LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The most detail I've seen yet on hearing what questions both the P and D were asking the jurors and more. They do talk the hair but notice he does not put it in his title or headline. Susan Hendricks, far better than more Court TV MacDonald crap.

She is giving a far better insight into jury selection and where the D and P are going in their cases just by the questions they were asking the jurors, and what the weak points and strong points are for each.

She thinks both sides ended up with a good, fair and impartial jury.

Let's get this show on the road! And bring some justice for these girls!!

The hair remark was just as I suspected, a dropped remark in the midst of something with nothing finished, just an incomplete remark basically no explanation middle of the day, mid talking, etc.

I for one don't buy for a minute it wasn't dropped in out of context intentionally. Regardless... The above was interesting hearing what each was asking the jury, etc... And more.

You know, and I still have to remind myself of it, is in cases one has to look for what is NOT being said, what is NOT being challenged, etc....

it just dawned on me the P definitely doers not want L's BG video out of this trial and that says to me there's enough in it to be worth it. It says to me they think the jury will see it is Ra. It says to me they will know that is THE voice. The sketches are from memories and best description of people they can give...

If one looks at the sketches again, as we all have many a time through the years, it has always been notable the lips are the same, the eyes are the same, etc. This woman needs to have three unknown people to her put 50 feet away from her, let them leave and have her describe what she saw, age, etc.

Imo they've always known she was not on point with age, etc. but that she saw the same guy. They of course did not want it released because she was not on point.

I can tell you if I am at work and someone is 50 feet away, I think is that so and so, is that a woman and when they finally get closer to me, I'm like OMG how could I have thought this was so and so. Or have even had the sex mixed up, male or female.

My eyesight lately is really worsening a bit. I've gone for years with having glasses I basically never need, decades actually, but recently that's been changing. I have to look to see if a 3 or 8 is a 3 or an 8. I was always able to see close up perfectly. Far away was my bigger issue but even then never so bad I needed to wear them. That's changed in the last year or so or is changing. I was in about two years ago and all was about the same but I know it isn't since.

Back to the point, the P has tried to ditch nothing, other than the sketches, that's the only thing. And I just realized of course they are not trying to ditch L's video. The one sketch and BG are very similar and so the trust that and those witnesses...

No matter the decision on the sketches, it just needs to be made clear to he jury if allowed.

I don't think this dawned on anyone because I have said more than once I want to hear what his wife has to say and did say and no one has said that would not happen but I forgot about spousal priivilege. I think we all maybe did... She cant be made to testify against him then right...? Can they use any interview she did with LE? Does anyone here know? I'd think if she voluntarily cooperated in a recorded interview they could. Anyone here know the answer to this?
I don't know the exact answer but i think they can use any interviews or videos/ pictures that they already have with her. She just cannot be made to testify in court against him.

I don't know the exact answer but i think they can use any interviews or videos/ pictures that they already have with her. She just cannot be made to testify in court against him.
That's my LOGICAL leaning as well. I always think logic should win the day but sometimes who knows with the legal process...

It never dawned on me though until just now or last night watching Tom actually and chat, etc. that I have been waiting to see her on the stand and she may not have to testify against him. I don't know that that means either that she would not have to testify to other things or her interviews, etc. but she'd have a right to a point on new testimony I guess...?

Logically if she willingly interviewed, was recorded, etc. and never invoked some right at that point, I would think all her statements and interviews could be used and her questioned about on the stand...

Now i'm wondering if that's Asa's point in not finalizing the divorce in LISK too... Can't be made to testify against the spouse...

Can't vouch for him but first person I've found on with anything on this today. He is showing some Reddit stuff coming from the courtroom supposedly but I also don't do Reddit. I'm sure in these other sources people are getting some news, I simply don't do most of them.

And he has WRTV coverage and stuff so clearly there is some coverage out there already.

Five cameras were confiscated and FOUR media members were banned!

WHERE IS EVERYONE? Who has waited for this trial to start??

So I got into this late but have seen enough of this one live that tons is coming out already today so clearly no one is sharing it here. Going to do the same and watch elsewhere. Read elsewhere. Later.

Several MEDIA were BANNED. Four of them. At least TWO major media it sounds like. I don't like her rules BUT you do not go against them. It just will ruin it for future trials too.

And I think they should be NAMED at some point.

Several MEDIA were BANNED. Four of them. At least TWO major media it sounds like. I don't like her rules BUT you do not go against them. It just will ruin it for future trials too.

And I think they should be NAMED at some point.
I'd like to know how they managed to do what they're being accused of, which is photographing jurors. I'll see if I can find a photo of the courthouse.

I literally cannot believe this if its true. In what world do you remove a hair from a murdered teens body and not identify it? Yes, it matters. Who does it belong to?

No need to respond. Sure I won't get one. But does anyone really think the killer was a female?

And we each have our own but DD or Bob Motta sure isn't one of mine.

I think there is going to be a lot of varying things throughout this one. And opinions definitely.

It does sound like Libby's grandma was up today from what I've heard elsewhere.

I was thinking of both families this morning. Not going to go into it but ours was a week and the preparation when it finally, finally came was major. I didn't live there, nor did my sister, my one daughter did not either, my other daughter had to testify, we all had VISs when sentencing came later. We all came together but it was high stress. And that was just a week but three years of b.s. My SIL stepped up, many did. My mom had most of us at her home. My sister had my one daughter and helped her every day. The town it was in was not any of our towns, same county thought.

I don't need to go on about that to you or anyone, I am just saying THIS trial and what has gone on with its attention, years and b.s. is a millionfold times past that and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And this was one hell of a day for A & L's families is all I can say. Count on it. And even now they will not know what is coming day to day. And verdict day? OMG.

i'm forgetting RA for right now because it is where all the focus has been, it is where it is in every case once an arrest. I get if a defendant is innocent or wrongly charged it needs to be on them, but regardless it should never NOT be on the victims and their families either, whether that defendant is innocent or guilty.

Just had a TON of thoughts for the families this morning... And all day.

And I jumped off from here but am not really talking to anyone specific.

A female hair I did not know. So to me that's Kelsey's, Libby's, Anna's, etc. Has there been a single hint of a female partner or killer? Even in D theories with Os? I don't think so.

So sounding like a nothing burger. Re the hair.

I went into what I was watching late, but there is a lot out there that was reported all day.

This investigation was handled by the Keystone cops.
I dont think that's fair. I do believe there could be a link between A.Shots and RA but only with regard to him suspecting there could be some target victims for him at the bridge that day, that he got wind of via social media, si he went prepared with his weapons. To me it is almost like he went on the bridge for a good look around then went back to sit on the bench and the girls went by and on to the bridge. He let them get half to two thirds across then followed them. Caught them on the bridge then ambushed them down the hill.

From the DD tweet posted upthread.

McLeland gave about a 20 minute opening statement after experiencing tech difficulties with the large monitor in the courtroom. Tough way to start when nerves are already at an all time high. He was followed by Baldwin, whose opening lasted approximately an hour. Nothing new was revealed in State’s opening and quit a bit of interesting info was relayed in Defense opening. Remember, openings are not evidence. One thing is clear, Becky Blair is going to be a critical witness for the defense. She was on the trails that day at the same time the girls were. The timeline is being attacked by the defense. Becky Patty, Libby’s grandma was the first witness for the State. Her testimony was heartbreaking. She’s a very strong woman. Lunch Break from 12:25 to 1:30.

(Note - I think he means Betsy Blair not Becky Blair. )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom