LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a money issue. It's the fact that Baldwin gave someone access to his office and crime scene photos were leaked. Baldwin has an attorney now. He was court appointed. So was Rozzi. View attachment 20489
Court TV has created a narrative here and not listened to sh*t. These were state paid attorneys! Even @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed came in and thought so, and I heard the same innuendo from Court TV who doesn't have heir sh*t straight and now look at the spread of it already just HERE even. No offense to @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed because I heard the same hint and now emu too ran with it and that is just here!

You have the actual order and date showing otherwise, that should put that one to bed thankfully and Court TV needs to clear their sh*t up and wipe the egg off their face.

I think there may have been some negotiations behind Baldwin and Rozzi stepping down. This whole leak issue may or may not be worthy of criminal charges. Or sanctions. Let's not mention a suicide was involved, potential civil lawsuits. Circus. :(
Yeah I am guessing it was a day or so of trying to put out the biggest fires.... How did the judge that stepped down off this case know it was the best thing he could do... For he, his family and his sanity... I'm not being serious just sort of, and saying I bet right now he is even so much more grateful he did... Gull seemed out of breath etc. today. First time I've seen her so nothing to compare it to. I have a feeling it was not an easy day prior to what we saw, the few minutes that eventually came out OR even the last couple of days.

These imo are/were BAD attorneys, there is a guy DEAD over all of this.

I listened to something today where it said like on Allen's confessions to wife and mom maybe he also was ready to say it in case, plead guilty, etc. in court and give it up, but his attorneys said no, we can twist this, swing this, get you off...

I don't know that I buy that but can believe it with this defense team.

However, my instinct is that Allen is playing all... Jmo. For the moment anyhow...

"Two hours after the hearing, Court TV obtained a memorandum submitted to the court on James Baldwin’s behalf. Baldwin was one of the attorneys representing Allen prior to the hearing. The memo, written in response to the leaked photos, says “Attorney Baldwin did nothing wrong. He was snookered and abused.”

“The issue before the court is a horrible tragedy created by persons not related to the defense of Mr. Allen. There were three disseminators, one of which committed suicide after the law enforcement investigation began.”
According to the memo, Baldwin was “betrayed” by a friend whom he trusted to respect his office space and accessed the photos. “Since that transgression, Mr. Baldwin has kept all Delphi-related items locked in a room or a locked fireproof file cabinet. Furthermore, defense counsel has put together a plan for curative action in which no items will be left unattended for even a second in any unlocked room.”

The memo specifically argued against Baldwin being removed as Allen’s counsel as a sanction for the leaked photos."

More at link.

Hello, I'm back to a busy schedule; so on this big Delphi case development, I was late to hear results from yesterday.
Here's my initial question/answer/reaction:

Question: What information didn't Baldwin (and the Court) know before b/4 the hearing ... that they suddenly knew once in chambers ... that changed everything?
Answer: Whatever info the Prosecution brought to the hearing (chambers) after Baldwin's attorney's memo filing arguing he had no LEAK involvement.

My #1 Guess:
Prosecution (immediately b/4 hearing and/or in chambers) presented critical NEW information that materially changed everything, altering Baldwin's submitted argument to remain counsel. The NEW information:

• changed Baldwin's (and Rizzo's) ability to remain on the case.
  • had Judge accept Defense withdrawals with the Defense Team's commitment to transition to NEW Defense team.
  • caused Judge to comment to gallery: "canceled hearing, apologies, this is not something we can control".

What was the critical new information from Prosecution that flipped the Baldwin Leak position?
If Prosecution reported that the LEAK investigation conducted by LE is ongoing; LE investigation to date has determined that Baldwin is a subject of that investigation, and charges may be pending ... then ...
Baldwin's continuing representation of Allen would suffer/ be handicapped by a cloud of direct conflict of interest.

What's obvious now:

Baldwin admits low security office conditions that increased risk of LEAK. LE has opened an investigation on the LEAK matter - and the investigation is ongoing - charges yet to be determined. Prosecution brought critical new information with regard to the LE investigation to Defense and Court's attention at the latest possible hour. That information changed Baldwin's position on arguing to remain as defense counsel.

Possible Reason for Baldwin (Defense) Oral Withdrawal:
With an open LE investigation, with Baldwin and his office would be actively under investigation ... the Defense is obligated to Withdraw from the case due to CONFLICT. Baldwin therefore abruptly withdrew "orally", in Chambers. Baldwin's oral withdrawal was accepted ... in that the Court now had something in writing explaining/requiring the withdrawal.

What we haven't seen:
We haven't seen the triggering Prosecution's letter in response to Baldwin's Leak Memo; along with possible supporting docs to that Prosecution letter. Will that Prosecution letter/response appear on the Docket? Or will it be sealed?

We also await Defense partner Rizzo's written withdrawal. In that letter, it will be interesting to see if Rizzo references his own conflict of interest - as a likely LE witness for an investigation re: LEAKs.

This development would also explain the Defense Team's expressed commitment to assist with transferring the case to the new Defense team; they remain invested in doing the best thing for their client, RA.

Hate to think there's yet another LE investigation related to the Delphi case ... but I'm thinking ... there just might be.

All just a theory. JMHO.

My #2 Guess: (This one is more cynical.)
-Prosecution presented new information in response to Baldwin's LEAK memo.
  • LE investigation information Baldwin was previously unaware of came to light; Baldwin developed new strategy for his client.
  • Baldwin/Defense came to realize that a new Defense Team could better argue that RA's rights to a fair trial were compromised.

That's yet another theory. JMHO.

Condolences to ALL the families for the additional pain and suffering this LEAK event will bring to their ongoing, never-ending nightmare.

Adding ... JMHO ... slightly cynical thought bubble theory :
After getting NEW information from Prosecution as to LE investigation, team Baldwin & Co. caucused and saw an opportunity for their client, RA, to argue that the LEAK has prejudiced his trial ... and realized that to argue that ... RA would need counsel uninvolved in the LEAK. So they withdrew, with intention to fully participate in transferring case to new counsel.

Ugh, I really don't think that's what went down ... but ... I put on the defense hat to search for a way for defense to make lemonade out of this massive lemon they managed to throw into RA's defense house of horrors. Plus I was always thinking that ... in spite of slowing down his case ... it might help RA to have a fresh start.

My brain HURTS with all this sh*t going on in all these cases. Delphi, Morphew, LISK, Murdaugh and more.

Not for one hot minute do I believe some shared office accidental thing. But yah he is just a simpleton that was snookered. NOT.

Not sure what is being pulled on the general public here but know something is going on. Of course it can't be shared as it will affect the case. Plus ya know, I guess it is just none of our business. Right? Not. I think people need to remember these are OUR courtrooms, OUR judges, OUR officials, OUR system before all younger generations never know that or forget it if they are taught it. That is a topic for another day though, I digress. And certainly there is a need for a fair trial for a defendant without a doubt and imo that's about the ONLY reason that flies when it comes to secrecy in our courts. Well, also allowing an unimpeded (is that a word?) investigation.

I am at a disadvantage without a doubt as I don't do SM and get so little time to even watch other than that. However, with not being fully informed and I hate forming opinions without being fully informed but I am going to, my opinion is we have a dirty defense here. I mean gee let me just rent out space in my one bedroom apartment and keep getting in trouble for something leaked that ONLY exists in my one bedroom apartment... Tell me do I have this right? And not just ONCE but two or three times. I'm just way too stupid to figure that out Judge.

This is at least what the defense would have us believe do i have THAT right? I don't buy any of it. NO SALE.

Allen wants this defense team gone right? Here we go again. My brain hurts. I will have better when all settles some other day. LISK, Morphew, this one, Richins, all of it is jsut too much and I haven't had time to fully look at all and put thoughts together. Even podcasters or YTers haven't had the chance because as of last night there was little about it. I did watch one on the LISK thing which only pizzed me off and that is a post for that one and another time. I am about done with retired NYPD and other retired cops YT channel holders and I liked these guy;s but... Like I said a story for another time, different thread...

A bit of a side trip. THERE was a DEATH due to all of this. Apparently we all get a bit numb with following crime and when all blows like this. SOMEONE apparently suicided OVER it. That ALONE tells me there is more goingi on here.

Again I am at a disadvantage with lack of time and because I don't follow SM but I am not sure sometimes if that is a bad thing or good thing. I do get the feeling others know more about who people are and about the "suicide".

Like I said my brain HURTS. Too much in a few days with little time. I will say this immediately STOPPED all O talk.... Just like MSM, immediately get another hot news buzz item to put the other one out of everyone's thoughts... Hmmm.

Seriously my brain HURTS. Later.

My brain HURTS with all this sh*t going on in all these cases. Delphi, Morphew, LISK, Murdaugh and more.

Not for one hot minute do I believe some shared office accidental thing. But yah he is just a simpleton that was snookered. NOT.

Not sure what is being pulled on the general public here but know something is going on. Of course it can't be shared as it will affect the case. Plus ya know, I guess it is just none of our business. Right? Not. I think people need to remember these are OUR courtrooms, OUR judges, OUR officials, OUR system before all younger generations never know that or forget it if they are taught it. That is a topic for another day though, I digress. And certainly there is a need for a fair trial for a defendant without a doubt and imo that's about the ONLY reason that flies when it comes to secrecy in our courts. Well, also allowing an unimpeded (is that a word?) investigation.

I am at a disadvantage without a doubt as I don't do SM and get so little time to even watch other than that. However, with not being fully informed and I hate forming opinions without being fully informed but I am going to, my opinion is we have a dirty defense here. I mean gee let me just rent out space in my one bedroom apartment and keep getting in trouble for something leaked that ONLY exists in my one bedroom apartment... Tell me do I have this right? And not just ONCE but two or three times. I'm just way too stupid to figure that out Judge.

This is at least what the defense would have us believe do i have THAT right? I don't buy any of it. NO SALE.

Allen wants this defense team gone right? Here we go again. My brain hurts. I will have better when all settles some other day. LISK, Morphew, this one, Richins, all of it is jsut too much and I haven't had time to fully look at all and put thoughts together. Even podcasters or YTers haven't had the chance because as of last night there was little about it. I did watch one on the LISK thing which only pizzed me off and that is a post for that one and another time. I am about done with retired NYPD and other retired cops YT channel holders and I liked these guy;s but... Like I said a story for another time, different thread...

A bit of a side trip. THERE was a DEATH due to all of this. Apparently we all get a bit numb with following crime and when all blows like this. SOMEONE apparently suicided OVER it. That ALONE tells me there is more goingi on here.

Again I am at a disadvantage with lack of time and because I don't follow SM but I am not sure sometimes if that is a bad thing or good thing. I do get the feeling others know more about who people are and about the "suicide".

Like I said my brain HURTS. Too much in a few days with little time. I will say this immediately STOPPED all O talk.... Just like MSM, immediately get another hot news buzz item to put the other one out of everyone's thoughts... Hmmm.

Seriously my brain HURTS. Later.
Methinks the defense got caught in some shenanigans that were uncovered by this death.

Yeah I am guessing it was a day or so of trying to put out the biggest fires.... How did the judge that stepped down off this case know it was the best thing he could do... For he, his family and his sanity... I'm not being serious just sort of, and saying I bet right now he is even so much more grateful he did... Gull seemed out of breath etc. today. First time I've seen her so nothing to compare it to. I have a feeling it was not an easy day prior to what we saw, the few minutes that eventually came out OR even the last couple of days.

These imo are/were BAD attorneys, there is a guy DEAD over all of this.

I listened to something today where it said like on Allen's confessions to wife and mom maybe he also was ready to say it in case, plead guilty, etc. in court and give it up, but his attorneys said no, we can twist this, swing this, get you off...

I don't know that I buy that but can believe it with this defense team.

However, my instinct is that Allen is playing all... Jmo. For the moment anyhow...
They would get paid more for defending if he pleads not guilty, as there is more work to do.

Which is why they "resigned". That would be grounds for ineffective council, mistrial, etc.
They started off the morning with Baldwin's attorney pleading his case to not be removed. In short order, Baldwin resigned. I think the prosecution showed their hand behind closed doors and were very willing to call witnesses to refute Baldwin's innocent victim plea. Baldwin had no choice. "How about we fire you but we'll publicly call it a resignation."

Adding ... JMHO ... slightly cynical thought bubble theory :
After getting NEW information from Prosecution as to LE investigation, team Baldwin & Co. caucused and saw an opportunity for their client, RA, to argue that the LEAK has prejudiced his trial ... and realized that to argue that ... RA would need counsel uninvolved in the LEAK. So they withdrew, with intention to fully participate in transferring case to new counsel.

Ugh, I really don't think that's what went down ... but ... I put on the defense hat to search for a way for defense to make lemonade out of this massive lemon they managed to throw into RA's defense house of horrors. Plus I was always thinking that ... in spite of slowing down his case ... it might help RA to have a fresh start.

#3 Guess

Defence were happy about the leak of the CS photos as they had already discussed them in their Franks motion.

Maybe it wasn't a suicide? Photos were insecurely kept and easily leaked and the leaker is dead. Very convenient.

Shutting the stable door.

Has Baldwin and Rozzi been sanctioned or fined for this breach?

Who are the officers investigating the 'suicide' ?

#3 Guess

Defence were happy about the leak of the CS photos as they had already discussed them in their Franks motion.

Maybe it wasn't a suicide? Photos were insecurely kept and easily leaked and the leaker is dead. Very convenient.

Shutting the stable door.

Has Baldwin and Rozzi been sanctioned or fined for this breach?

Who are the officers investigating the 'suicide' ?

good questions. let's see.

judge said the withdrawal of counsel was not under her control. hmmm.
family of dead leaker accepts his suicide and stated it wasn't about the leaks (?).
we know nothin on consequences from Court for the breach.

And as to your last question: I have problems w/ this b/c it seems to be the same police dept, the same police arresting RA, and the same poilice that messed up the original Delphi investigation so miserably ... and I think it's a damned conflict for them to work on this Leak case b/c they are so invested in the RA case.

JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom