LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If I take a picture with my phone, it has metadata that shows where it came from. I think experts can get it, even from stuff uploaded to the internet.
Huh? If you take a picture of a framed photo on your wall, it shows that it came from your wall? Wow, that is magical. You are missing my point I think? If they can't see the frame or your wall, how would they know if you took a pic of the pic on your computer screen, on your kitchen table or the wall if the screen did not show, the table did not show and the wall did not show??

Does that make my question clearer? So you are telling me if me myself went into Baldwin's office and took a picture of a picture of his wife on his desk, the metadata would show i was in his office, it was of that framed physical photo, etc., etc.??

I do NOT believe that.

And if I come to your house and you are in the bathroom and I take a photo of a pic on your computer screen, the date of the photo on the screen shows as well as that it was at your house on your computer? No way. Cropped or taken of course with no hint it was on a computer screen, or on a wall with a frame? Or on your table as a printed picture?

There is some code in there that SHOWS? I don't even know what you are talking of. Honestly. But it isn't what I am talking of. I'd bet on it.

And if I come to your house and you are in the bathroom and I take a photo of a pic on your computer screen, the date of the photo on the screen shows as well as that it was at your house on your computer? No way. Cropped or taken of course with no hint it was on a computer screen, or on a wall with a frame? Or on your table as a printed picture?

There is some code in there that SHOWS? I don't even know what you are talking of. Honestly. But it isn't what I am talking of. I'd bet on it.

The metadata isn't available to tell what surface it was taken from, but I'd believe that if it's transferred from a phone to a computer, the metadata stays with it. @kdg411 is the one we need to school us.

The metadata isn't available to tell what surface it was taken from, but I'd believe that if it's transferred from a phone to a computer, the metadata stays with it. @kdg411 is the one we need to school us.
I am not talking about a transfer. I am talking about taking your phone or camera and taking a pictuer of a picture whether displayed on a computer screen, a physical print laying on a table, etc. I think I have been entirely clear and FIGURED that is what you meant. I am not talking a tech transfer. And I'd love to see KDG but now you call her in to just have to see all the former posts to know what the point even is.

Do I have to explain it again??

He could snap a picture with his phone or camera of a photo on a screen, OR on a table OR on a wall, etc. That is NOT a tech, electronic transfer of any kind.

This I even believe WAS done in Baldwin's office as they were ensuring NO electronic trail to implicate Baldwin or a computer. After THAT from person to person it may have been sending by phone electronically or computer to the next person and then the next person. I am talking about taking a PHYSICAL picture of a picture. NOT sending or transferring. Psheesh.

I am not talking about a transfer. I am talking about taking your phone or camera and taking a pictuer of a picture whether displayed on a computer screen, a physical print laying on a table, etc. I think I have been entirely clear and FIGURED that is what you meant. I am not talking a tech transfer. And I'd love to see KDG but now you call her in to just have to see all the former posts to know what the point even is.

Do I have to explain it again??

He could snap a picture with his phone or camera of a photo on a screen, OR on a table OR on a wall, etc. That is NOT a tech, electronic transfer of any kind.

This I even believe WAS done in Baldwin's office as they were ensuring NO electronic trail to implicate Baldwin or a computer. After THAT from person to person it may have been sending by phone electronically or computer to the next person and then the next person. I am talking about taking a PHYSICAL picture of a picture. NOT sending or transferring. Psheesh.

I don't know. If the borders and table are visible, than it was taken with his phone camera. If he managed to just get the picture and no frame, then it's different.

I don't know. If the borders and table are visible, than it was taken with his phone camera. If he managed to just get the picture and no frame, then it's different.
Huh?? I am not talking of what he took pictures with. I am pretty sure I am talking in plain English. I officially give up. I am simply wondering if he could have been looking at the pictures on a computer in the law office rather than on a conference table.

Even if I was, which i most certainly was and am not, this post makes no sense.

Just forget it.

Not to confuse you further, but if investigators took his phone, they should be able to determine the date he took pictures of the photos. Did they take it? They certainly should have. Imo.

I think emu is referring to the file names of the digital photos as opposed to file names of photos or screen shots on the perps camera. They will be different.
Well maybe you can help clear it up as I think we are talking of different things.

This makes no sense to me either. The claim is M took PHYSICAL photos of printed pictures right? Why would there be any file name or do we know there was one printed on the physical pics he took a picture of? I can't put it any clearer, they were not digital tranfers to M's phone, they were "snapshots" take most likely by his phone of printed pics laying on an conference table so why and how do you or he figure there are file names?

Well maybe you can help clear it up as I think we are talking of different things.

This makes no sense to me either. The claim is M took PHYSICAL photos of printed pictures right? Why would there be any file name or do we know there was one printed on the physical pics he took a picture of? I can't put it any clearer, they were not digital tranfers to M's phone, they were "snapshots" take most likely by his phone of printed pics laying on an conference table so why and how do you or he figure there are file names?
When you take a photo with a digital camera ( eg a camera on your phone ) it assigns a specific file name to it on your camera phone so you can retrieve it and send it to someone. Like when I screenshot the arrest affidavit of the clerk of the courts son for the Murdaugh thread. That was a photo of the document that I pulled up on my phone. I can now access that photo on my phone whenever I want and attach it to this post (see below) or to an email and send it to whoever i want. There has to be a unique file number to identify the file on my phone because I have hundreds of photos, screenshots, images on my phone. Most people have. I can take a photo of something physical like my face or do a screenshot from my computer screen.

See screenshots below.Screenshot_20231126-170912_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231126-170727_Samsung Internet.jpg

So he took photos of photos he says. If he used a regular old fashioned camera he would have to develop the film and would have physical pictures. We believe he probably used his phone or a digital camera, so the pics would be digital pics and therefore probably have file names ending in .jpg that's the norm, AFAIK, but I am not a computer expert. If you look at the attachments to this post you can see they begin Screenshot_20231126- etc that's the file name.

Here's the screenshot of the affidavit I was talking about that I posted on the Murdaugh thread. I expect the file name will have a different (older) date.

Screenshot_20231124-101616_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
When you take a photo with a digital camera ( eg a camera on your phone ) it assigns a specific file name to it on your camera phone so you can retrieve it and send it to someone. Like when I screenshot the arrest affidavit of the clerk of the courts son for the Murdaugh thread. That was a photo of the document that I pulled up on my phone. I can now access that photo on my phone whenever I want and attach it to this post (see below) or to an email and send it to whoever i want. There has to be a unique file number to identify the file on my phone because I have hundreds of photos, screenshots, images on my phone. Most people have. I can take a photo of something physical like my face or do a screenshot from my computer screen.

See screenshots below.View attachment 20783View attachment 20784

So he took photos of photos he says. If he used a regular old fashioned camera he would have to develop the film and would have physical pictures. We believe he probably used his phone or a digital camera, so the pics would be digital pics and therefore probably have file names ending in .jpg that's the norm, AFAIK, but I am not a computer expert. If you look at the attachments to this post you can see they begin Screenshot_20231126- etc that's the file name.
Replying to my own post to see if the file names show up.

Yes they do and if I click on them I can copy the file names. And here is the address of the first screenshot. You can see it has the name 'screenshot' then the date then some other numbers. This name date and number is unique to that pic.

And here is the file name of the second screenshot -

That is a date and time when I took those screenshots on a Samsung phone and the number at the end is probably a CW sequential ref number.

Isn't technology wonderful?

Last edited:
yes but what I am saying is you could be gong through pictures on a computer screen and do a screen shot of each. they say they were laying on the table. I don't take the word of suspects. They could be screenshots so long as they don't get the top menu, the task bar, etc. in them, we don't know that physical pictures were out. Not saying it is the case, just saying I don't know how they could know unless the table can be seen in the shots...
If he was going thru pics on a computer screen then he could just click and attach the files to an email and he would have copies of the original pics. They would have the original metadata then.

We don't really know - we are just going by what the guy himself and Baldwin said.

Your phone would show where you were though maybe.

See screenshots below.View attachment 20783View attachment 20784

Here's the screenshot of the affidavit I was talking about that I posted on the Murdaugh thread. I expect the file name will have a different (older) date.

View attachment 20785
I have to reply to it to see the file name.

Here it is.

Ok so I took that screenshot on 24th Nov at 10.16 not sure why it says chrome except that must have been because I was using Google chrome at the time I did the screenshot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom