LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They filed a motion (today) asking for a pre trial conference to be set.
I'm going to agree here that these things should have already been set on the docket. IF things aren't truly scheduled already to do so. Yes decisions can be handed down on every motion or filing from both sides but generally parameters are set as to what can come in and can't and there are a few conferences or at least one before trial, sometimes right before but heck this is two weeks away and it sure the heck should be scheduled to at least hammer out the rules and last discussions and so on. I've seen it last minute don't get me wrong but it should have already been in the planning even if fluid.

So believe it or not, I actually agree if such isn't scheduled it should be.

I can't say that and not say though as if one side will go in and stick to what it is to be about but nevertheless...

So 188 witnesses total over 14 days is 13 or 14 per day. I agree that doesn't seem doable.

(The trial is scheduled for 6 days a week over 2 weeks and 2 days)

LISTEN LIVE
LOCAL

Delphi Defense Wants Pretrial Hearing, Claims Lack of Communication from Judge​

[
Delphi Judge Fran Gull

Source: Allen County Court / Screenshot of Allen County court hearing
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — The defense team for suspect Richard Allen say it’s time for all parties to get together and hash out some trial details.

In one of several motions filed Tuesday, attorneys Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi say they’re concerned Allen’s constitutional rights to a balanced trial are being infringed because of the current criminal trial schedule. As it stands now, opening statements will begin Friday, May 17th and the trial will continue to May 31st.
Proceedings will take place Monday through Saturday, approximately 9 a.m. to 5 or 6 o’clock in the evening each day.

Allen’s legal team say the State of Indiana plans to present around 118 witnesses and 93 exhibits. The defense has around 70 witnesses planned with more expected. The defense says two and a half weeks isn’t enough time for the defense or State to fully present their cases, and that the State could take up the entire two and a half weeks on their side alone.
more at link
Well there truly are some witnesses at times that are like five or ten minutes. I am wondering where the defense gets 70 and who they'd even be. I guess I can guess at that though since they can call in ones that both sides would etc.

Personally I almost never feel like any trial should need to go past two weeks and If they do it is overkill and calling everyone unnecessary BUT like in DAybell would be one I could see it. This one? There is ONE man, one day (two victims), no other crimes or participants as in Daybell, etc. Sure both sides could milk more than two weeks by calling every minor person who can say anything about anything but why? It SHOULD be enough time with the calendar she set with Saturdays although I would not doubt tactics will be to not make it enough time to call every Tom, Dick and Harry, or O.

What did either side say as to how much time they anticipated they'd need?

So far it is looking like this is going to go off on time but I still don't trust it. How can anyone?

So 188 witnesses total over 14 days is 13 or 14 per day. I agree that doesn't seem doable.

(The trial is scheduled for 6 days a week over 2 weeks and 2 days)

LISTEN LIVE
LOCAL

Delphi Defense Wants Pretrial Hearing, Claims Lack of Communication from Judge​

[
Delphi Judge Fran Gull

Source: Allen County Court / Screenshot of Allen County court hearing
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — The defense team for suspect Richard Allen say it’s time for all parties to get together and hash out some trial details.

In one of several motions filed Tuesday, attorneys Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi say they’re concerned Allen’s constitutional rights to a balanced trial are being infringed because of the current criminal trial schedule. As it stands now, opening statements will begin Friday, May 17th and the trial will continue to May 31st.
Proceedings will take place Monday through Saturday, approximately 9 a.m. to 5 or 6 o’clock in the evening each day.

Allen’s legal team say the State of Indiana plans to present around 118 witnesses and 93 exhibits. The defense has around 70 witnesses planned with more expected. The defense says two and a half weeks isn’t enough time for the defense or State to fully present their cases, and that the State could take up the entire two and a half weeks on their side alone.
more at link
Yeah in rereading this this is smoke imo. They are going an extra day and later beyond court hours each day. And also it sucks when courts and the system is so slow but the system or lawyers LIVE for that last minute get it done and stress which bites for a client.

And many aren't all that long. WAtch Daybell and some are released and some may be recalled.

So long as prosecution rest and defense has time where sh*t isn't stupid or redundant then it should be enough. Imo. I mean I guess she could always say okay now we need to go until 9 at night.

This poor unknown yet jury...

Ok so in the next two weeks sometime.

:thumb:

I think I should just give up trying to follow things today.
Tell me about it and I am following haphazardly. It isn't unusual in the final throes and motions etc. for all to kind of fly by the seat of their pants up to trial since anything seems to go, all go all out and is fluid. When I think on it and take a moment. The system will move as slow as a turtle or worse until those final hours when it really IS going to go or not and then all HE77 breaks loose and I even believe they thrive on it, some. Anything can put a last minute kink in or all can want it to go, etc. Settlements in even civil cases etc. go on the night before even if a holiday when all the last minute pressure is on.

This sh*t today and last night though is beyond for me. No clue, not sure I care the truth about Lacy. We shall see I guess. Or we won't. Trial will commence, or it won't. Etc., etc.

To me the D is still trying to delay while acting as if they aren't....Acting like ready to go but we won't have enough time and this and that... This is true last minute stuff. And also D attys and even prosecutors don't even feel the last minute is two weeks before, they still have tons of time. Seriously. That will all go on next week and into the final hour. Imo. IF they are going to game it.

As far as your last question, because he is subpoenaed if necessary. He may not say what wanted though unless one side or another delivers what he wants the way he is selling this possible sh*t and his story on the stand will fit who delivers the goods to him lol. Not saying he is doing that, don't know. Clear as mud.

No big surprise and no offense to those there but to me, in this state. I just can't even wrap my head around it all and the sh*t. I have a lot of people dear to me who live in the state. Don't think they follow crime though. One does but not this case. A dear friend. A favorite cousin.

Let's get this show on the road and I figure it may well be one big mess of a trial. What hasn't been in it since uhm...
It sounds like he bamboozled his way out of Westville when he shouldn't have because there was another sentence awaiting him in Elkhart county. Yet he was a trusted enough prisoner to be on suicide guard for RA?

It sounds like he bamboozled his way out of Westville when he shouldn't have because there was another sentence awaiting him in Elkhart county. Yet he was a trusted enough prisoner to be on suicide guard for RA?
Well I'm wondering if someone wanted him out, paid him by letting him out, and things along those lines.... Did not want him around. So forth...

On the other hand maybe all this was meant to be confusing and intentional.

Too tired for it.

At first glance, I see no reason to see him as anyone but some jailhouse lying snitch depending on who can help him best. And I mean whether he has a story he decides on the day he testifies for one side OR the other.

Well I'm wondering if someone wanted him out, paid him by letting him out, and things along those lines.... Did not want him around. So forth...

On the other hand maybe all this was meant to be confusing and intentional.

Too tired for it.

At first glance, I see no reason to see him as anyone but some jailhouse lying snitch depending on who can help him best. And I mean whether he has a story he decides on the day he testifies for one side OR the other.
You could be right. He was in Westville for "intimidation".

Worth watching or not?
Am I drawing a blank? Who is his "former" lead defense attorney? Are they talking B or R? He didn't have anyone prior did he or again am I drawing a blank? He wanted to get private counsel but hen told the judge he didn't realize how costly and couldn't.

As to talking to the girls' best friend (going by the description showing of the show with both of these remarks), that's exclusive but I doubt going to tell anything about the crimes or murders.

As to talking to a "former" lead attorney, was it B or R when removed from the case? If so, here we go again with the gag order. I guess it technically wouldn't maybe apply since "off" the case but here we go again and Court TV along with it no less. OR am I forgetting a "former" lead attorney for RA?

I need to say something about voices. Every single time I hear the voice when Allen is under arrest of "Richard Allen! You child murderer! Why did you do it?" I swear I know who that bystander is. I dont' know if I am right and the man follows crime and has been to Delphi but lives NOWHERE near IN. It is his voice to a T. No idea if I am right tas to who it is. It does show me though how recognizable a voice can be to someone and of course I don't "know" the man. This tells me a lot about how recognizable RA's voice will be to the video most likely and how even someone like his wife should have thought of him every time she heard it. IMHO.

I am rushing getting ready while having it on. So far no big moments. I expected Libby and ABby's friend to be a minor but of course she's not lol. What was I thinking?!

Been kind of basic but now @Tresir it is taking a lean imo to RA side. Go figure. Not the first time with Court TV, just like the O thing with them.

I did not want to give them a view or "watch'. Also I can't back it up which is irritating. No idea if my puter or their site. I could at first. Until ending up on their site.

Okay now it is balancing out again with people on Os saying this isn't what modern O/Paganism is/does and not even sure there were any such symbols.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom