LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The news may be putting up mug shot and such but I was going by the filing and what I read. Yeah funny they didn't use the mug shot but a picture of him all smartened and cleaned up long ago instead. With a dog on his lap no less. What a sympathetic dog loving guy...

I'm talking of this photo. Scroll down to where he has the lavender shirt on. It says a year or two before.

I'm just saying his booking photo isn't that different from the older photo.

I'm just saying his booking photo isn't that different from the older photo.
I know. And I'm just saying I'm sure defense could have used a more current one even if not the booking photo. It's like they picked one showing a clean cut family guy who loves dogs that was a not relevant or current photo and not an unshaven or rougher one more closely resembling bridge guy and of course they didn't pick the booking photo which arguably would be the best comparison. Here is how he was at arrest and here is how he is today.

I'm also saying it is what was filed with the court and I did get it from the article mentioning that filing and sharing the photos.

I do get your point. Mine if a legitimate motion with legitimate concern then why play these games and pick a photo not even close to current... Obviously. He also of course looks younger.

A judge will allow Richard Allen, the suspect in the Delphi killings, to be moved to a new prison.

Allen has been held at the Westville Correctional Facility since November 2022. His attorneys claim Allen is being treated worse than inmates and their client is still presumed innocent. Allen is being held in the maximum security segregation unit.

A judge order April 14 will allow for the Department of Correction to move Allen to another of its facilities that will accommodate his medical and physical needs. The facility would need to meet directives from physicians and psychiatrists with the Department of Correction.

A judge will allow Richard Allen, the suspect in the Delphi killings, to be moved to a new prison.

Allen has been held at the Westville Correctional Facility since November 2022. His attorneys claim Allen is being treated worse than inmates and their client is still presumed innocent. Allen is being held in the maximum security segregation unit.

A judge order April 14 will allow for the Department of Correction to move Allen to another of its facilities that will accommodate his medical and physical needs. The facility would need to meet directives from physicians and psychiatrists with the Department of Correction.
Well there you go, he gets another prison, not county the way it sounds. And they aren't dancing to the tune but only to medical and physical needs and doctors and psychiatrists. No mention as there shouldn't be that is tablet and calls with family are monitored, all generally are, so what? And they aren't the only family to have to travel or pay for calls either.

Just like a couple of other cases currently in trial, well here we go with mental claims. Seems to me Allen was functioning fine right up until the day of his arrest for all these years. Pretty convenient.

Don't be surprised if a prison that can meet his needs is even further from his home. Hard to say.

By: James Howell Jr.
Posted at 11:57 AM, May 03, 2023
and last updated 11:57 AM, May 03, 2023
DELPHI — As background work continues ahead of the murder trial of Richard Allen, two new subpoenas were filed this week — one for his former employer and one for his former prison housing facility.

Allen is currently charged with two counts of murder stemming from the 2017 deaths of Libby German and Abby Williams.

Following his arrest in 2022, WRTV Investigates discovered Allen's work history included time spent with the CVS Pharmacy in Delphi as a pharmacy technician.

Now, CVS has been subpoenaed in his murder trial.

<snip>
Also subpoenaed this week was the Westville Correctional Facility.

After being placed in the Westville correctional facility, for safety, Allen and his attorneys filed on April 5 to have him removed from the facility due to poor conditions.

In the emergency order, the attorneys claim Allen had been sleeping on a pad on a concrete floor inside of a cell that is "no larger than that of a dog kennel." They say he is given "little, if any" recreation time outside of what they call "cold, concrete and metal quarters."

The motion claimed that Allen is only allowed to shower one to two times per week and is often forced to wear the same clothes, including underwear, for days.

They also argued that his isolation has made him unable to visit his wife or other family members and that he's only allowed to make calls to family members through a tablet, which is monitored by prison officials.

By: James Howell Jr.
Posted at 11:57 AM, May 03, 2023
and last updated 11:57 AM, May 03, 2023
DELPHI — As background work continues ahead of the murder trial of Richard Allen, two new subpoenas were filed this week — one for his former employer and one for his former prison housing facility.

Allen is currently charged with two counts of murder stemming from the 2017 deaths of Libby German and Abby Williams.

Following his arrest in 2022, WRTV Investigates discovered Allen's work history included time spent with the CVS Pharmacy in Delphi as a pharmacy technician.

Now, CVS has been subpoenaed in his murder trial.

<snip>
Also subpoenaed this week was the Westville Correctional Facility.

After being placed in the Westville correctional facility, for safety, Allen and his attorneys filed on April 5 to have him removed from the facility due to poor conditions.

In the emergency order, the attorneys claim Allen had been sleeping on a pad on a concrete floor inside of a cell that is "no larger than that of a dog kennel." They say he is given "little, if any" recreation time outside of what they call "cold, concrete and metal quarters."

The motion claimed that Allen is only allowed to shower one to two times per week and is often forced to wear the same clothes, including underwear, for days.

They also argued that his isolation has made him unable to visit his wife or other family members and that he's only allowed to make calls to family members through a tablet, which is monitored by prison officials.
I did read the article to be sure but just want to point out that we (myself included) generally believe subpoenas are from the state at this stage in cases but as we recently saw in Kohberger, that subpoena was by the defense. Here I am guessing the correctional facility records are likely by the defense (although it could be either side) and CVS is anyone's guess... But I'd say more likely the state.

Was just searching to get updated on this case and found out that Keegan pled guilty over a month ago. Haven't found that he has been sentenced yet.

Another search reveals he will be sentenced 18th May but the judge won't allow live streaming.

Was just searching to get updated on this case and found out that Keegan pled guilty over a month ago. Haven't found that he has been sentenced yet.

Another search reveals he will be sentenced 18th May but the judge won't allow live streaming.

Hmm. This lack of live streaming lately I am not really liking. And he has pled and it is sentencing so it isn't like it causes publicity that can affect a trial.

I do think we knew he pled and it is above here in the thread if I recall correctly. Or maybe not, maybe I saw it elsewhere, not sure any longer with all the trials going on and info, etc. and attempts to keep up.

What sick people exist in this world. Adults in sex acts with children 3 to 11. SICK as is KLINE who had them and looked at them at minimum.

There is something more to this. And he claims all girls basically he was in contact with sent him sexual pictures.

Did he also bribe or threaten with such I wonder?

One thing I recall is Libby had done a phone reset because of "issues" with her phone and it was allegedly a reason the app that allowed grandma to check on her wasn't there or something on that order.

I feel there is something here that does relate to Delphi.

But this guy is so twisted in his own right and deserves imo a life sentence regardless of how involved he was in Delphi (or not at all)...

He was in contact with Libby, and set a meeting, and that alone is pretty darned significant.
He may have got her to reset her phone. I think I read he did that with his phones.

Hmm. This lack of live streaming lately I am not really liking. And he has pled and it is sentencing so it isn't like it causes publicity that can affect a trial.

I do think we knew he pled and it is above here in the thread if I recall correctly. Or maybe not, maybe I saw it elsewhere, not sure any longer with all the trials going on and info, etc. and attempts to keep up.
You're right it was posted before on the 30th March. I hadn't seen it and I also posted the newer sentencing article (sentencing due in 8 days time). I noticed that the complaint about RA surfaced about a week after that sentencing plea. It's clear to me that Kline's case has been delaying the whole thing with RA IMO.

I have said before, I don't like seeing the shackles and I think they should be able to appear in court in regular clothes. Apart from that, I don't have a lot of sympathy for either KK or RA. I would be interested in seeing what KK looks like now however. If RA doesn't want to be in county jail any longer, he should consider a plea deal, like KK has done. Child murderers get treated OK in genpop don't they?

He may have got her to reset her phone. I think I read he did that with his phones.
Yeah and the reset took off the app where grandma could find her, keep tabs, etc. It was something that came out early on and then they shut it down as if it was nothing but I have always thought it significant. There is some weird connection here somehow with Kline. I'm not sure of what but I think a ring of pedos or some such OR just that RA picked up on seeing where KK left off and knew the girls were going where they went...

It is just too UNCANNY and too COINCIDENTAL to think something doesn't connect or relate being Kline talked with her at the very time period AND tried or planned a meeting at the VERY place this happened at...

You're right it was posted before on the 30th March. I hadn't seen it and I also posted the newer sentencing article (sentencing due in 8 days time). I noticed that the complaint about RA surfaced about a week after that sentencing plea. It's clear to me that Kline's case has been delaying the whole thing with RA IMO.

I have said before, I don't like seeing the shackles and I think they should be able to appear in court in regular clothes. Apart from that, I don't have a lot of sympathy for either KK or RA. I would be interested in seeing what KK looks like now however. If RA doesn't want to be in county jail any longer, he should consider a plea deal, like KK has done. Child murderers get treated OK in genpop don't they?
My laughing emoji is over they get treated okay in gen pop... Lol. Actually I don't think it is always as bad as some think on them, just depends. I mean believing these days there is no one in gen pop in PRISON who has never harmed children or that it is rare I'm not so sure it is... Maybe they didn't murder one but likely abused one in their drugged up state or molested one, etc. Just not so sure there is always that kind of moral thing in the ones who DID NOT do that to risk doing something to them... I know it is a common them to think that they will be killed in prison, etc... I do think sometimes when extreme, like Dahmer...

I didn't realize you were playing catch up and that you didn't know he pled. Man, I thought I was the one always trying to stay up with cases which I barely can these days. :D

I think somehow and some way Kline plays into the RA thing. I don't know that his case has delayed the RA thing but can believe it. Delays would occur anyhow though, that is the game of it even if they don't relate but I believe they do.

Who are you talking of in shackles? Kline or RA? It is actually common in some states for shackles and of course jail clothing even with misdemeanor types of defendants. I have seen it where it is entirely unfair and overkill no doubt.

In trials and with those attempting escape it is another thing. Letecia Stauch was shackled to the floor each day in trial BUT it was supposed to be not apparent of course to the jury and all. Her hands were free hence her giving the finger multiple times. Yet still not hard to figure out and know she was. And was in street clothes.

Generally it is jail clothing until trial when it is the first time a jury is present when they are allowed to wear street clothes. In Daybell for some reason, they have been allowed throughout to wear street clothes at every hearing, etc. NOT typical but then it is Idaho so who the he77 knows...

My laughing emoji is over they get treated okay in gen pop... Lol. Actually I don't think it is always as bad as some think on them, just depends. I mean believing these days there is no one in gen pop in PRISON who has never harmed children or that it is rare I'm not so sure it is... Maybe they didn't murder one but likely abused one in their drugged up state or molested one, etc. Just not so sure there is always that kind of moral thing in the ones who DID NOT do that to risk doing something to them... I know it is a common them to think that they will be killed in prison, etc... I do think sometimes when extreme, like Dahmer...

I didn't realize you were playing catch up and that you didn't know he pled. Man, I thought I was the one always trying to stay up with cases which I barely can these days. :D

I think somehow and some way Kline plays into the RA thing. I don't know that his case has delayed the RA thing but can believe it. Delays would occur anyhow though, that is the game of it even if they don't relate but I believe they do.

Who are you talking of in shackles? Kline or RA? It is actually common in some states for shackles and of course jail clothing even with misdemeanor types of defendants. I have seen it where it is entirely unfair and overkill no doubt.

In trials and with those attempting escape it is another thing. Letecia Stauch was shackled to the floor each day in trial BUT it was supposed to be not apparent of course to the jury and all. Her hands were free hence her giving the finger multiple times. Yet still not hard to figure out and know she was. And was in street clothes.

Generally it is jail clothing until trial when it is the first time a jury is present when they are allowed to wear street clothes. In Daybell for some reason, they have been allowed throughout to wear street clothes at every hearing, etc. NOT typical but then it is Idaho so who the he77 knows...
I said that about genpop tongue in cheek LOL. Re the shackles, I was talking RA. I don't know about KK. In Daybell it was reported she was shackled to the floor initially IIRC but then they removed them after a few days. I don't know why that was. I notice they have reported what she wears every day. I also noticed with Murdaugh he was shackled but I don't know if they removed them daily when he got to his seat. I assume if they get bail, the shackles won't be used. So the jury would know by the shackles they were denied or could not raise bail. Unless the shackles get removed before the jury comes in.

I am catching up here as it is a day off on Daybell. Generally I will follow one or two cases only. I have followed both Delphi and Daybell on the net since the crimes happened.

Last edited:
I said that about genpop tongue in cheek LOL. Re the shackles, I was talking RA. I don't know about KK. In Daybell it was reported she was shackled to the floor initially IIRC but then they removed them after a few days. I don't know why that was. I notice they have reported what she wears every day. I also noticed with Murdaugh he was shackled but I don't know if they removed them daily when he got to his seat. I assume if they get bail, the shackles won't be used. So the jury would know by the shackles they were denied or could not raise bail. Unless the shackles get removed before the jury comes in.
Gotcha. With the tongue in cheek.

I thought you meant RA. I too am not sure about KK.

When they have bail yes, they come in street clothes as they don't have jail clothes and it does show whether they are free or not. However, in the unusual ID b.s. of Daybell, they have come in street clothes throughout even though they are in custody so that's not the norm. I think the reason and thought is when in jail clothes throughout up to trial in most cases, no jury is seeing that until trial so then they get street clothes. Now televising is changing that some as a juror could see them in orange (or whatever the color of the jail) on TV prior to ever being a juror. However, jurors are to be impartial and admit if they have seen coverage or have an opinion prior to trial in the selection process so theoretically the jail clothes up to then shouldn't matter. The entire jury system is really on trust and faith they are telling the truth...

I think I remember hearing too that Lori was shackled at first and then wasn't. No idea why they'd do that. Letecia Stauch was shackled throughout and clear reason imo for it as she had escape attempts prior. Plus as it went on it was found she couldn't even behave with her hands, giving the finger, pretending to be sly about it, having to know it would be noticed. I know you didn't follow that case but man if you had, I'd have loved your input on it.

You are right though in that of course the public figures it out so of course the jurors PRESENT in the room figure it out. It's kind of stupid in that respect if one thinks about it.

Live stream and televising and media and online stuff is certainly changing and affecting things. Not uncommon though the system is far behind the times of keeping up. SLOW wheels of justice, red tape, etc., I don't care if we are talking politics, enacting new laws, or justice. It is so out of touch and not keeping up.

I did read the article to be sure but just want to point out that we (myself included) generally believe subpoenas are from the state at this stage in cases but as we recently saw in Kohberger, that subpoena was by the defense. Here I am guessing the correctional facility records are likely by the defense (although it could be either side) and CVS is anyone's guess... But I'd say more likely the state.
I am guessing the subpoena to CVS would be for his work schedule the day of the murder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom