LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
AS to the other one it sounds like NO cameras or audio, it doesn't say no media cameras or audio and if she is only using a court reporter, where I haven't found enough reason to throw her under the bus with anything else, I have said it before, she will be on my sh*t list over that. There is NO excuse these days for not having proof and reoording of some type. BESIDES a Court reporter of the COURT. I don't care what IN guidelines are I don't think such is PROHIBITED is IT?

And that article is right. IF she allows NONE, even court recording audiot or by camera, people may well descend on the courtroom. I worry that NO ONE WILL COVER IT or TWEET and some YTers are probablly not going to touch it with a ten foot pole since they are a part of some things with the defense, SOME, but I believe if absolutely no coverage, some people not sure who will definitely attend. I don't even mean live coverage, I mean ANY.

I disagreee entirely of NO recording of this trial of some type. IF there was ever a case of national and worldwide interest that needs transparency it is THIS ONE.
If she has said no cameras at all why is she refusing individual media requests? I haven't seen anything so far that says no coverage/cameras at all. ( I could have missed it though.)

Also I searched for the inmate witness - paroled on 3rd April 2024.

For jury selection, at least, Gull decides that there will be the required court audio recording ... for the record only ... and absolutely no one can have a copy of it EVER.

This is what's been expected from Gull (likely for the whole trial), but ... maybe we can still hold hope that this is just a jury selection rule. And Gull will alter the rules for Carroll County Trial Court (after Jury is seated).

Allen Court has 5 seats reserved for the legitimate Press, the Press should figure that out.
6 seats for victim's family, 6 seats for defendant's family. And a few other seats for public first come first serve. JMHO

Last edited:
If she has said no cameras at all why is she refusing individual media requests? I haven't seen anything so far that says no coverage/cameras at all. ( I could have missed it though.)

04/03/2024Order Denying
Defendant, a self-represented litigant, files Motion for Modification of Sentence. Record reviewed. Court observes that the Defendant was ordered to serve one (1) year in the Elkhart County Correctional Facility in this case, but Defendant's Motion indicates that he is on parole in a different case and no longer incarcerated. Due to the confusion of how the Defendant is not incarcerated serving the executed sentence in this case, the Court contacts the Elkhart County Correctional Facility and is informed that the Indiana Department of Correction released the Defendant on April 1, 2024, despite acknowledging that the Defendant still had a year to serve in this case. Court is further advised that the Defendant was instructed by an Indiana Department of Correction caseworker to immediately surrender himself to the Elkhart County Correctional Facility, and that the Defendant thereafter called and spoke with an employee at the Elkhart County Correctional Facility who similarly instructed the Defendant to surrender himself to the Elkhart County Correctional Facility. As of today's date, the Defendant has not surrendered himself. The Court has reviewed the Motion for Modification of Sentence and the State of Indiana's written objection thereto. The Court now DENIES the Motion for Modification of Sentence and issues a no bond warrant for the Defendant's arrest for the Defendant to serve the one (1) year executed commitment previously ordered. Pursuant to the credit time memorandum filed by the probation department, the Defendant has zero (0) days of credit. All per Order. MDitton/jdl
Judicial Officer:
Ditton, Eric - MAG
Noticed:
PATTON, LACY D. JR
Noticed:
State of Indiana
Noticed:
Elkhart County Sheriff's Department
Order Signed:
04/03/2024
04/03/2024Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest
Warrant ordered issued with no bond. Deft. to serve one (1) year in the county jail. Deft. has zero (0) days credit. MDitton/jdl
Judicial Officer:
Ditton, Eric - MAG

Order Signed:
04/03/202

State's Motion in Limine.pdf

One thing that caught my eye - the "exclude" list below.

BBM: Based on State's Motion in Limine filed today:
Note: Kegan Kline and Jerry Kline are evidently NOT part of the Prosecution's case;
State wants anything "Kline" referenced by the Defense to be ruled out.
All makes sense to me. I haven't excluded some type of Kline connection never but my very strong leaning is RA did this himself, all by his little lonesome self and by his own twisted evil hidden inside of just he himself.

State's Response to Defense's Motion to Suppress 2nd Interview:

Adobe Acrobat
Thanks I read all of this on lunch. I didn't have any problem reading this unlike defense stuff which I try but then boy.... Sorry.

Pretty much sums it up for me. With a ton of citations and why defense's citation isn't the best fit.

He went to the bathroom, etc., etc. and so much more. All of this I am sure is on vid (not of him in bathroom of course lol). I thought you or someone first said Kathy couldn't go in and then that she was in the car and never went in the station and here it references her? What gives with the falsehoods? Or whose are false?

I think defense is dead in the water on this unlikely attempt. Understandable why they made it in desperation but unlikely to go in their favor. And not because of bias but because now having heard from BOTH sides and weighing both, P wins out so long as the vid backs it up and I'm sure it does. Or would at least bet on it.

Thanks for linking it.

Good. I hope it gets approved. Does this mean Prosecution can mention them though?
I would doubt it although maybe in normal reference. Like it would be hard to try this case without it coming up who owned the property they were found on or who surrounding property owners were, etc. If approved, I'd say maybe RL if anyone just to do with that and as far as what he saw or did not see that day or notice. Which is nothing. Just a guess. Out as far as suspects or connected and so on. If approved. My guess only.

I just had a thought. Maybe he did try to shoot them in the back as they attempted to escape and the gun jammed so he used the knife. Then he racked the gun but couldn't find the bullet.
Anything is possible but I hedge my bets as these came after (although they may claim otherwise) and he started inserting false facts to make himself appear to be some serial confessor but didn't even know the cause of death or injuries to negate the impact of his other confessions to mom, wife, etc. I think that's more likely.

BUT he DID have a gun WITH and may well have used it more than we think...More than to intimidate... And control...

I don't take the camera thing as decided yet, at least not with a pool or court camera. Or audio either.

This doesn't say he was released on 04/03, it says that was earliest possible date. It also said it was updated on 04/29, TODAY. So I take it it has been corrected....???

For jury selection, at least, Gull decides that there will be the required court audio recording ... for the record only ... and absolutely no one can have a copy of it EVER.

This is what's been expected from Gull (likely for the whole trial), but ... maybe we can still hold hope that this is just a jury selection rule. And Gull will alter the rules for Carroll County Trial Court (after Jury is seated).

Allen Court has 5 seats reserved for the legitimate Press, the Press should figure that out.
6 seats for victim's family, 6 seats for defendant's family. And a few other seats for public first come first serve. JMHO
Well that is reserving seats for the media. If for some reason it doesn't fill or other media gets the general seating first then they are first come first serve imo. I dont' know why a ton of media would try for jury selection so long as all agree/share. Not even sure how many others would attend either that part EVEN with this high profile case. Now it's interesting with family that they are only reserving so many seats because we filled out whole side in our trial in a small courtroom, media found seats easily on "his" side which was largely empty depending on day, a few family, maybe a deputy as they were the empty seats, etc., we actually watched all jury selection from a viewing room connected to the courtroom.. NONE of us were in there, all seats were filled with prospective jurors.

My POINT is this is limited seating for family too, and this is definitely just for jury selection imo. Who belongs IN the room is the number of jurors brought into be advised, questioned, chose from. Again we weren't IN it we were in a connecting room watching it.

FWIW
Elkhart is having a bit of a prosecutor misconduct problem it seems. Interesting read. jmo

MSN
Okay easy enough to follow. Politics messing with justice which I say all the time. WTH does this IN political b.s. have to do with an inmate who had a confession from RA and was allegedly paroled mistakenly but nothing here shows that or any of it?? Not even that he was mistakenly paroled. I am pretty sure I've read every single one up to this one.

State's Motion in Limine.pdf

One thing that caught my eye - the "exclude" list below.

BBM: Based on State's Motion in Limine filed today:
Note: Kegan Kline and Jerry Kline are evidently NOT part of the Prosecution's case;
State wants anything "Kline" referenced by the Defense to be ruled out.
Their item # 7 regarding evidence. There really needs to be a hearing in this, in my opinion.

At least we can assume Kegan Kline was not involved.

I predict no hearings and approval or denial based on who submitted what.

ETA I wonder if they should wait to rule on Todd Click until his employment records arrive?

Last edited:
04/03/2024Order Denying
Defendant, a self-represented litigant, files Motion for Modification of Sentence. Record reviewed. Court observes that the Defendant was ordered to serve one (1) year in the Elkhart County Correctional Facility in this case, but Defendant's Motion indicates that he is on parole in a different case and no longer incarcerated. Due to the confusion of how the Defendant is not incarcerated serving the executed sentence in this case, the Court contacts the Elkhart County Correctional Facility and is informed that the Indiana Department of Correction released the Defendant on April 1, 2024, despite acknowledging that the Defendant still had a year to serve in this case. Court is further advised that the Defendant was instructed by an Indiana Department of Correction caseworker to immediately surrender himself to the Elkhart County Correctional Facility, and that the Defendant thereafter called and spoke with an employee at the Elkhart County Correctional Facility who similarly instructed the Defendant to surrender himself to the Elkhart County Correctional Facility. As of today's date, the Defendant has not surrendered himself. The Court has reviewed the Motion for Modification of Sentence and the State of Indiana's written objection thereto. The Court now DENIES the Motion for Modification of Sentence and issues a no bond warrant for the Defendant's arrest for the Defendant to serve the one (1) year executed commitment previously ordered. Pursuant to the credit time memorandum filed by the probation department, the Defendant has zero (0) days of credit. All per Order. MDitton/jdl
Judicial Officer:
Ditton, Eric - MAG
Noticed:
PATTON, LACY D. JR
Noticed:
State of Indiana
Noticed:
Elkhart County Sheriff's Department
Order Signed:
04/03/2024
04/03/2024Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest
Warrant ordered issued with no bond. Deft. to serve one (1) year in the county jail. Deft. has zero (0) days credit. MDitton/jdl
Judicial Officer:
Ditton, Eric - MAG

Order Signed:
04/03/202
Well I guess I should have read further first but still don't know what the "ignore this" was about.

So he was advised to turn self in but dind't but yet he called allegedly and spoke with an employie at Elkhart. Not sure I am buying their story. If he was going to stay AWOL why would HE call THEM? I hope they have these conversations recorded.

Either way, THIS is the witness for RA? Oh boy... Good luck.

What is going on down in that state? Not that it isn't going on in many. Maybe people will realize when it's too late. P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S. Just for one and interfering with JUSTICE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom