LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point about bringing him some clothes. His wife and mother were there so could have brought them. Rozzi was complaining he couldnt have time with his client without the guards present and the court bailiff offered his office but Rozzi didn't take him up on it.

The GFM is due to end tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if they extend it.

I am very impressed with the post mortem evidence and the phone evidence coming up in the Daybell case. I think technology will be similar here as the times were close ie 2017 versus 2019.

I know they aren't asking the ISC but my point is she is there with full approval of the ISC anyway so she clearly is not going to recuse herself. Why should she? It is R&B f'ing things up IMO. That's why R was so mad at the hearing. They haven't got a defense IMO. Who are they going to be calling? Ghostbusters?

ETA His eyes? They look the same - evil and manic.
Mime. I just read your Reddit and saw that Rozzi had the opportunity but it called his bluff if you ask me.

Oh my guess is they will extend the GFM. Maybe part of their motive. Money is coming in now...

Chad is history imo in Daybell and I think short of a juror that can't do it, he will also get the DP big time. I HOPE they have availed themselves of the same kind of tech experts here in this case as in Daybell and LISK, etc.

Agree, they have no defense. Imo their own client, themselves contributing and evidence has them up against a wall. Ghostbusters wouldn't even cut it. Lol. They are getting I am sure upset from him, his family, etc. and that's what we don't hear. Where WERE they when RA read the papers they sent him and throughout early on? Whining it was too far of a drive etc. when they finally did or said ANYTHING. ANd that probably came about because family was asking them WTH and when are you going to talk to him or us and so on. That's my opinion. I've seen similar things and I think it is exactly what happened here. THEY FAILED their client and know it and ever since have been in desperate makeup mode to not have that found out.

Yeah I would even worry about the recusal thing. He was mad and trying to bluff again that things are unfair due t the judge and new things now so did another request. Funny thing is with those it is judge themselves that approve or deny. It isn't like she's Rick Allen's ex wife who hates him to no end or a sister of the Pattys. That is recusal kind of stuff. Just so no one gets mixed up RA has no ex-wife just giving examples of where maybe clear bias or conflict may exist.

Yes his eyes. I agree, evil and manic. I don't think most feel guilty but remember he confessed many a time. I think I see a bit of haunted... Because found out, because caught and because he wanted to be the best, and also is dealing with the fall out with mom, daughter and wife, etc., not that I think he cares, but he didn't make it past his possibly first one (murder, double murder, and he wanted to be prolific and best) and maybe not his first... They are blank also like many evil murderers though at the same time. All just my opinion.

Why the scruffy facial hair...

I don't know. Just thoughts and opinions.

Yes it was said somewhere in this last week or a filing. Don't recall where. I think 70. Or 50 to 70? Something like that. I think 70 and I recall thinking uhm WHO to make that many?
I thought it was 45 but I can't remember where I saw it either.
Oh and that NM won't talk to him over phone, wants a paper trail. UHM WHO CAN BLAME HIM and WHY SHOULD THERE NOT BE ONE? Leakers, game players, unethical arses. And yelling that prosecution wants incriminating statements RA made? Uhm why wouldn't they?
Did you also read in there that the location of RA was leaked? Not sure who/how that leaked.

Mime. I just read your Reddit and saw that Rozzi had the opportunity but it called his bluff if you ask me.

Oh my guess is they will extend the GFM. Maybe part of their motive. Money is coming in now...

Chad is history imo in Daybell and I think short of a juror that can't do it, he will also get the DP big time. I HOPE they have availed themselves of the same kind of tech experts here in this case as in Daybell and LISK, etc.

Agree, they have no defense. Imo their own client, themselves contributing and evidence has them up against a wall. Ghostbusters wouldn't even cut it. Lol. They are getting I am sure upset from him, his family, etc. and that's what we don't hear. Where WERE they when RA read the papers they sent him and throughout early on? Whining it was too far of a drive etc. when they finally did or said ANYTHING. ANd that probably came about because family was asking them WTH and when are you going to talk to him or us and so on. That's my opinion. I've seen similar things and I think it is exactly what happened here. THEY FAILED their client and know it and ever since have been in desperate makeup mode to not have that found out.

Yeah I would even worry about the recusal thing. He was mad and trying to bluff again that things are unfair due t the judge and new things now so did another request. Funny thing is with those it is judge themselves that approve or deny. It isn't like she's Rick Allen's ex wife who hates him to no end or a sister of the Pattys. That is recusal kind of stuff. Just so no one gets mixed up RA has no ex-wife just giving examples of where maybe clear bias or conflict may exist.

Yes his eyes. I agree, evil and manic. I don't think most feel guilty but remember he confessed many a time. I think I see a bit of haunted... Because found out, because caught and because he wanted to be the best, and also is dealing with the fall out with mom, daughter and wife, etc., not that I think he cares, but he didn't make it past his possibly first one (murder, double murder, and he wanted to be prolific and best) and maybe not his first... They are blank also like many evil murderers though at the same time. All just my opinion.

Why the scruffy facial hair...

I don't know. Just thoughts and opinions.
Probably not allowed razor blades. He's on suicide watch.

Probably not allowed razor blades. He's on suicide watch.
Maybe but a barber or whoever can't be brought in or prison or jail people to do such or a barber? Chad certainly had Prior's barber in imo, they look identical in hairdos. Of course never once had Chad or his attorney pulled a mental health thing with Chad.

I know HE wouldn't be allowed razor blades. No prisoner would imo. Lol.

So 188 witnesses total over 14 days is 13 or 14 per day. I agree that doesn't seem doable.

(The trial is scheduled for 6 days a week over 2 weeks and 2 days)

LISTEN LIVE
LOCAL

Delphi Defense Wants Pretrial Hearing, Claims Lack of Communication from Judge​

[
Delphi Judge Fran Gull

Source: Allen County Court / Screenshot of Allen County court hearing
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — The defense team for suspect Richard Allen say it’s time for all parties to get together and hash out some trial details.

In one of several motions filed Tuesday, attorneys Andrew Baldwin and Brad Rozzi say they’re concerned Allen’s constitutional rights to a balanced trial are being infringed because of the current criminal trial schedule. As it stands now, opening statements will begin Friday, May 17th and the trial will continue to May 31st.
Proceedings will take place Monday through Saturday, approximately 9 a.m. to 5 or 6 o’clock in the evening each day.

Allen’s legal team say the State of Indiana plans to present around 118 witnesses and 93 exhibits. The defense has around 70 witnesses planned with more expected. The defense says two and a half weeks isn’t enough time for the defense or State to fully present their cases, and that the State could take up the entire two and a half weeks on their side alone.
more at link
Bringing forward this estimate of witnesses 118 P plus 70 D so 188. 10 per day would be nearly three weeks at 6 days per week.

Daybell is on Day 19 already. I wondered how many witnesses they have had? Must be 7 to 10 a day so far and we are still on P witnesses.

Last edited:
Maybe but a barber or whoever can't be brought in or prison or jail people to do such or a barber? Chad certainly had Prior's barber in imo, they look identical in hairdos. Of course never once had Chad or his attorney pulled a mental health thing with Chad.

I know HE wouldn't be allowed razor blades. No prisoner would imo. Lol.
Yep and LISK had a new haircut and a suit too so hopefully they can do the same for RA when the trial does eventually begin.

Mind you, I really think he could plead guilty once all the confession info comes out. D are desperate to suppress it but I don't see how that will work.

Did you also read in there that the location of RA was leaked? Not sure who/how that leaked.
YES I read that. A lot to comment on, and couldn't on all and stuffed in a lot today but also have a lot going on of my own. And considering who is NOT too happy about it, an educated guess as to who leaked would be.................

Bringing forward this estimate of witnesses 118 P plus 70 D so 188. 10 per day would be nearly three weeks at 6 days per week.

Daybell is on Day 19 already. I wondered how many witnesses they have had? Must be 7 to 10 a day so far and we are still on P witnesses.
Yeah I thought I read or heard 70. Probably on Tom's in some filing. That's what I watch for the most part, if it wasn't here it was in filings.

Some witnesses in many cases are like ten minutes tops, they have just one fact or so. Also both sides always list three times as many as they ever call.

Daybell is unique though. The trial is for THREE murders and with co-conspirator/s. And Prior WILL put on a defense and has not yelled or argued once for how much time with the time planned for the trial. Not sure what the issue is in this one or how IN does it.

In ours, I recall it clearly, the attorneys were asked how long they thought and both also talked to each other (honestly as a victim family member I hated knowing prosecution and defense EVER talked) and they gave an estimate and judge went with a week. Which is ALL most that aren't someone on overkill should need imo. Other than overly complicated cases like Daybell. Both were fine with it and no limits were set at how long prosecution had vs. defense as they are professionals and weren't playing games. Maybe someone more expert can weigh in on how such is decided in IN?

Imo she added Saturdays to make it more time and imo she was probably going by what initially told by both sides, etc. or why add Saturdays?

I think we are seeing as usual a lot of smoke by defense.

Daybell as I said and you know is unique AND may end before even but I think it also lays groundwork for further cases perhaps... Don't see any of that in Delphi. Daybell already has THREE and multiple murders in each. And coconspirators and if that can be done in time allotted, Delphi can certainly be done in two weeks and now they have a month. But then we have a defense who doesn't know how to focus and isn't known for brevity. Kind of like me. I admit it lol. But I also did not go and become a lawyer, I know my faults lol.

Yep and LISK had a new haircut and a suit too so hopefully they can do the same for RA when the trial does eventually begin.

Mind you, I really think he could plead guilty once all the confession info comes out. D are desperate to suppress it but I don't see how that will work.
I had the thought today that that may be where it is at. Trying to push things to he point of just pleading and making a deal. Have to look good though. I think the evidence is there and they yes as is their client desperate to suppress EVERYTHING.

If RA isn't cleaned up and dressed for trial that's on the defense to not request such and such is normal in most areas. IF it takes request and Gull denied such, I would disagree with her in that one. Even in Letecia Stauch normal dress was allowed although in some cases they are shackled to the floor and they try to make it not obvious but security does matter. It is done outside jury presence but you can kind of tell in some cases. She was a flight and attack risk, had tried before. Did so to herself but was still allowed civilian clothes at trial.

One thing about following more than one case over time is one can compare things. Things differ in states and such and times but like the cell phone stuff, seen a lot recently in some other big cases.

Agree on the confession stuff. In fact sometimes I think D is doing as much as they can to send off the rails to get him a deal or best possible in frustration.

I have such little doubt he is guilty. Can't know for sure of course but pretty solid on it.

Good point about bringing him some clothes. His wife and mother were there so could have brought them. Rozzi was complaining he couldnt have time with his client without the guards present and the court bailiff offered his office but Rozzi didn't take him up on it.

The GFM is due to end tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if they extend it.

I am very impressed with the post mortem evidence and the phone evidence coming up in the Daybell case. I think technology will be similar here as the times were close ie 2017 versus 2019.

I know they aren't asking the ISC but my point is she is there with full approval of the ISC anyway so she clearly is not going to recuse herself. Why should she? It is R&B f'ing things up IMO. That's why R was so mad at the hearing. They haven't got a defense IMO. Who are they going to be calling? Ghostbusters?

ETA His eyes? They look the same - evil and manic.

The D is calling FBI Delphi investigation witnesses in support of their theory and in support of their geotech analysis. (Attny Auger is specially qualified to depose FBI ... and that's been going on, IMO.)

The D has made another recusal request. I am thinking the D will bring another original action to the ISC to remove Gull if she does not recuse herself. She pursued unfounded contempt hearings and has made many technical and decision choices against RA's interest in a fair trial. The record of her bias is much stronger than in October.

JMHO

The D is calling FBI Delphi investigation witnesses in support of their theory and in support of their geotech analysis. (Attny Auger is specially qualified to depose FBI ... and that's been going on, IMO.)

The D has made another recusal request. I am thinking the D will bring another original action to the ISC to remove Gull if she does not recuse herself. She pursued unfounded contempt hearings and has made many technical and decision choices against RA's interest in a fair trial. The record of her bias is much stronger than in October.

JMHO
Is there links for this. I see you put JMHO but there must be court dics for these. How can they go to the ISC when it was the ISC who chose her and kept her on unanimously when the D tried before? That's just a waste of time IMO. The contempt against D was found wasnt it, but I thought reduced and punishment has not been meted yet IIRC.

What theory is Auger pursuing? I thought the F theory was dead in the water based on P motions. Gull was not happy with her being there the other day at all. She is supposed to be assisting R&B not running the show.

Is there links for this. I see you put JMHO but there must be court dics for these. How can they go to the ISC when it was the ISC who chose her and kept her on unanimously when the D tried before? That's just a waste of time IMO. The contempt against D was found wasnt it, but I thought reduced and punishment has not been meted yet IIRC.

What theory is Auger pursuing? I thought the F theory was dead in the water based on P motions. Gull was not happy with her being there the other day at all. She is supposed to be assisting R&B not running the show.
No, no contempt. No punishment. I'm copying the relevant info. I left out her editorializing to point out the legal finding.

the State is required to prove that Counsels' conduct was willful and intentional beyond a reasonable doubt for the Court to find Counsel in contempt. As the State has not met that burden, the Court declines to find them in contempt of Court for violating the Protective Order issued February 17, 2023, regarding discovery. The State has also alleged that defense counsel violated the "gag order" issued by the Court on December 2, 2022. Defense counsel issued a Press Release on December 1, 2022. The release contained statements that are potentially violative of the Rules of Professional Conduct. As Defense Counsels' Counsel correctly argues in his post-hearing brief, the gag order was not yet issued. As such, the Court declines to find Counsel in contempt of Court as no Order was in place. To the extent that the Press Release violated the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court has no jurisdiction to enforce those Rules. As required by the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court will, therefore, send a copy of this Order and the Press Release to the Office of Judicial and Attorney Regulation, Executive Director Adrienne Meiring for that Office to enforce the Rules or determine Counsels' ethical misconduct.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed:
Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed:
Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed:
04/30/2024

No, no contempt. No punishment. I'm copying the relevant info. I left out her editorializing to point out the legal finding.

the State is required to prove that Counsels' conduct was willful and intentional beyond a reasonable doubt for the Court to find Counsel in contempt. As the State has not met that burden, the Court declines to find them in contempt of Court for violating the Protective Order issued February 17, 2023, regarding discovery. The State has also alleged that defense counsel violated the "gag order" issued by the Court on December 2, 2022. Defense counsel issued a Press Release on December 1, 2022. The release contained statements that are potentially violative of the Rules of Professional Conduct. As Defense Counsels' Counsel correctly argues in his post-hearing brief, the gag order was not yet issued. As such, the Court declines to find Counsel in contempt of Court as no Order was in place. To the extent that the Press Release violated the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court has no jurisdiction to enforce those Rules. As required by the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court will, therefore, send a copy of this Order and the Press Release to the Office of Judicial and Attorney Regulation, Executive Director Adrienne Meiring for that Office to enforce the Rules or determine Counsels' ethical misconduct.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed:
McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed:
Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed:
Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed:
Luttrull, James David JR
Noticed:
Diener, Stacey Lynn
Noticed:
Auger, Jennifer Jones
Order Signed:
04/30/2024
Ok so she has forwarded it on for others to determine ethical misconduct and enforce the rules of professional responsibility. That's fair enough.

Last edited:
Totally agree on the D because if one thing is clear it is that they have never been prepared nor been doing their job. When they did finally do something it was all wasted rushed time on the FM etc. because they realized IMHO the effects their lack of concern had with confessions going on and a defendant who had hardly had contact from their D.

I saw another post of yours when skimming and coming back up to the first to see since I last was on about another request for recusal. They aren't asking the ISC but asking Gull to recuse herself for the second time. It was denied the first time and likely will again. Other than trying to do an appeal record or just for lack of what else they can do I guess, they did that again blustering.

She GAVE THE TRIAL two MORE WEEKS did she not and they couldn't agree that that was enough time either!

I'm actually bored with this one. I'm not bored at the loss of these girls, the impact on the families and what happened at all, but bored with the b.s. I think any jury will fast become the same with these two if a month or even longer like they apparently want or can't even CLAIM what they need?? I get bored reading a thing from them and the one transcript OMG do I see what the court deals with.

And RA had already been moved to Allen County, that's how last minute. And now they stuck him for another how many months incarcerated before any verdict, these very two who supposedly care so much. Not that he'd get out as I think a jury with the evidence they have we know about AND don't know about will find him guilty.

Yeah his new look is interesting. The eyes.... Tell me something. But just my instinct so it's an interpretation/speculation.

Wouldn't you clean your client up for trial and bring him suits and ties like Prior does for Daybel? And tell him to shave and trim? Guessing they weren't on it like they aren't on anything. OR never figured on going to trial.

JMO of course.
Well I would certainly try and do something if I saw him turning up looking exactly like BG.

Auger: She was hired as expert (Gull approved) to do a special type of interview of FBI witnesses. (In order to depose FBI, an attny some additional training/qualification.) (forget the technical term... if it comes to me I'll post it.) Inferred from the need of her expertise as such ... The D is calling FBI agents.

New attorney joins defense team in Delphi murders case

Gull ruled the Defense not-guilty on contempt.
Links for the D's 3rd recusal request? See the summary of hearing Tuesday that you posted here from reddit above, quote:
The judge agreed. As they were dropping it, Baldwin stood up and said “I have a motion here asking Gull to recuse herself. Baldwin asked Gull if she would like a copy. She said, “Nope, put it on e-file.” That’s the only time Baldwin spoke today.

Also from docket:
1715292716177.png
1715292738901.png
RA (postponed) now has time to ask SCOIN - once again - for a new, non-biased judge.

JMHO

Didn't his location get doxed when someone posted his mugshot, height/weight/etc. from from local jail as he arrived and was awaiting for his hearing... ?? JMO??

Didn't his location get doxed when someone posted his mugshot, height/weight/etc. from from local jail as he arrived and was awaiting for his hearing... ?? JMO??
Someone posted his mugshot? Once he appears for the hearing I guess it is impossible to keep that out of the press. I took it to mean it was announced in advance of his appearance, when it should not have been. That's what a leak usually means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom