LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious to me that the D know they have a hopeless case and are doing all they can to get evidence thrown out. They leaked CS photos, then tried getting the judge thrown out and it didn't work. Then they tried to get the search warrant thrown out. They will pretty much soon run out of things to choose to throw out.

Now we have the contempt debacle so by the time October comes around, they could end up off the case. So would the new/old D be drafted back in if the contempt is proved?

“Clothes were found in the Deer Creek belonging to” both of of the girls “south of where their bodies were located,” the affidavit alleges. “There was also a .40 caliber unspent round less than two feet away from Victim 2’s body, between Victim 1 and Victim 2’s bodies. The round was unspent and had extraction marks on it.”

It's obvious to me that the D know they have a hopeless case and are doing all they can to get evidence thrown out. They leaked CS photos, then tried getting the judge thrown out and it didn't work. Then they tried to get the search warrant thrown out. They will pretty much soon run out of things to choose to throw out.

Now we have the contempt debacle so by the time October comes around, they could end up off the case. So would the new/old D be drafted back in if the contempt is proved?
Good question, what happens then?
Anyway, yeah, their goal all along has been to get the charges dropped, because, no, they don't want to go to trial...and if I were on the defense side of the table, I wouldn't either. lol!

The reporter who has stated the CS was unsecured should be sacked IMO. If what she stated was true then how would LE know exactly where the bullet was found in relation to the bodies? Unless the bodies were left unsecured too. I think they are making up storylines to get views.

The reporter who has stated the CS was unsecured should be sacked IMO. If what she stated was true then how would LE know exactly where the bullet was found in relation to the bodies? Unless the bodies were left unsecured too. I think they are making up storylines to get views.
Excellent observation!
I don't know who reported that but I'd like to know her source. (You know, sources used to actually be important to reporters (lol!) that is, they used to need to find that not only was their one source reliable but they might have needed at least two before they went with a story.)

I don't know if this an unusual request or not. I would have thought cell phones should always be left outside of the courtroom. What does he need the phone and the laptop for? If he has evidence (the documents he mentions) he needs with him on the day then he has plenty of time to submit them to the court and the parties ahead of time.

I don't know if this an unusual request or not. I would have thought cell phones should always be left outside of the courtroom. What does he need the phone and the laptop for? If he has evidence (the documents he mentions) he needs with him on the day then he has plenty of time to submit them to the court and the parties ahead of time.
It isnt unusual in the US for laptops to be allowed for reference, etc.

It isnt unusual in the US for laptops to be allowed for reference, etc.
But doesn't he have to provide the documents or info to the court that he is going to refer too? It should be filed publically right?

Laptops can be used and referred to in the well of the court?

But doesn't he have to provide the documents or info to the court that he is going to refer too? It should be filed publically right?

Laptops can be used and referred to in the well of the court?
There is no reason you cannot have info with personal notes on it on a laptop. The evidence and witnesses need to be submitted. Trial strategy doesn't.

So you're arguing about the bullet now? It is an unspent bullet with ejection marks, which matches one found in RA's house in a keepsake box, as I posted upthread. I also believe they found an item of clothing from the CS. Why do you think D want the search thrown out?

An unspent casing and a bullet are miles away from each other in identification marks. A bullet is almost as good as DNA. An unfired casing is not.

Also, who's DNA and fingerprints were found at the scene?

They are doing what any defense attorneys would do in a similar situation.

Good question, what happens then?
Anyway, yeah, their goal all along has been to get the charges dropped, because, no, they don't want to go to trial...and if I were on the defense side of the table, I wouldn't either. lol!

It doesn't matter what evidence is presented at trial. He's already been convicted in the minds of the locals.

Not all of them though. Read the comments under the Grizzly video. A lot of people have questions. Even those who say they live in the area.

Nope, they aren't. Your question is one of the hinky things in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom