LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a chance yet to read the SC written decision so if anyone has, perhaps they could give a recap/opinion on it. I wont get to it for a few hours.

It proves the time he arrived. And the muddy/bloody/fight witness proves when he left. The bullet at the scene matching one at his house proves he was at the crime scene. Libby's video proves it was him kidnapping them. It is very strong evidence plus his confession is on tape too. People have been convicted on much less IMO.

According to the video made by the FBI guy, (six months before the arrest of RA) nobody, wet or muddy was seen leaving the scene. This is one of the reasons he suspected RL. The muddy/bloody person is very hinky to me.

I haven't had a chance yet to read the SC written decision so if anyone has, perhaps they could give a recap/opinion on it. I wont get to it for a few hours.
I skimmed over it so quickly I'm not even comfy with an in depth discussion.

Basically, they said Gull really stepped in it disqualifying the defense.

Speedy trial. They never filed for one. So, not granted.

Removal of judge. All they considered was her structural error regarding removing the defense.

My only opinion here is she continues to grant prosecution whatever they ask for and deny the defense motions. She did reschedule the contempt hearing.

Removal of judge. All they considered was her structural error regarding removing the defense.

My only opinion here is she continues to grant prosecution whatever they ask for and deny the defense motions. She did reschedule the contempt hearing.

Again, appeal issue.

According to the video made by the FBI guy, (six months before the arrest of RA) nobody, wet or muddy was seen leaving the scene. This is one of the reasons he suspected RL. The muddy/bloody person is very hinky to me.
They did find her car on video when she said she was there. My only issue with her statement is I'm confused how you would see blood on all that dark blue.

The witness didnt say wet did she? She said he looked like he had been in a fight. Where are you getting wet from?

Ok but did she actually remove them? I thought they removed themselves rather than go in open court. Thanks anyway - I will get to it later hopefully.

Anyone else read it yet?

She allowed the move out of Westville and denied the prosecution access to his mental records at the jail so it hasn't all gone the defence's way IMO.
Could be. Which begs the question why she didn't call 911.
Do we know that she didn't? This would have been around 4 to 4:30 I am guessing.

I have now watched the Tom video Gbear posted and from what I heard they are basically saying Gull could have used sanctions instead, including jail and they reinstated R&B so it would not be detrimental to Rick's defence.

A lot more was mentioned but that was the most important, that I could see. They were concerned it would be at least 9 months for new D to get up to speed.

Last edited:
The witness didnt say wet did she? She said he looked like he had been in a fight. Where are you getting wet from?

How does somebody get muddy without getting wet. He was described as muddy and bloody.

No offense, but I'm done with this conversation until after the trial is just about to start or we find out more meaningful information. I feel like you keep moving the goal post.

She allowed the move out of Westville and denied the prosecution access to his mental records at the jail so it hasn't all gone the defence's way IMO.

Do we know that she didn't? This would have been around 4 to 4:30 I am guessing.

I have now watched the Tom video Gbear posted and from what I heard they are basically saying Gull could have used sanctions instead, including jail and they reinstated R&B so it would not be detrimental to Rick's defence.

A lot more was mentioned but that was the most important, that I could see. They were concerned it would be at least 9 months for new D to get up to speed.
We don't know that she did.

I'm talking about her conduct since the Supreme Court reinstated the defense.

I really have no recollection of the defense asking for RA to be moved to another state prison. Have you seen any orders about that?

No, in America they can only hold you for 48 hours without charging you with a crime. All they had was two people saying it was him and a bunch of calls to the tip line.

The warrant they were able to attain was very limited in scope. It was to see if they could arrest him for breaking parole.

All they had was his cousin telling them he asked him to lie for him.

This is why the arrest of RA is so peculiar. Why would he admit to being there if he did it? The search warrant was questionable.

Because it wasn't him.

But/if isn't evidence. It's just speculation
It's not but/if anymore based on the link about the matching bullet found in his house.

How does somebody get muddy without getting wet. He was described as muddy and bloody.

No offense, but I'm done with this conversation until after the trial is just about to start or we find out more meaningful information. I feel like you keep moving the goal post.
I'm just answering your points with evidence and references. You mentioned wet - no one else has. Now we know more with each week that goes by. Have you read the PCA?

I am quite happy if you want to end the convo.

Last edited:
We don't know that she did.

I'm talking about her conduct since the Supreme Court reinstated the defense.

I really have no recollection of the defense asking for RA to be moved to another state prison. Have you seen any orders about that?
I addressed that first line.

I haven't seen a problem with her conduct and neither have the SC. They only criticised her for not using sanctions like fines or jail.

They wanted him out of Westville is what I said.

Includes a Scribd copy of the 21 page ruling

From the article -

"Gull claimed the leak was one of several examples of Baldwin and Rozzi acting with gross negligence in their defense of Allen. She also accused them of making false statements as justification for her decision to remove them and replace them with new public defenders.

Supreme Court justices say they denied Allen’s request to replace Gull because he “did not overcome our presumption of impartiality by identifying facts showing clearly that the special judge is biased or prejudiced.

Justices say they denied Allen’s request for a trial within 70 days because his attorneys never filed the paperwork with the court. Allen’s trial is currently set for for Oct. 15-31.

The justices concluded their explanation by saying any petitions to rehear or reconsider their rulings will not be allowed."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom