LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm free thinking here.

I think the original judge freaked out for some reason and just set this whole high-risk HELP WE NEED SECURITY STAT thing in motion.

Leaving Allen in Westville is just asking for trouble on appeal. It is not usual to stash an alleged killer in a state prison.

Look at what's going on in Idaho. County jails have managed to keep Lori and Chad Daybell and Bryan Kohberger in one piece. I'm fairly confident an Indiana county jail can keep this guy alive.

This is overkill.
Well Kohberger has barely begun and as to Lori and Chad all we are hearing the last few months is the sheer COST to the area in this case.

I do get your point.

But he is housed and so far no proof of real reason to move him imo. Not so far.

I "might" have felt a wee bit of sympathy for him, but it was has own attorneys that wanted the delay and got it, but how want to cry foul. A good example of careful of what you wish for. They didn't seem very concerned about this only a few short weeks ago.
I have been trying to recall something they did at the outset and maybe that was it but maybe not. There was something that I didn't think much of and figured a tactic right out of the gate but I can't recall. Whatever it was, it triggered my instinct to not buy this claim either... Haven't had time to look back and check but I guess I am just trying to say out of the gate for some reason I didn't think much of some defense move and so it has played into my belief on this one.

Sounds unclear or cryptic, sorry, but it is because I know there was something, I just can't recall what lol.

So yes they asked for the delay. Lots of that in cases. Want one thing but then gripe about what that thing causes...

Can you point me towards the cost? I've been focused on the trial aspect and a few other cases. Thanks.
You mean of all or of getting transcripts, etc. ? There have been totals/ballparks put out there of what this case has cost the county is what I was referring to.

I believe that includes all costs, housing them, flying Lori home/extradition, etc. and all one can imagine.

Here is one from Nate @RoundPeg

I "might" have felt a wee bit of sympathy for him, but it was has own attorneys that wanted the delay and got it, but how want to cry foul. A good example of careful of what you wish for. They didn't seem very concerned about this only a few short weeks ago.
I don't know how long they've had the case but according to that article, the transfer into state custody occurred before council was appointed...
Anyway, it seems to me it's a reasonable, very logical request and I'd be suprised if it isn't granted.

it isn't even like it's that far. It isn't ideal but tons of people commute further to work and I don't think I've ever known an attorney who doesn't cover like a five county area in cases they take and courthouses, etc. they travel to. My own and it wasn't even criminal had an hour's drive easy. Opposing at least a half hour. I lived hours from my counsel and the courthouse and my ex lived a good hour from his attorney and further for the courthouse, etc.

Not arguing, understand all points but clearly I disagree. If he were convicted I'd even more strongly disagree but even so he is in custody with probable cause. Watts is in WI and his family and his life was in CO. Jake Patterson is in NM and his crime and family are in Wisconsin. How handy is that?

I refer to divorce above but speaking of murder trial, our defendant had an attorney SIX HOURS away not from anywhere nearby in the area. And that was before conviction.

I don't know how long they've had the case but according to that article, the transfer into state custody occurred before council was appointed...
Anyway, it seems to me it's a reasonable, very logical request and I'd be suprised if it isn't granted.
They definitely were not in any hurry just a few short weeks ago with voluntarily postponing the bail hearing. If is so dire now, why wasn't he then? It was less than a month ago I think.

If they're coming from Delphi, it's 165 miles round trip.
Yeah. What I'm saying is that is very common in my area for attorneys. The biggest county most handle cases in is a good hour away for most in the surrounding counties/areas. Again, things like Zoom and other video conferencing and tech has helped not hindered in being able to make contact.

They definitely were not in any hurry just a few short weeks ago with voluntarily postponing the bail hearing. If is so dire now, why wasn't he then? It was less than a month ago I think.
Exactly. Was he not yet wasting away yet then? Again comparison picture if from a year or two ago. He's just off his beer. Sorry but not buying it until reason to.

It seems like something has happened between late March and now according to his attorney's statement. I think there was a typo but it seems like they said he was alert and responding appropriately on March 24.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom