LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw it now. I meant I was watching Court TV waiting for it to come on. RA didn't even go into the courtroom. The judge said for him to go straight back to the jail. It was an oral motion from the defence that they were withdrawing. No reason given but money was hinted at by the Court TV commentators. RA's wife was in court in tears and his mother was there too. The Judge authorised a public defender to be appointed.

Courtroom was full and most had waited for 2 hours apparently.

What a sh**show for the defence to do that. The families of Libby and Abby were there too. Dragging everyone over to Allen County just to cancel everything is a disgrace IMO. For both sides.
Yeah I finally saw it and got sound. Oral argument not shown of course... THat says something was going on prior to hearing no?

WEll your post above when I came in said you were watching and listening to it "right now" as if the heairng was on and I came into say it was canceled and team withdrew. So you never saw a MINUTE of any hearing right? I thought it likely due to your post it happened during the hearing but thee wasn't one right? Can you please clarify?
They reported the defence had quit but couldn't show the actual court recording due to the 30 minute delay the judge had set. I went back and caught it as they finally could show it. Had to sit thru a lot of repeating adverts while waiting and watching.

Yeah I finally saw it and got sound. Oral argument not shown of course... THat says something was going on prior to hearing no?
Yes I think so. The actual hearing was delayed too. I think they have withdrawn due to the leak of the crime scene photos. That's pretty serious IMO.

At least he is assigned a public defender now. Next court date 31st Oct.

Last edited:
Have you checked the sound slider? Some websites have the sound off when you first go there. You have to activate it when you get there.
I finally got it but thanks.

Let me guess. It has to do with defense crimes, leaks and a "suicide"

I think they were come down on, may be charged and are in serious hot water.

After I started this post, I looked back and saw Tresir's. Saying similar.

Itneresting one attorney orally argued but the other will be filing sometihing. Haven't seen a bit of Gull before and she seemed a bit out of breath. I think it's been a day there is my guess...

They reported the defence had quit but couldn't show the actual court recording due to the 30 minute delay the judge had set. I went back and caught it as they finally could show it. Had to sit thru a lot of repeating adverts while waiting and watching.
Right but no oral argument by the attorney was shown right...?

I think it's likely the defense team met with the judge just prior to the hearing to make their argument for withdrawal.
I think it's likely defense is in hot water, may be sanctioned or charged and was being faced with it and that's what they argued... That's my guess but then I haven't seen any rumors.

Just saw it now. I meant I was watching Court TV waiting for it to come on. RA didn't even go into the courtroom. The judge said for him to go straight back to the jail. It was an oral motion from the defence that they were withdrawing. No reason given but money was hinted at by the Court TV commentators. RA's wife was in court in tears and his mother was there too. The Judge authorised a public defender to be appointed.

Courtroom was full and most had waited for 2 hours apparently.

What a sh**show for the defence to do that. The families of Libby and Abby were there too. Dragging everyone over to Allen County just to cancel everything is a disgrace IMO. For both sides.
Larry Millete's defense attorney just quit because of money too. Less than 4 months before a trial date.
If they can't pay, you can't expect someone to work for free.
Should have been public defender all along. They knew how long this was going to get drawn out.

Larry Millete's defense attorney just quit because of money too. Less than 4 months before a trial date.
Should have been public defender all along. They knew how long this was going to get drawn out.
For some reason I though RA already had a public defender. Didn't he write a letter about it?

These were court appointeid attorneys pretty sure. He asked for such back when he said he had no idea how much an attorney would cost.

They did not quit due to money, it was said by them that he has no money, unstable financial status so they felt he would still qualify for public defense.

Did I hear it wrong?

For some reason I though RA already had a public defender. Didn't he write a letter about it?
Yes, pretty srue they were appointed for him. He couldn't afford an attorney. They were just stating that he still can't so judge needs to see another public defender attorney, etc. is appointed for him.

The Court TV reporter said that all the podcasters were in court and court was full. He got to meet a lot of them in person. Wasted trip for all of them too. But I guess they will all be doing YouTube's about it too.

Okay, guess I'm confused why Court TV would be "hinting" it was due to money if he isn't paying them at all.

But you're right. They were public defenders.

Interesting article.

The filing comes two days after Indiana State Police investigated a leak of sensitive evidence and documents related to the case that allegedly became public at the hands of an employee on Baldwin's team.

The Court TV reporter said that all the podcasters were in court and court was full. He got to meet a lot of them in person. Wasted trip for all of them too. But I guess they will all be doing YouTube's about it too.
I have refreshed YT a few times and haven't seen a thing yet. In fact the entire thing is kind of quiet of course many were hard at work catching up on LISK and more with that braeking news. I am sure it will be coming though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom