LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For an arrest and case that no info was provided and all was sealed, there sure has been news. Just sharing for your own take or opinion on it. This station has been steady with it, I have posted several from them.

Interesting.

Wow. Not sure what all is going on here but Kelsi German has a petition out to keep things sealed.

My opinion isn't solid but that is because the limited info leaves a person with no idea if there is a right reason for it or not. I will say if the family knows what is in the sealed info and knows all, that is unusual. LE never even shares all with family generally. They share more but not all. They may not have and familty is just trusting there is a reason for it that is legitimate.

This case has been news, news, news tonight considering there isn't anything released from charging documents. The judge wants n part apparently.

What I will say is doing this is going to AMP and FUEL speculation. Secrecy isn't necessarily better.

I am not saying there isn't good reason but even if all were the best behaved meaning media, social media sites, etc., people who DO NOT think such a way will wonder more what the deal is if things are hidden. Secrecy breeds suspicion.

I was ready to wait for info but all this stuff today has me suspicious where just this morning I figured it was sealed because of a Kline deal and a ring of people and more charges coming...

I was okay with it but now I am wondering WTH is going on?

So does it help to seal? Not necessarily. Redactions I think work better. Honestly.

Wow. Not sure what all is going on here but Kelsi German has a petition out to keep things sealed.

My opinion isn't solid but that is because the limited info leaves a person with no idea if there is a right reason for it or not. I will say if the family knows what is in the sealed info and knows all, that is unusual. LE never even shares all with family generally. They share more but not all. They may not have and familty is just trusting there is a reason for it that is legitimate.

This case has been news, news, news tonight considering there isn't anything released from charging documents. The judge wants n part apparently.

What I will say is doing this is going to AMP and FUEL speculation. Secrecy isn't necessarily better.

I am not saying there isn't good reason but even if all were the best behaved meaning media, social media sites, etc., people who DO NOT think such a way will wonder more what the deal is if things are hidden. Secrecy breeds suspicion.

I was ready to wait for info but all this stuff today has me suspicious where just this morning I figured it was sealed because of a Kline deal and a ring of people and more charges coming...

I was okay with it but now I am wondering WTH is going on?

So does it help to seal? Not necessarily. Redactions I think work better. Honestly.

I agree. This case is very confusing. I still don't understand a motive. I'm glad they finally caught the S.O.B.

I wasn't thinking this before all this sh*t but this is what it does. Now I am wondering who that is important is connected to this ring. In Delphi. With power In neighboring towns In the state. In neighboring states and the nation. Of import and power.

I want to stress I don't believe that is the case and wasn't thinking that way until all this sh*t and it is this bullsh*t that starts those thoughts.

Makes me think of Murdaugh. Entirely different crimes but so many involved that were part of it.... That each and some have their cronies and an say hey you better not even think of naming me or charging me judge...

Again, I don't think this way just trying to say concealing brings more suspicion. So does judges stepping down and putting out things about danger to all working the case etc...

Talk about conspiracies it is like the judge thinks such.

I wasn't thinking this before all this sh*t but this is what it does. Now I am wondering who that is important is connected to this ring. In Delphi. With power In neighboring towns In the state. In neighboring states and the nation. Of import and power.

I want to stress I don't believe that is the case and wasn't thinking that way until all this sh*t and it is this bullsh*t that starts those thoughts.

Makes me think of Murdaugh. Entirely different crimes but so many involved that were part of it.... That each and some have their cronies and an say hey you better not even think of naming me or charging me judge...

Again, I don't think this way just trying to say concealing brings more suspicion. So does judges stepping down and putting out things about danger to all working the case etc...

Talk about conspiracies it is like the judge thinks such.
Yeah. I don't understand the secrecy.

Yeah. I don't understand the secrecy.
Especially if one finds out later it wasn't like some huge deal like trying to protect an undercover agent's identity or something and even then that is generally dealt with with redactions and is the D O J not little local courts I would think.

I have seen it used for no good reason imo. Colorado does it a lot. In Frazee was one. Protecting the rodeo queen (back in the day gf) with a sweet deal when she was part of it but she had connections and the supposed big name Denver lawyers as now Barry Morphew has in his case. Iris and Dru. Surprised they don't have a Dustie. I should probably shut up but from the average citizen opinion I have, they ain't great, what they are is CONNECTED. Or families are. Or favors have been done and are owed. Murdaugh entirely different case would be a great example.

I don't know WHAT is going on in this one but let's just think of Epstein.... And Murdaugh.... But these guys here are just nobodies. BUT a ring quite possibly. Underground child pedo ring and who is paying for these pics and stuff and films possibly?

Again, I don't tend towards anything like that normally but when stuff is sealed and now judges are SKEERED and step down.... Well....?

@GrandmaBear posted this video above. It can only be watched on YouTube. It has the dumbest answer to explain the two different pictures. :rolleyes:

Yeah it isn't the clearest answer that's for sure. He answered similarly through the years with questions of the sketches and of DNA too. Clear as mud, no real great explanation. I like Carter but that always irritated me. All I can figure is he can't give the real reasons so it is obvious he is sidestepping and not very well.

Is it possible the defendant pushed them towards the new sketch? Maybe they didn't put it together it was him and had to put it out in case he was right? It is said he went in as a "witness" early on in the case but no idea if that was immediately or a year or two in...?

They've appointed a special judge out of Allen County which is Fort Wayne, IN. She appears to be qualified.

We really have no idea why the judge recused himself.
True but right before we got that news he was going on about danger and fear for himself and his family.

The most common reason for recusal I know of is because you know the defendant personally, etc. Or are related. Things like that.

If I had to guess though it is he doesn't want the stress of the case, the time it will consume or the criticism it will bring or he may face.

Judges in other high profile cases are certainly being criticized and I am not innocent of that myself. I am not enamored with the Morphew judge nor the Daybell judge. Nor are many others. The Stauch case even too.

Honestly I don't know the experience levels but I do think in such high profile cases and/or complicated ones they should appoint someone with vast experience in such and consider that with prosecutors as well.

It certainly makes one wonder though like that child case where the entire county's worth of judges recused themselves. We don't know the answer for that one either as to why.

I was just coming to post that the judge Benjamin Diener has recused himself as being afraid of retribution but I see you are already on it.

The judge seems to be blaming the public's bloodlust for information. I think this is unfair and the public has a right to know what happened so they can keep their children safe. I would want to know everything so that rumours could be squashed. Why would he be scared regarding retribution on his family, if the supposed perpetrator is behind bars with no bond?

"A Carroll County judge who’d cited the “public’s blood lust for information” in the Delphi murders case has recused himself from the case, the Indiana Supreme Court said Thursday.

Carroll Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Diener’s recusal came the same day he’d approved a request from Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby to transfer Richard Allen, the suspect in the 2017 Delphi murders of two girls, to the Indiana Department of Corrections.

Abigail “Abby” Williams and LIberty “Libby” German were last seen on the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017. They had been dropped off near the Monon High Bridge near Delphi. The next day, Carroll County Sheriff’s Office announced that it was looking for the girls. A command post was set up and the community worked to locate the girls. Their bodies were located around 12:15 p.m. that day.

Kathryn Dolan, chief public information officer for the Indiana Supreme Court, said in a Thursday email to the news media that judges do not “not have to explain a reason for recusal.”

In the order to move Allen to a state prison, Diener wrote, “This FINDING is not predicated on any acts or alleged acts of the Defendant, since arrest, rather a toxic and harmful insistence on ‘public information’ about Defendant and this case.”

Diener also wrote about YouTube creators posting videos about him.

“While this officer is responsible for the entirety of the Circuit Court docket it attempts to ignore the maelstrom of ‘interest’ from the public, it is known that YouTube already hosts content regarding family members of this judicial officer, including photos,” Diener wrote. “The public’s blood lust for information, before it exists, is extremely dangerous. ALL PUBLIC SERVANTS administering this action do not feel safe and are not protected.”

As a result of Diener dropping the case, the Indiana Supreme Court will appoint a special judge.

Dolan said the Indiana Supreme Court has appointed Frances C. “Fran” Gull, criminal division administrative judge in Allen County, to hear the case of Allen’s murder charge."

Last edited:
I guess we should be glad he recused. He isn't the right type to handle such a case clearly. The courts and officers and personnel are I think in many cases out of step with the times anyhow. Most are still learning how to navigate Webex and Zoom and many don't like the fact the public has a right to know and were far more used to it being harder for the public to attend, get documents and information and were able to operate in far more obscurity even though the right to public information has always been a thing.

Yeah it isn't the clearest answer that's for sure. He answered similarly through the years with questions of the sketches and of DNA too. Clear as mud, no real great explanation. I like Carter but that always irritated me. All I can figure is he can't give the real reasons so it is obvious he is sidestepping and not very well.

Is it possible the defendant pushed them towards the new sketch? Maybe they didn't put it together it was him and had to put it out in case he was right? It is said he went in as a "witness" early on in the case but no idea if that was immediately or a year or two in...?

I think it's dumbassery they don't want to admit.

I think it's dumbassery they don't want to admit.
Yeah that thought crosses my mind as well.

I don't get much time as I keep saying ad nauseum but this YT channel I have watched several of here and there and I am really liking this one. She is easy to listen to, she brings it all and does the research, she will show things from places like Reddit or 4chan but with the caution of taking it with a grain of salt, etc. She walks the line perfectly imo, meaning it isn't dull and dry by any means but she also doesn't sensationalize and puts real work and very interesting things in. I like to listen to her and she has a good take on most things.

Her recent ones are ALL good and I highly recommend. I haven't finished this one yet and am just hitting a very interesting point where the scanner is being played from Feb 15, 2017 of the finding of undergarment and cig butt. The cig butt is no more than a couple days old...

Which brings the thought to me that I will bet dollars to donuts RA changed his cigarette brand at some point after the murder OR explained being there due to the cig butt being his brand... Quite possibly.

Anyhow, highly recommend her very interesting well researched recent videos with great takes and opinions on everything going on. She also has links to all of the case etc. and its history.

Last edited:
Yeah that thought crosses my mind as well.

I don't get much time as I keep saying ad nauseum but this YT channel I have watched several of here and there and I am really liking this one. She is easy to listen to, she brings it all and does the research, she will show things from places like Reddit or 4chan but with the caution of taking it with a grain of salt, etc. She walks the line perfectly imo, meaning it isn't dull and dry by any means but she also doesn't sensationalize and puts real work and very interesting things in. I like to listen to her and she has a good take on most things.

Her recent ones are ALL good and I highly recommend. I haven't finished this one yet and am just hinting a very interesting point where the scanner is being played from Feb 15, 2017 of the finding of undergarment and cig butt. The cig butt is no more than a couple days old...

Which brings the thought to me that I will bet dollars to donuts RA changed his cigarette brand at some point after the murder OR explained being there due to the cig butt being his brand... Quite possibly.

Anyhow, highly recommend her very interesting well researched recent videos with great takes and opinions on everything going on. She also has links to all of the case etc. and its history.

Or maybe they got DNA off the cigarette butt. Doesn't matter the brand of cigarette if your DNA is on it, you're smoked. :)

Or maybe they got DNA off the cigarette butt. Doesn't matter the brand of cigarette if your DNA is on it, you're smoked. :)
Well a lot of people said and are saying maybe DNA from cig but I said and thought the person can claim he dropped it there at any point in time but this actually said the cop said it was no more than a couple of days old. Not sure how he knew that exactly...

I also think more along the lines of maybe it did match RA and they brought him in back when and that's when he said yeah I was there and I saw the guy... Or maybe not... I mean they wouldn't have had his DNA to match so probably not but the brand may have tipped them off to at least question him...

In a recent video (I probably knew this but forgot) on another topic entirely, it said Kline actually googled the Delphi Marathon gas station the morning of the killing...

These two guys just have to be connected or at least were both after these girls and one knew of the other at minimum... I think it is even more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom