LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great article from the Sun. It is based on The Murder Sheet couple reporting, as they attended the whole three days. I won't copy and paste as it is long and graphic in places but they conclude that Allen's defence are not providing an adequate defence and that they should be working on a plea deal for him. It is very revealing in places, including that he could be faking his physchosis but his confessions are very real.

Have a good read.

A week to go until the status conference on the 23rd.

Boy I got sidetracked again and had to remind myself to come back to this. This is QUITE the article and the kind of coverage we did NOT get after each hearing day, etc.

I am not 100 percent sold on MS and have some opinions back and forth on them but they attended and this is far more coverage of what was said and wen ton than we have seen so far. It is a MUST read.

I already knew even Dr. Wala thought he might be faking, as did the guards. I always have and again I look at timing of everything.

I'm not sure how long it is but I am a good ways into it.

His wife and mother it can be seen are total deniers and enablers and that had to be interesting in life too as to what he could get away with. Imo.

We've heard such far more than once now.

His attorneys blaming the state and conditions just irritate me. They are covering their own butts for never seeing nor counseling their own client. To me, that's so clear. Jmo.

Kevin says they should pursue a plea deal (the D and Allen) because in most cases one side gets routed. I disagree with that remark entirely. The D has done much of what they have done to themselves.

It took them awhile but at least MS attended and now put out fuller coverage than we have had thus far by ANY NEWS ORG.

And to be fair, I don't always agree with the MS assessment of things. So it's not like I read it one sided.

And I go back and forth on them but they have covered throughout and did attend. More than one can say for most who have been all over this case until going silent after leaks.

Going back to finish before I get sidetracked again.

Man, off topic, we are at a time in August (unbelievable usually very hot) where I can have the air on one minute and almost want the heat on 10 minutes after that. Days off are coming to an end, the usual two, blinked and they pass by like in an instant. The work week NEVER does and is just the opposite.

What are we now, something like six weeks away? Things have to start rolling and coming pretty quickly here... If this trial is to finally go off.

Oh and yes, that has always been striking in this case. The D constantly wants to use mental health but they never wanted his mental health records released AND fought such a and NEVER have requested a competency eval or anything like it? I mean I don't care what side you are on--EXPLAIN THAT. They want their cake and to eat it too. They want to use it but they fear such an eval and the records coming out. And the Greenless talk of that but it isn't something we ever missed either. The D is desperate. Gull even indulged not release the records to the P for a LONG time probably feeling sorry for them. But warned them about using such unless they wanted to go down that road, continuing to make such claims.

To me, it is clear where all the mess comes back to here. And he IS a faker.

Jmo.

And they all have come to Jesus moments by the way. It's a well known tactic and thing everyone who works near a court or jail knows.

Quite the article. Covering much more than we have heard previously. Going back to finish.

OKAY.

Next paragraph I read. Bringing it forward and copying and pasting.

"So, reading between the lines, I think there are questions about whether he even is psychotic, it's possible the defense didn't want to open that can of worms, but I still think it would've been helpful for them early on to say, 'there's a problem here', rather than leaving him to his own devices for months and months."

NO SH*T. This has always been obvious and goes right down to adding what I have always said, they left him on his own and never saw nor counseled him.

Well there are hoops to jump through in plea deals. I'm not sure if Judge Gull would allow it, or if Abby and Libby's families would approve, either.
He should just plead guilty then.

Sorry, but i see i did already answer this. I'm jumping in and out of the thread all over the place.

Last edited:
WOW. No one would hear him confess. He had no attorneys to talk to!!

Also been said and speculated and what the warden said we also have always said, a warden cannot give a deal and it is not his role or duty to hear a confession. Wife and mom would NOT listen. This isn't new, I've had such an opinion throughout but it is all confirming such.

I am not even done yet. Wow.

The funny thing is none of this is new insofar as logic, common sense and reading between the lines of what we have known but it is all being CONFIRMED. Finally. After a long intentional circus side show with intentional leaks and PR campaign. That way too many jumped on the bus of.

How long IS this?

It is quite a finding @Tresir

OKAY.

Next paragraph I read. Bringing it forward and copying and pasting.

"So, reading between the lines, I think there are questions about whether he even is psychotic, it's possible the defense didn't want to open that can of worms, but I still think it would've been helpful for them early on to say, 'there's a problem here', rather than leaving him to his own devices for months and months."

NO SH*T. This has always been obvious and goes right down to adding what I have always said, they left him on his own and never saw nor counseled him.
It seems like nobody wanted to listen to him at all, his Defence, his family, the warden, the guards, the MH officer. The inmates may be the only ones who listened to him and LE of course, (Holman and the officer monitoring the recordings.)

OMG. They put it on the family who is making someone who wants it over (RA) to go through all this process. I put it on the attorneys. Actually I put it on both. There is coercion but it is NOT from the P or LE. It is from HIS side. Again,t his has always been logical and obvious. But it is finally being said or suspected with testimony.

Like nobody wanted to listen to him at all, his Defence, his family, the warden, the guards, the MH officer, the inmates may be the only ones who listened to him and LE of course.
it is QUITE the read. I hate to say it but I feel validated. Every bit of it is what I've been saying all along except for a few differences as to details and the who. They put it more on his family and not the D but they do put it on both. And it IS both. And ALL. Yes his rights are violated. By HIS OWN SIDE.

I can tell you I have always been able to picture his life with his wife, in my head, right or wrong. I won't go there and will save all but being pretty much confirmed to me.

NONE of such is an excuse for his sick wants, desires and deeds but it explains a lot as to how he could hide this and she "not notice" which I don't even buy. I'm not saying she was part of anything. But I am saying I think she wore the pants and he was dominated by women, but no sheep inside, and I will leave it at that.

On an entirely different note, heard a few times now he gave a motive in his confessions. WHAT is that motive? I'm totally curious. IF he told the truth of course.

I STILL need to finish this.

Glad you liked it. Now you can see why i didn't copy pasta. Incredible stuff and what we have suspected all along. I think the motive was sexual assault/rape but Libby if not both of them put up a fight so he killed them but maybe no sexual assault in the end. He just tried to redress and cover them with the branches. I think he would have shot them but his gun jammed so he racked the bullet(s) maybe not finding all the bullets and then resorted to using the knife/boxcutter. Washed blood off in the stream and threw the remaining clothes in the stream too.

Last edited:
I think it should also be noted Anne talked of the D going with blocking all confessions with a blanket reason and they may have had a chance if they addressed each individually. That had been said by experts before the hearings with their filings. They just want EVERYTHING TOSSED. And give blanket reasons. For instance, his mental health and coercion, and YET they won't go down the mental health road and evaluation.

Man they are crappy attorneys.

Glad you liked it. Now you can see why i didn't copy pasta. Incredible stuff and what we have suspected all along.
YES IT IS. While the Greenless probably read posts, sites, documents, this is all coming from what was said in recent hearings!

They may be interpreting it as we do with thoughts but all are close to what has always been obvious.

I have to tell you, selfishly, I want to see a trial here. After all of this b.s. And because I feel that way, I suspect the families feel more so that way. However, WE won't see it anyhow. But at least maybe these two will cover almost all of it even if it takes some time.

I still have moments with them and reasons for them, the MS I mean, but this is a total fit for the most part.

I don't want to see a plea BUT let them man PLEAD guilty and take his damned confessions. I also don't think, jmo, he backed off because he chose his family over his hope that God would not condemn him to HE77. Although one can see how he'd feel that way being his family does not listen to him. I think it was the D, and the family calling the D having a fit most likely that they hadn't seen him, he is now confessing and are you ever going to represent him/us???!!!! The D has been trying to save their own arse ever since.

This is my opinion, and a very logical one, and not much is likely to change it.

And Messer's remarks and his sister's about legal action and being advised for now to wait makes perfect sense to me. Don't affect this trial, first of all, and second of all, they will have more ammo if the defense uses them and drags them through the mud again.

And the overall thing still is not a ONE of them can be placed there.

Some and mirrors in hundreds of defense pages.

LOL I cannot believe you didn't give more reaction to this when you were reading it! You will probably miss posts here as every paragraph I read I am coming back doing rapid fire comments.

i have though all along that the point about Permutter not seeing anything when on Court TV said this was a ritualistic killing was a serious strike point to her.

Interesting too that the P careful to not share confessions facts said if she was told the motive was an SA and branches were to cover bodies,, what she would say....

I've also always thought this was sexual in nature. Maybe it did not go as planned or maybe it was a different type of SA but have always thought so.

Now the P could have just put that up as a suggestion but it also could be a fact.

I will say this for MS. These two took some GOOD notes, this is so much more than what was reported so far...

I think it should also be noted Anne talked of the D going with blocking all confessions with a blanket reason and they may have had a chance if they addressed each individually. That had been said by experts before the hearings with their filings. They just want EVERYTHING TOSSED. And give blanket reasons. For instance, his mental health and coercion, and YET they won't go down the mental health road and evaluation.

Man they are crappy attorneys.
You mean Aine? She's good isn't she? He should have them as his attorneys

And Messer's remarks and his sister's about legal action and being advised for now to wait makes perfect sense to me. Don't affect this trial, first of all, and second of all, they will have more ammo if the defense uses them and drags them through the mud again.

And the overall thing still is not a ONE of them can be placed there.

Some and mirrors in hundreds of defense pages.
Yep and when i read that I thought "yay they are getting ready to sue their asses off" hopefully very shortly - probably after the trial.

How much can you sue for if wrongly accused of kidnapping, sexual assault and double child murders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom