting this EIA link from 2021 which lays out all the timings. They began justifying the murders to themselves in October 2018 with their zombie theories.

As a reminder -

Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in July 2019 by Lori Vallow's brother, Alex Cox, who claimed self-defense. In October 2019, Brandon Boudreaux, the estranged then-husband of Lori's niece, was shot at from a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow. In only 3 months, there were 2 attempted murders and 4 successful murders.

July 2019 murder of Charles
Sept 2019 murders of Tylee and JJ
Oct 2019 attempted murder of Brandon
Oct 2019 attempted murder of Tammy
Oct 2019 murder of Tammy

At minimum, and that's without Alex who I and many do not believe to be natural.

Yeah they were busy.

Imo Lori got mad at Chad after she killed Charles, or Alex did, they did and then Chad wasn't following through with Tammy as timely as promised... There was an argument and I think that's what it was over... Not just about Chad going WITH Tammy on a family trip although I'm sure that set her off too since plans were to kill her, not to travel and enjoy life with her...

I don’t think they had any verifiable communication between them at that time. They were being a lot more sly than they were later on. Once they got rid of Charles and it worked (in their minds), they got more brazen.

At minimum, and that's without Alex who I and many do not believe to be natural.

Yeah they were busy.

Imo Lori got mad at Chad after she killed Charles, or Alex did, they did and then Chad wasn't following through with Tammy as timely as promised... There was an argument and I think that's what it was over... Not just about Chad going WITH Tammy on a family trip although I'm sure that set her off too since plans were to kill her, not to travel and enjoy life with her...
Yes, she got a little miffed because she did her part and he didn’t do his right away.

I don’t think they had any verifiable communication between them at that time. They were being a lot more sly than they were later on. Once they got rid of Charles and it worked (in their minds), they got more brazen.
Wasnt there an email at one point she supposedly sent from Charles to Chad to do a function in Az so they could meet, as an excuse he could show Tammy?

I found the email in this DM article. I guess all this evidence will come up again in the Az trial, so it's good to refresh our memories.

From the link -

On the morning of the shooting, on July 11, Charles received a message from Adam Cox - another brother of Vallow who was not part of the alleged plot - warning him that Vallow and Daybell are ‘planning something’. Charles Vallow replies ‘absolutely’ - before he was shot dead by Alex Cox minutes later.
Further messages also reveal Lori Vallow was devastated when she learned her husband had removed her as a beneficiary of his life insurance policy before he was killed.
She told Chad Daybell that ‘it’s like a spear through my heart’. Daybell says it is ‘terrible’ and gives the sick response: ‘It would be interesting if he got it changed after he had two bullets in his chest.’
Jurors were also shown an email from June 2019 that was discovered by Charles shortly before he was shot, which he believed was proof of Lori Vallow's affair with Chad Daybell.
The email, which police later discovered was sent from an email linked to Lori Vallow, invited Chad Daybell to Arizona under the guise of becoming Charles' 'ghostwriter'.

The 'false' e-mail sent on June 28, 2019, saw Lori Vallow allegedly imitate a message from her husband to trick Tammy Daybell amid an ongoing affair

The 'false' e-mail sent on June 28, 2019, saw Lori Vallow allegedly imitate a message from her husband to trick Tammy Daybell amid an ongoing affair

More at link.

(Note - So this was sent only 2 weeks before Charles was killed. The holiday mentioned would be 4th July presumably. Charles was shot just a week after that on the 11th.)

Last edited:
Yes, she got a little miffed because she did her part and he didn’t do his right away.
Exactly what I saw, thought and I think was obvious. Agree totally. It's really back and forth on who controls who in this "relationship's because there is evidence BOTH did, and with others as well...

Wasnt there an email at one point she supposedly sent from Charles to Chad to do a function in Az so they could meet, as an excuse he could show Tammy?
There was but as far as around the murder, I don't think they have a lot that we've ever heard other than her complaining after about his changing the life insurance, etc. Even then the ones we know of I don't think Chad ever said anything indicative of him knowing the plan was to kill him, nor did Lori really, just complained about after he "died" she found he changed the benefiiciary and so forth. I imagine they consider charging Chad one day and open possibility but decided there wasn't enough at this time, or to do a wait and see...

You know, they took care of everyone... If Tylee and Alex were here, and alive, but they aren't, when this all came to the point it did, with arrests of Lori and Chad and if they were talked to or even went after, it would be interesting to see who would have turned on who or come clean. ANd of course I am not blaming Tylee, but I think she was realizing and with some pressure or even without, she may have had a LOT to share with LE... It's TOO bad there was NEVER any pressure on anyone after Charles' murder by that LE department. Was that Gilbert? Or Chandler? I get it mixed up at times.

I found the email in this DM article. I guess all this evidence will come up again in the Az trial, so it's good to refresh our memories.

From the link -

On the morning of the shooting, on July 11, Charles received a message from Adam Cox - another brother of Vallow who was not part of the alleged plot - warning him that Vallow and Daybell are ‘planning something’. Charles Vallow replies ‘absolutely’ - before he was shot dead by Alex Cox minutes later.
Further messages also reveal Lori Vallow was devastated when she learned her husband had removed her as a beneficiary of his life insurance policy before he was killed.
She told Chad Daybell that ‘it’s like a spear through my heart’. Daybell says it is ‘terrible’ and gives the sick response: ‘It would be interesting if he got it changed after he had two bullets in his chest.’
Jurors were also shown an email from June 2019 that was discovered by Charles shortly before he was shot, which he believed was proof of Lori Vallow's affair with Chad Daybell.
The email, which police later discovered was sent from an email linked to Lori Vallow, invited Chad Daybell to Arizona under the guise of becoming Charles' 'ghostwriter'.

The 'false' e-mail sent on June 28, 2019, saw Lori Vallow allegedly imitate a message from her husband to trick Tammy Daybell amid an ongoing affair'false' e-mail sent on June 28, 2019, saw Lori Vallow allegedly imitate a message from her husband to trick Tammy Daybell amid an ongoing affair

More at link.

(Note - So this was sent only 2 weeks before Charles was killed. The holiday mentioned would be 4th July presumably. Charles was shot just a week after that on the 11th.)
Pretty much correct.

Yeah, I mean clearly they were together prior to Charles' death and not hard to believe plotting and I believe their plan WAS to kill both spouses and for each to be nowhere near when the other's spouse was killed...

They could try it but they'd really need enough and I think they don't think they necessarily have enough or a DA in AZ doesn't... This is not the same court and state that charged Chad and Lori as conspirators on all the ID murders...

And maybe they'll just see how this one goes first and then take another look and assess again. Hard to say. But it wouldn't be up to like Wood or Blake, etc. Just something I think I wasn't even thinking of but realized we should note.

They had a lot more on charging Lori with Tammy's even though they could not place her there. And that was probably their riskiest one of the charges... As to how it would go with a jury...

Haven't seen any from Linda in awhile and ran into this just now. From the last day.

Just starting to watch, am getting into time crunch with getting ready and where I will need to leave for work. A noon to close today.

Linking for others, not sure if I will finish til later...

She brings up that odd moment in court where Prior asked a witness how many acres was it (was this Chad's brother I think?) and he said to Prior from the witness stand well I don't know, you own it, how many acres is it? And Prior said he didn't know and immediately asked for a side bar with the judge...

I don't know where she's going in this one and not sure I'll get time but like most of Linda's she packs a lot into a short period, this one is just 14 minutes so if anyone else gets a chance and can leave comments for me to read on break lol I'd appreciate. However, I may get through yet. I just am getting down to limited time and have to get ready. We will see. I won't have more time for commentary here though.

"With the generous donations we receive" as if they expect to. Okay yes I am quickly back she is talking of the new owner's GFM and what an assumption imo. Of course we knew about this but I'm just looking at that wording again... Linda did this show I'd say late last night early this morning after midnight, something like that and she said she checked the GFM the day before and it was at $650 for donations. They are probably doing that themselves or having friends do and I'm not surprised and I love people can be so smart...

All know the family are not on board with this and most are suspect of it. They don't want to be known but clearly wanted it known that someone did this and to be found out...

What's it been up for a week or two now and $650....And they can buy it for $350 but immediately look for generous donations (and expect to receive such and thank in advance) to help raze it all and people to give free services and help....

Leaves a very bad taste and suspicion in my mouth and I can't even imagine how the family feels although Colby put it very well, and maybe was a bit too fair and nice but still made it very clear...

So even less time now, having my bagel so seated for a moment and wanted to comment on this part while fresh on my mind.

A $200K goal with $650 donated. And the want for free services and generous donations. Give me a break. Some lofty high expectations here right toff the bat...

And of course what happens with it depends on zoning...

I'd be okay if someone bought such a place and it was my tragedy, lit a match, torched the entire LESS than three acres in a controlled burn and then ignored it for the next 100 years. Other than that if some private buyer wants to leave there and one can't stop them well oh well,, or raze and build fine. But no, they want to use the tragedy of others. IMO. And EXPECT huge donations right off the bat. Ain't happening is it?

Now she is into Chad's appeal and the claims of Judge Boyce's wrong decisions...

I know I should be moving but I'll make it. I am dressed other than socks and shoes and ready other than brushing teeth. I make sure of that always ahead of time and have a half hour or so but will for sure do those things long before the half hour is up in between watching this. What I need is in my cart ready to go out the door, etc.

I don't know what I think of these decisions/issues. The one where the judge let the P amend their charge is one the P themselves were not happy to find or have pointed out... That one I do wonder about. Not sure about the grand jury indictment... And that it should have been dismissed. Why? Several things the appeal claims were errors by the judge... Doesnt mean they are right of course but they are the claims.

I had forgotten about this... Back when they and Mark Means tried to get Rob Wood off the case for prosecutorial misconduct saying he improperly influenced Summer Shiflet (Lori's sister) and Zulema Pastenes.... Hmmm.. I would have never recalled that had I just not now heard it again...

Summer and Zulema each had the same attorney by their sides... I know or thought Mel P and Zulema I think did at some point...

Linda recalls her stuff, much of this is a reminder to me of some time back... Not sure I knew about Summer and Z having the same attorney... That's quite interesting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom