LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I wonder why the D wanted so desperately to stay on the case that they would even do it for nothing?

Also, it has now been stated that prisoners were acting as guards for a lot of the time at Westville, so the "Odin" guards would not have been there continuously, presumably. This greatly dilutes any prior possibility he was treated badly by Odinist guards. Hopefully the details on all that will be shared in court at some point, along with his numerous confessions.

AJMO

Ok, I forgot that Diener probably appointed them - then recused himself, which is also odd. Then the sh!t with the leaks and them offering pro bono and then standing down and wanting back in. What a total fiasco it has been.
If you're talking about D, Gull appointed them.

If you're talking about D, Gull appointed them.
Yeah I looked back and saw that the ISC put Gull in place when Diener recused himself. He did make the decision to put RA in Westville though.

I am also reminding myself that RA wrote from White County Jail on Nov 4th asking for a public defender, so Diener was actually still in place then but he recused himself after making the decision to send RA to Westville.

Last edited:
So he confessed 24 times ?
(To 16 guards and 8 inmates?)

Allen's trial is supposed to begin May 13, and it is scheduled to run through the month. Jury selection will be in Fort Wayne, and after the jury is empaneled, they will hear the evidence and deliberate Allen's fate in Delphi.

McLeland also filed a response Tuesday asking Gull to deny

Allen's motion to suppress statements about killing the girls

that he made while in pretrial detention in solitary confinement in a maximum-security prison.

In Allen's April 11 motion to suppress his statements, Allen's attorneys allege that being kept in isolation in a maximum security prison and taunted by prisoners and guards alike amounts to coercion by the state. Therefore, any statement he might have made was under pressure from threats.

McLeland's response is that Allen admitted to killing Libby and Abby to eight inmates and 16 guards standing suicide watch at Allen's cell door and are voluntary statements that were "not induced by violence, threats, or other improper influences that overcame the defendant's free will." Therefore, McLeland believes jurors should be allowed to hear that evidence.

McLeland also argues that using Allen's statements does not violate his constitutional rights since he was not being questioned by law enforcement officials when he made the statements.

Gull has not ruled on Allen's motion.

Last edited:
So he confessed 24 times ?
(To 16 guards and 8 inmates?)

Allen's trial is supposed to begin May 13, and it is scheduled to run through the month. Jury selection will be in Fort Wayne, and after the jury is empaneled, they will hear the evidence and deliberate Allen's fate in Delphi.

McLeland also filed a response Tuesday asking Gull to deny

Allen's motion to suppress statements about killing the girls

that he made while in pretrial detention in solitary confinement in a maximum-security prison.

In Allen's April 11 motion to suppress his statements, Allen's attorneys allege that being kept in isolation in a maximum security prison and taunted by prisoners and guards alike amounts to coercion by the state. Therefore, any statement he might have made was under pressure from threats.

McLeland's response is that Allen admitted to killing Libby and Abby to eight inmates and 16 guards standing suicide watch at Allen's cell door and are voluntary statements that were "not induced by violence, threats, or other improper influences that overcame the defendant's free will." Therefore, McLeland believes jurors should be allowed to hear that evidence.

McLeland also argues that using Allen's statements does not violate his constitutional rights since he was not being questioned by law enforcement officials when he made the statements.

Gull has not ruled on Allen's motion.
INTERESTING. Behind in here but saw this new one. May never catch up with going back but not the end of the world and wasn't way behind pretty sure.

16 and 8?!!

We are what, two and one half weeks abouti from trial or thereabouts? More should start surfacing in responses as is the case here. Sorry to say anything new the defense files hardly makes a blip on my radar any longer, all is to be expected and hardly anything staggering or momentous. I do however wait prosecutors' responses and motions if any and decisions by the judge as well and what is in them.

Also interesting on Click. Quite in fact. I'm fair, no proof--yet...

Is iGull going to do a last minute bunch of decisions or even hearing or what will happen here...

I'd also add that with 16 guards confessed to it sure doesn't sound to me like just two Odinist guards were always the ones watching him or in control of him. Similar with eight inmates. Unless every single one is bad and coerced, I think coercion by guards or situation a real stretch of an allegation/claim.

From the article:

Click's investigation included three people whom Allen's attorneys, Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi, suggested in a 136-page memorandum filed in September 2023 might be involved in the killings. The three people live in the Rush County area, about two hours southeast of Delphi.

One of those men told his sister he was there and described particular
details about the crime scene that had not been released to the public, according to the memorandum.

Well, we'll find out if all of that is true when they play the video of the interviews. OOOHHHHH!!! They recorded over them!! Eh, they weren't important.

As for the confessions, the one where he told a prisoner he shot the girls will be really hard for him to explain, I mean the prisoner.

If the prosecutor finds that Click lied in a trial about evidence before, it could release all of the prisoners, he testified against after that.

There is a newish gag order on the case, which I mentioned upthread, and Judge Gull is dismissing media requests for cameras. Here are the links.

Last edited:
Maybe the court will do the broadcasting of the trial themselves, like with Chad Daybell's trial in Delphi?

Otherwise we will have to follow journo live tweets, I guess.

Maybe the court will do the broadcasting of the trial themselves, like with Chad Daybell's trial in Delphi?

I wondered about that. Gull had her Allen County court on the pilot program. Not sure if this being a Carroll County case will affect that.

From the article:

Click's investigation included three people whom Allen's attorneys, Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi, suggested in a 136-page memorandum filed in September 2023 might be involved in the killings. The three people live in the Rush County area, about two hours southeast of Delphi.

One of those men told his sister he was there and described particular
details about the crime scene that had not been released to the public, according to the memorandum.

Well, we'll find out if all of that is true when they play the video of the interviews. OOOHHHHH!!! They recorded over them!! Eh, they weren't important.

As for the confessions, the one where he told a prisoner he shot the girls will be really hard for him to explain, I mean the prisoner.

If the prosecutor finds that Click lied in a trial about evidence before, it could release all of the prisoners, he testified against after that.
Hard for the prisoner to explain?? Lost me? Long 24 hours, HE77 long far more than that.

Something apparently is known about Click and it seems they are looking to impeach him.

This trial is now just 17 days away, about 2.5 weeks.

There is a newish gag order on the case, which I mentioned upthread, and Judge Gull is dismissing media requests for cameras. Here are the links.

Haven't read the second one yet but News Nation first of all and on one sided article there ha ha. The reminder that Gull appointed these two though they may have all meant one way along with Hennessy but imo that is a point that shows she had no reason to not think them capable.

I find Hennessy a bit ridiculous. Has he been around to see the leaks and the changing stories? Or he just ignores everything else? And News Nation sure seems to as well in this one. Not surprised.

AS to the other one it sounds like NO cameras or audio, it doesn't say no media cameras or audio and if she is only using a court reporter, where I haven't found enough reason to throw her under the bus with anything else, I have said it before, she will be on my sh*t list over that. There is NO excuse these days for not having proof and reoording of some type. BESIDES a Court reporter of the COURT. I don't care what IN guidelines are I don't think such is PROHIBITED is IT?

And that article is right. IF she allows NONE, even court recording audiot or by camera, people may well descend on the courtroom. I worry that NO ONE WILL COVER IT or TWEET and some YTers are probablly not going to touch it with a ten foot pole since they are a part of some things with the defense, SOME, but I believe if absolutely no coverage, some people not sure who will definitely attend. I don't even mean live coverage, I mean ANY.

I disagreee entirely of NO recording of this trial of some type. IF there was ever a case of national and worldwide interest that needs transparency it is THIS ONE.

I wondered about that. Gull had her Allen County court on the pilot program. Not sure if this being a Carroll County case will affect that.
Why should it? Something about IN rules, laws or procedures?

Seriously asking. She is the one that was for such as she not?

Gull seems to have granted Nick's motion for Todd Click's employment records.

04/25/2024Order Granting Request for Subpoena Duces Tecum
Rushville Police Department
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR