LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a video at this link that makes me think it could be Allen on the bridge.

His gait is similar. The reason I was so sure it was Logan is because Logan had a similar gait to BG. So now I'll say Allen could be BG.

Allen also volunteered that he was on the bridge during the investigation.

This is from the same article:

"Authorities said they sealed the criminal complaint and other records in the case because the investigation is still ongoing. They said there will be a hearing to determine whether the records will stay sealed. It’s unusual for details of an arrest and crime to not come out after charges are filed."
Is the video the guy lighting fireworks? Because I don't think his facial features look like RA.

Or is it the one with RA in the car? He does look like BG in that.

Last edited:
I am not sure he did or there would surely be DNA ? Took pictures maybe or a video. We are not really sure why he abducted them, are we? Perhaps he intended to but they resisted. Hence the racking of the gun.

We don't know what evidence they do or don't have because they aren't releasing it. I've never heard of no sexual assault, what's the motive then?

Ok I have checked the distance of the girls from the bridge and it is in the PCA as .2 miles. I also checked the guards patches and they weren't Odin patches but patches relating to a Norse religious organisation. This article mentions it. They could be associated with Odinism but in this instance they weren't.

"Court documents say both correctional officers denied practicing Odinism but admitted to wearing patches on their uniforms that can be — but they said are not — associated with Odinism. The correctional officers said they stopped wearing the patches on their uniforms in September 2023 when they were asked to remove them. The correctional officers also claimed they were not part of a cult or a radical hate group.

One of the correctional officers said Norse Paganism Heathenry is his practicing religion.

RELATED: Richard Allen’s attorneys name Purdue professor and say police hid statement on Odinist connection to Delphi killings

In regard to their interactions with Allen, the correctional officers both said they’ve never threatened Allen and never had a one-on-one conversation with Allen about Odinism.

One of the correctional officers told prosecutors he went “above and beyond to not use any kind of force on (Allen), even though there have been times when use of force was justified by standard operating procedures.” That correctional officer said Allen was tased twice between May 9 and May 25 because he did not comply with the officers’ orders.

Warden’s claims​

The prosecutor also spoke with the acting warden of the Westville Correctional Facility, who said correctional officers were allowed to wear any patches on their vests until the allegations made by the defense team.

The warden also said the facility offers religious services if there are at least five people who practice the religion in the complex — and the facility has never held services related to Odism. And of the “very few inmates” that practice Odinism, the warden said none of those inmates are housed with or next to Allen."

Last edited:
Had the chance to watch some forensic profiling experts on RA last night; they say that RA doesn't match the profile. I really wanted to hear from forensic psych experts - those who profile for a living, with years of experience.

Among other things, his close relationship with Mom and wife ... also doesn't match the profile. And RA's physical/psych deterioration in prison ... as a farce (or "malingering") they also feel doesn't match RA's history. Their impressions are pretty fascinating.

Brucato has done at least 3 profiles for the Delphi case on this youtube channel (the Interview Room). One of those profiles was done in detail after RA made news for confessing. I'm linking that most recent one. Brucato has also done 1 profile discussion as a guest on "The Unravelling".

At the link below, (which profiles 3 killers), Delphi/RA analysis/discussion begins at 1:02 (one hour, 2 minutes).

Dr. Brucato (with add'l commentary from Dr. Ann Burgess):

We don't know what evidence they do or don't have because they aren't releasing it. I've never heard of no sexual assault, what's the motive then?
I have never heard of sexual assault confirmed or denied, so I don't know but it could have been the original motive, but it didn't go down as easy as he thought, or it could have just been sadistic or to photograph or video them naked. Why would he get them to disrobe if the motive wasn't sexual? Perhaps they fought him (he got muddy and bloody somehow) and he took out his knife as he didn't want to fire the gun.

I think it's obvious that the crime was sexually motivated but that doesn't mean that there was sexual assault.

I have never heard of sexual assault confirmed or denied, so I don't know but it could have been the original motive, but it didn't go down as easy as he thought, or it could have just been sadistic or to photograph or video them naked. Why would he get them to disrobe if the motive wasn't sexual? Perhaps they fought him (he got muddy and bloody somehow) and he took out his knife as he didn't want to fire the gun.

These are good Qs and good reminder that the definition of SA differs by jurisdiction ... around the world.

I just linked here a forensic psych review of RA and Delphi murders (profiling) and the experts are quite firm that Delphi was fully intended to be a violent act against woman/women from the perp's past, and that forcing the girls to undress was/is unequivically sexual assault. Not sure what Indiana Law says on the topic. JMO

edited until I got the double quote right. :sigh:

I've been discussing this case with a friend and this is what they've noticed:

Feeling like there is something wrong with the timeline.
a) The proposed timeline belongs to a meticulous genius; RA is neither.
b) There is no motive/purpose with this proposed timeline; timeline denies self-gratification; no motive for the reverent cleaning, staging;
c) the proposed timeline does not match with Libby's phone's ping record,
d) there is every reason to explore alternate timelines (beyond RA),
e) what's the TOD report range for each victim,
f) there's no determination where the two murders happen; (maybe for one only); where for the other; where's the blood?.
g) there's a bleed-out timeline for each victim depending on injury; 2 min to 20 min - what time is allowed?
h) re-dressing and staging timeline?
i) the LE investigation shows that originally, a longer timeline was presumed by all experts,
j) the public's been provided a grainy video that's been highly edited one second clip with disembodied voice and without clarity as to how it's been edited.
k) early crime scene's reporting highlighted the staging ... for a reason; now LE belittles it. What's different? The timeline.
MOO

Ok I have checked the distance of the girls from the bridge and it is in the PCA as .2 miles. I also checked the guards patches and they weren't Odin patches but patches relating to a Norse religious organisation. This article mentions it. They could be associated with Odinism but in this instance they weren't.

"Court documents say both correctional officers denied practicing Odinism but admitted to wearing patches on their uniforms that can be — but they said are not — associated with Odinism. The correctional officers said they stopped wearing the patches on their uniforms in September 2023 when they were asked to remove them. The correctional officers also claimed they were not part of a cult or a radical hate group.

One of the correctional officers said Norse Paganism Heathenry is his practicing religion.

RELATED: Richard Allen’s attorneys name Purdue professor and say police hid statement on Odinist connection to Delphi killings

In regard to their interactions with Allen, the correctional officers both said they’ve never threatened Allen and never had a one-on-one conversation with Allen about Odinism.

One of the correctional officers told prosecutors he went “above and beyond to not use any kind of force on (Allen), even though there have been times when use of force was justified by standard operating procedures.” That correctional officer said Allen was tased twice between May 9 and May 25 because he did not comply with the officers’ orders.

Warden’s claims​

The prosecutor also spoke with the acting warden of the Westville Correctional Facility, who said correctional officers were allowed to wear any patches on their vests until the allegations made by the defense team.

The warden also said the facility offers religious services if there are at least five people who practice the religion in the complex — and the facility has never held services related to Odism. And of the “very few inmates” that practice Odinism, the warden said none of those inmates are housed with or next to Allen."

These aren't Odin patches?

Screenshot 2023-11-13 154742.png

I find it really strange that they had those Odin patches on for several months and the Warden had no clue about it. I'd have to think someone brought it up to him, and he just let it go. I'd say it's far more likely he knew about it, but didn't care. Then when all this wmsmiley-****-hits-the1-fan.gifhe acted like he never knew about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom