LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting GIF

My first instinct the minute I saw this was there was DEFINITELY a deal. That's what I still think after a couple of moments to think about it..

Even though we are seeing light sentencing in too many cases, this one they really had him dead to rights with abundant instances. It's a deal. I'm more convinced now and already was convinced but now I am way convinced. They couldn't go too light or people would have a fit (not that that stops some) and he had sooo many charges. Both sides played some hard ball imo and this is where they met. Imo.

Do I know that? NO. Do I believe it is the case? Definitely.

Just my guess. Pretty convinced though.

There may have even been some other little things like leaving his dad out of it, a prison choice/preference, hard to say...

Yeah it's consecutive but not like its 20 something consecutive 5 years sentences even. And he'll be out in less, I have little doubt. That's the b.s. way of it these days.

So do you think it's a deal or no?

I came across this link that has some detail that I had not heard before. I have copied and pasted the section below and bolded the sections that I thought were interesting as it is much more detailed than I had read before. Eg there is video, not just audio of the "guys down the hill" moment. Also,the bullet was found between the girls, less than two feet away from one of them.
The witness info is very detailed also.

Excerpt to follow.

What evidence was found at the crime scene?

Investigators found a cellphone, clothing and an 0.40 caliber bullet, according to the probable cause affidavit.

One of the victim’s phones was located during the search for the girls. It showed one of the girls walking southeast on the Monon High Bridge, while a male subject wearing a dark jacket and jeans walks behind her. As the man approaches the girls, one of the victims mentions, “gun.” Near the end of the video, the man is seen and heard telling the girls, “Guys, down the hill.” The girls then begin to proceed down the hill and the video ends.

Some of the victims’ clothes were found in Deer Creek, south of where the bodies were found.

3441e580-ap22304528082027-300x200.jpg

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter announces during a news conference in Delphi, Ind., Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, the arrest of Richard Allen, 50, for the murders of two teenage girls killed during a 2017 hiking trip in northern Indiana. Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were killed in February 2017. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
The 0.40 caliber unspent round was discovered less than two feet away from one of the girls, between the two bodies. The round was unspent and had extraction marks on it.

A video was recovered from the Hoosier Harvestore surveillance camera that shows vehicles traveling to and from the trails entrance on CR 300 North.

Other evidence gathered in the case was taken from Allen’s home after his 2022 arrest, including:

• Jackets, including the blue Carhartt jacket he wore on the trails in 2017
    • Boots
    • Knives
    • Gun: Sig Sauer, Model P226, 0.40 caliber pistol

Were there any witnesses near the crime scene?

Yes. The affidavit details multiple witnesses who were out on the trails on Feb. 13, 2017. Interviews were conducted with three juveniles on the Monon High Bridge trail. They told investigators they were walking home on the trail toward Freedom Bridge when they encountered a man, who they described as “kind of creepy” wearing blue jeans, and a light blue duck canvas-type jacket.

d061ffd2-ap22304618130380-300x200.jpg

Flowers are placed at the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi, Ind., Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, near where Liberty German and Abigail Williams were last seen and where the bodies were discovered. The Indiana State Police announced an arrest in the murders of the two teenage girls killed during a 2017 hiking trip in northern Indiana. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
Investigators spoke with another witness who was alone at the trails that day to go for a walk. As she was parking, she observed four girls walking on the bridge over Old State Road 25 as she drove under it. She told investigators that while walking to the Monon High Bridge, she saw a man that matched the description from the victim’s phone. She said the man was wearing blue jeans and a blue jacket standing on the first platform of the Monon High Bridge, about 50 feet away from her. She turned around once she reached the bridge to continue her walk. Halfway between the bridge and the parking area, she believes she saw Abby and Libby, who were headed toward the Monon High Bridge. She finished her walk and told police there were no other adults, other than the man she saw, on the bridge. Her car is seen leaving the trails westbound at 2:14 p.m. The woman told police she noticed a vehicle parked in an odd manner at the old Child Protective Services building while she was leaving.

Investigators received a tip from a man who saw a purple PT Cruiser or small SUV type vehicle parked at the old CPS building. He said it appeared to be back in as to conceal the license plate of the vehicle. He described it as possibly being a “smart” car. Investigators asked both the female walker and the male driver to draw a diagram of the vehicle they saw parked outside the CPS building. Both generally matched the area and position the vehicle was parked.

Investigators spoke with another driver who said she was traveling East on 300 North on Feb. 13 and saw a man walking west, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. She said the man was wearing a blue colored jacked and blue jeans, and described him as “muddy and bloody,” as if he had gotten into a fight.

Last edited:
I came across this link that has some detail that I had not heard before. I have copied and pasted the section below and bolded the sections that I thought were interesting as it is much more detailed than I had read before. Eg there is video, not just audio of the "guys down the hill" moment. Also,the bullet was found between the girls, less than two feet away from one of them.
The witness info is very detailed also.

Excerpt to follow.

What evidence was found at the crime scene?

Investigators found a cellphone, clothing and an 0.40 caliber bullet, according to the probable cause affidavit.

One of the victim’s phones was located during the search for the girls. It showed one of the girls walking southeast on the Monon High Bridge, while a male subject wearing a dark jacket and jeans walks behind her. As the man approaches the girls, one of the victims mentions, “gun.” Near the end of the video, the man is seen and heard telling the girls, “Guys, down the hill.” The girls then begin to proceed down the hill and the video ends.

Some of the victims’ clothes were found in Deer Creek, south of where the bodies were found.

3441e580-ap22304528082027-300x200.jpg

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter announces during a news conference in Delphi, Ind., Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, the arrest of Richard Allen, 50, for the murders of two teenage girls killed during a 2017 hiking trip in northern Indiana. Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were killed in February 2017. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
The 0.40 caliber unspent round was discovered less than two feet away from one of the girls, between the two bodies. The round was unspent and had extraction marks on it.

A video was recovered from the Hoosier Harvestore surveillance camera that shows vehicles traveling to and from the trails entrance on CR 300 North.

Other evidence gathered in the case was taken from Allen’s home after his 2022 arrest, including:

• Jackets, including the blue Carhartt jacket he wore on the trails in 2017
    • Boots
    • Knives
    • Gun: Sig Sauer, Model P226, 0.40 caliber pistol

Were there any witnesses near the crime scene?

Yes. The affidavit details multiple witnesses who were out on the trails on Feb. 13, 2017. Interviews were conducted with three juveniles on the Monon High Bridge trail. They told investigators they were walking home on the trail toward Freedom Bridge when they encountered a man, who they described as “kind of creepy” wearing blue jeans, and a light blue duck canvas-type jacket.

d061ffd2-ap22304618130380-300x200.jpg

Flowers are placed at the Monon High Bridge Trail in Delphi, Ind., Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, near where Liberty German and Abigail Williams were last seen and where the bodies were discovered. The Indiana State Police announced an arrest in the murders of the two teenage girls killed during a 2017 hiking trip in northern Indiana. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)
Investigators spoke with another witness who was alone at the trails that day to go for a walk. As she was parking, she observed four girls walking on the bridge over Old State Road 25 as she drove under it. She told investigators that while walking to the Monon High Bridge, she saw a man that matched the description from the victim’s phone. She said the man was wearing blue jeans and a blue jacket standing on the first platform of the Monon High Bridge, about 50 feet away from her. She turned around once she reached the bridge to continue her walk. Halfway between the bridge and the parking area, she believes she saw Abby and Libby, who were headed toward the Monon High Bridge. She finished her walk and told police there were no other adults, other than the man she saw, on the bridge. Her car is seen leaving the trails westbound at 2:14 p.m. The woman told police she noticed a vehicle parked in an odd manner at the old Child Protective Services building while she was leaving.

Investigators received a tip from a man who saw a purple PT Cruiser or small SUV type vehicle parked at the old CPS building. He said it appeared to be back in as to conceal the license plate of the vehicle. He described it as possibly being a “smart” car. Investigators asked both the female walker and the male driver to draw a diagram of the vehicle they saw parked outside the CPS building. Both generally matched the area and position the vehicle was parked.

Investigators spoke with another driver who said she was traveling East on 300 North on Feb. 13 and saw a man walking west, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Monon High Bridge. She said the man was wearing a blue colored jacked and blue jeans, and described him as “muddy and bloody,” as if he had gotten into a fight.

Why didn't she call the police?

How did the cops settle on Allen? What others thoughts on this?
He admitted he was on the bridge at the relevant time. Seen by several witnesses and admitted by himself. No other adult male was at the bridge in that timeframe. He even had the blue jacket, jeans and gun that matched Libby's video. I just don't know why it took so long. Perhaps they had to be sure of the Kline connection to him which maybe Kline had been withholding? He said that he didn't know Allen and that showed as a lie on the lie detector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom