LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:

From above link -

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — Richard Allen reportedly made “incriminating statements to both inmates and guards” during his time in prison awaiting his double-murder trial. His attorneys want these so-called “confessions” suppressed due to claiming Allen was “in a state of psychosis.”
Allen is accused of killing 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi in February 2017. The high-profile murder trial is currently scheduled to begin on May 13.

Abby Williams and Libby German

13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)​
Previous reports have detailed how Allen reportedly admitted to killing the girls during a prison phone call to his wife, but his attorneys have repeatedly claimed Allen was under physical and mental duress at the time and his statements couldn’t be trusted.
But this wasn’t the only time Allen made “incriminating statements.” A new filing reveals that Allen also reportedly made further “confessions” to guards and inmates during his stay at Westville Correction Facility.
Allen’s attorneys are pushing for these “confessions” to be suppressed, however, stating in their latest motion that the poor conditions Allen was kept in compounded his deteriorating mental health state. The defense attorneys said these so-called “confessions” were the result of “psychological and mental coercion illegally directed against the Defendant” and therefore were “involuntarily given.”
Allen’s attorneys said their client was kept on “suicide watch” during the majority of his stay at Westville prison and that he was exposed to “some of the harshest conditions that even the most heinous of convicted offenders have not endured.”
It should be noted that a judge felt that Allen was being treated better than most inmates during his stay at Westville.

The Carroll County Prosecutor’s Office also previously pushed back against claims of Allen’s mental health duress by stating that Allen didn’t begin acting strangely — such as eating paper — until after his alleged confession to his wife.

Richard-Allen.jpg

Left: Richard Allen a year or two before his arrest: Right: Richard Allen on April 4, 2023​

Allen’s attorneys go on to claim that inmates were stationed outside Allen’s door to spy on him and keep logs of all his actions, statements and behaviors. The attorneys say at some point these prisoners were pulled and replaced by guards.
The allegedly poor conditions he was kept in exacerbated Allen’s mental health conditions, according to his attorneys. According to them, Allen has “battled depression throughout most of his adult life.”
During his stay in prison, the attorneys claim Allen’s medications were administered “in a less than consistent fashion” as well. The attorneys also further pushed their claim of inmates and prison guards being in the prison tied to Odinism. This claim is tied into the attorneys’ alternative cult killing theory.

Due to all of these compounding factors, Allen’s attorneys argued that any “confessions” their client made were not voluntary due to the toll his captivity had on his mental health.

“Already suffering from a bona fide mental health disorder, and then having been cut off from the moral support of his wife, mother, and daughter, Allen was weakened to the point where he slipped into a state of psychosis plagued with grossly disorganized, delusional, paranoid and highly dysfunctional behavior. These behaviors were manifested through verbal confessions that he may have been drugged, verbal confessions to the double homicide (inconsistent with known facts about the crime scene) periods of not sleeping for days, paranoia, stripping off his clothes, drinking toilet water, covering himself with and eating his own feces, and many other socially unacceptable behaviors.”
Bradley Rozzi, attorney for Richard Allen
According to Allen’s attorneys, one of these reported “confessions” includes Allen telling an inmate that he molested Abby and Libby before shooting them in the back. The attorneys point out how this isn’t supported by the autopsy of the victims; the girls’ cause of death being related to a “sharp object”, not gunshot wounds.
Allen also reportedly expressed sorrow to another inmate over “molesting Abby, Libby and others which he specifically named.” Again the attorneys pointed out the alleged falsities of this “confession” by stating the autopsy of the girls was “absence of any evidence” that either of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before their deaths.
If Special Judge Fran Gull approves the motion to suppress, any so-called confessions made by Allen during his time in prison would not be able to be presented as evidence during his trial.

Last edited:
I don't think we know there was no sexual assault, do we?

Judging by all this it sounds to me like they needs to consider an insanity plea.

"Already suffering from a bona fide mental health condition... " ?????

..."expressed sorrow to an inmate over molesting Abby and Libby and others he specifically named......"?????

"one of these reported “confessions” includes Allen telling an inmate that he molested Abby and Libby before shooting them in the back. The attorneys point out how this isn’t supported by the autopsy of the victims; the girls’ cause of death being related to a “sharp object”, not gunshot wounds."

Judging by all this it sounds to me like they needs to consider an insanity plea.

..."expressed sorrow to an inmate over molesting Abby and Libby and others he specifically named......"?????

"one of these reported “confessions” includes Allen telling an inmate that he molested Abby and Libby before shooting them in the back. The attorneys point out how this isn’t supported by the autopsy of the victims; the girls’ cause of death being related to a “sharp object”, not gunshot wounds."

Yeah, this is why I want to know when people said it and how does it line up with the evidence.

From above link -

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — Richard Allen reportedly made “incriminating statements to both inmates and guards” during his time in prison awaiting his double-murder trial. His attorneys want these so-called “confessions” suppressed due to claiming Allen was “in a state of psychosis.”
Allen is accused of killing 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi in February 2017. The high-profile murder trial is currently scheduled to begin on May 13.

13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)
Previous reports have detailed how Allen reportedly admitted to killing the girls during a prison phone call to his wife, but his attorneys have repeatedly claimed Allen was under physical and mental duress at the time and his statements couldn’t be trusted.
But this wasn’t the only time Allen made “incriminating statements.” A new filing reveals that Allen also reportedly made further “confessions” to guards and inmates during his stay at Westville Correction Facility.
Allen’s attorneys are pushing for these “confessions” to be suppressed, however, stating in their latest motion that the poor conditions Allen was kept in compounded his deteriorating mental health state. The defense attorneys said these so-called “confessions” were the result of “psychological and mental coercion illegally directed against the Defendant” and therefore were “involuntarily given.”
Allen’s attorneys said their client was kept on “suicide watch” during the majority of his stay at Westville prison and that he was exposed to “some of the harshest conditions that even the most heinous of convicted offenders have not endured.”
It should be noted that a judge felt that Allen was being treated better than most inmates during his stay at Westville.

The Carroll County Prosecutor’s Office also previously pushed back against claims of Allen’s mental health duress by stating that Allen didn’t begin acting strangely — such as eating paper — until after his alleged confession to his wife.

Richard-Allen.jpg

Left: Richard Allen a year or two before his arrest: Right: Richard Allen on April 4, 2023

Allen’s attorneys go on to claim that inmates were stationed outside Allen’s door to spy on him and keep logs of all his actions, statements and behaviors. The attorneys say at some point these prisoners were pulled and replaced by guards.
The allegedly poor conditions he was kept in exacerbated Allen’s mental health conditions, according to his attorneys. According to them, Allen has “battled depression throughout most of his adult life.”
During his stay in prison, the attorneys claim Allen’s medications were administered “in a less than consistent fashion” as well. The attorneys also further pushed their claim of inmates and prison guards being in the prison tied to Odinism. This claim is tied into the attorneys’ alternative cult killing theory.

Due to all of these compounding factors, Allen’s attorneys argued that any “confessions” their client made were not voluntary due to the toll his captivity had on his mental health.

According to Allen’s attorneys, one of these reported “confessions” includes Allen telling an inmate that he molested Abby and Libby before shooting them in the back. The attorneys point out how this isn’t supported by the autopsy of the victims; the girls’ cause of death being related to a “sharp object”, not gunshot wounds.
Allen also reportedly expressed sorrow to another inmate over “molesting Abby, Libby and others which he specifically named.” Again the attorneys pointed out the alleged falsities of this “confession” by stating the autopsy of the girls was “absence of any evidence” that either of the girls were sexually assaulted near or before their deaths.
If Special Judge Fran Gull approves the motion to suppress, any so-called confessions made by Allen during his time in prison would not be able to be presented as evidence during his trial.
My Lord. I had already read this but going through it again where I hadn't let it really do a thing as it is so typical, I come to a few more things but safem I had so far which I really haven't given much thought to and still haven't.

Firist thing is, do I dare make a joke in here with all the intense feelings this case is causing? Alcohol is a depressant and without it in prison his depression should have lifted. Lol. Not funny I know.

On that note however there has NEVER been mention of this before and depression is certainly not psychosis or insanity. Let's get real.

I should keep rereading it every day or few hours as I will see more and already have with much as it is so defense typical.

They are doing what they tried to do with the mental health and tings that caused things due to his treatment. They are trying that in her but doing the same thing on something "new" as claims. They want and have tried to do he mental health or his incareration causing things but never wanted to back it up o show it by providing the records, they fought such.

And here what do we have? ADDITIONAL confessions that don't fit the facts that they now want ALL confessions suppressed over but providing no evidence far as I can tell of these purported other confessions that don't fit the facts? Right? Is that right?

Just like the med records right? Hey he confessed clearly wrongly to wrong facts so he couldn't have done it, to some prisoner and now you need to suppress all confessions because of this and his mental health but no, we can't provide them as we don't want them seen because none should be seen nor heard nor can we prove they exist.

I will BET dollars to donuts these additional ones that would help show "psychosis" (give me a break) and facts that he actually did so either COME AFTER he confessed to wife and mom OR there will be no confirmation of it rather than some prisoner or person saying so.

That's my bet.

It is to the point all is so obvious when it comes to the defense attys. I just tire and can't look any more but once a moment to face more of the b.s. yeah, it clears or starts to.

Huh?

And their proof of these other confessions are what? And when by the way? After he wished he hadn't confessed to his wife?

I'm not conviced there were no sexual assaults and never have been. Of one, both or not even touching one. I see SA as a lot of things that would constitute it and that would include making the girls do something.

There is nothing in this to prove what they are saying he said nor the time frame nor behavior.

I'm surprised you are thinking this or are you being tongue In cheek? A bit of sarcasm? Lol.

A bona fide mental health condition, are they talking depression?

And yes if that's the case they should have went for insanity and not fought release of his records to document it, save him, etc. Nope. They fought such. Want to claim things but never support or prove.

I think I am tired overwhelmed and haven't done anything I need to and get off here because I think I am missing that you are likely being a bit tongue in cheek...?

Yeah, this is why I want to know when people said it and how does it line up with the evidence.
And if there is any proof or evidence he said it and when. I'm sorry but it is what is becoming a very typical defense filing from this defense at least. It even makes me wonder about something else for rumors and knowing they are the ones that have gotten so much leaked and innuendo etc. by certain YTers and SM pages.... I won't mention it now but anyone who is thinking on confesssions will pick up on what I mean... Laying the foundation. Earlier... Seemingly of course not from them. No. No way.

Huh?

And their proof of these other confessions are what? And when by the way? After he wished he hadn't confessed to his wife
I'm not conviced there were no sexual assaults and never have been. Of one, both or mnot even touching one. I see SA as a lot of things that would constitute it and that would include making the girls do something.

There is nothing in this to prove what they are saying he said nor the time frame nor behavior.

I'm surprised you are thinking this or are you being tongue In cheek? A bit of sarcasm? Lol.

A bona fide mental health condition, are they talking depression?

And yes if that's the case they should have went for insanity and not fought release of his records to document it, save him, etc. Nope. They fought such. Want to claim things but never support or prove.

I think I am tired overwhelmed and haven't done anything I need to and get off here because I think I am missing that you are likely being a bit tongue in cheek...?
I am just reporting what they said in inverted commas. I'm in disbelief really at what is coming out. I too am not convinced there was no SA.

Apparently his attorney is going to take a deposition from an inmate this coming week about one of his confessions.

I am just reporting what they said in inverted commas. I'm in disbelief really at what is coming out. I too am not convinced there was no SA.

Apparently his attorney is going to take a deposition from an inmate this coming week about one of his confessions.
I kind of got that after thinking about it but it came across at first as your opinion lol.

I am pretty convinced this was sexual and if not actually occurring was intended to be.

Watch this be the same inmate who wrote the letter. If so, it is out the window for me as true. And if they have to take a depo then there is no proof of any such thing. I figured as much.

I kind of got that after thinking about it but it came across at first as your opinion lol.

I am pretty convinced this was sexual and if not actually occurring was intended to be.

Watch this be the same inmate who wrote the letter. If so, it is out the window for me as true. And if they have to take a depo then there is no proof of any such thing. I figured as much.
Do you remember that inmate's name? This one is called Jesse James. Couldn"t make it up.

So I am trying to work out where or how this defence is leading to his innocence? ATM I cannot see where it is leading at all.

Do you remember that inmate's name? This one is called Jesse James. Couldn"t make it up.

So I am trying to work out where or how this defence is leading to his innocence? ATM I cannot see where it is leading at all.
OMG can't make this stuff up. Jesse James? No I don't recall other name, one would think if Jesse James I would. I know he was known for doing such things. Regardless of what inmate if they have to depose I don't buy it unless they have more.

I don't see where they are going either. What they ARE doing is still trying to get the warrant and all procured from it thrown out and now his confessions. What I also see is NONE of it has any substance. This one even more so than the Franks b.s.

So what happened? RA says I will give you $5 in commissary money my wife gives me if you say I confessed and said this to you, inmate or RA tells defense and defense says oh my let us depose you and file this. Or did defense do it. Lol.

So far I am thinking it is lies. From someone.... It's anyone's guess by who with this bunch...

OMG can't make this stuff up. Jesse James? No I don't recall other name, one would think if Jesse James I would. I know he was known for doing such things. Regardless of what inmate if they have to depose I don't buy it unless they have more.

I don't see where they are going either. What they ARE doing is still trying to get the warrant and all procured from it thrown out and now his confessions. What I also see is NONE of it has any substance. This one even more so than the Franks b.s.

So what happened? RA says I will give you $5 in commissary money my wife gives me if you say I confessed and said this to you, inmate or RA tells defense and defense says oh my let us depose you and file this. Or did defense do it. Lol.

So far I am thinking it is lies. From someone.... It's anyone's guess by who with this bunch...
There was a fugitive. "Jesse James Hollywood".

Guessy did. Not Cuz.
Oh my. I guess my go to assumption to blame is emu. Lol. Did she borrow her to roll eyes at emu though? I got emu from somewhere. In fast and tired trying to keep on.

Is it okay if she borrowed her to roll eyes at emu? Or does she just owe you some rent for the use? Lol.

Up to you. It's not okay unless you say it is . Let me know. :)

At least it wasn't Blue. Or cake. Those are on the emu right?

From above link -

13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)

Richard-Allen.jpg

Left: Richard Allen a year or two before his arrest: Right: Richard Allen on April 4, 2023

OH FFS!!!! MENTAL HEALTH. Depression most of his adult life. TEENAGER!!!! AND MORE!!!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS SH*T!!!! EXCUSES!!! POOR YOU!!!! I'LL STAND UP AGAINST THIS CRAP ANY DAY!!! Medication?. Counceling?. OH!!!!! TRY ANYTHING?!!! OHHH O.K.

I recall and know the name. Not the details though. ARe you saying that is this one or just that others have used the name?
Noooo....Different. He was a drug dealer, Mastermind in kidnapping and murder of the brother of a guy who owed him money. Movie "Alpha Dog" Is based on the case. I have watched it several times. Good movie. It's strange. They kept him alive several days. Drugs, Girls. Made him think they were his friends. He's serving LWOP. California.

Sense. Most likely, most proven far enough, with enough, without you having some wild doubt or conviction that it has to be someone else, etc.? Or is wrong and still has to include RL and Os. I am going to hold you to that emu.
Nothing has been proven yet. The defense has raised some legitimate questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom