Jared Leisek from AWP Indicted for Charges Against Children

1667768252052.png
I am barely awake. On first cup of coffee and I refreshed my screen and ran into this. I am not done with it yet and haven't even absorbed it yet but wow. It is allegations by the AWP guy's sister.

Apparently he covered more of this previously that I never saw.

Just sharing--don't shoot the messenger.

I don't have an opinion yet as I am still watching, am not awake and this is all news to me...

Last edited by a moderator:
The new search and rescue dive team thread that is not about AWP anymore can be found here: Diving Teams that Search for the Missing (Both Professional and Amateur)

If you guys think I should delete all posts that were made prior about AWP, let me know. I deleted my own, but I don't like to remove others' without permission. If they were quoted, then both members will need to agree to the deletion.
I go a bit both ways about that. Jared has been under the radar long enough and it is the thread it related to the best when it came out and if someone comes along and Jared tries to revitalize AWP and another thing like Rodni puts them anew with new fame and followers that don't know then I think it may be a good thing it is in there. With just the thread on charges of Jared, they would have to look specifically for his name or the AWP initials only or never know about it. They were a dive team finding victims and the reason they failed (if they do) is relevant under he diving teams thread.
When you hear some of the incidents of Jared with families in these videos, I think maybe you will feel if someone came to this site and wanted to see what dive teams are out there or volunteer to find missing loved ones, a future victim's family members should know how Jared treated other families before they decide to choose them to look for their loved one...

On the other hand I do see that it does not relate generally necessarily to dive teams in general but they were and are well known and not all even now will have heard of these charges and some likely never will. In my opinion ALL should know who child sex offenders are who have been charged and these are vulnerable grieving families with children in many of these cases who may think Jared is a god who is helping them and entirely trustworthy.

I lean towards leaving them. I kind of talked it out to myself by typing it out. At least for now. Open to thoughts of others though as I likely haven't considered all. Tired, just got home actually a bit ago.

You'll be fine with what they say about Doug I think and what you are saying here is pretty close to what Kevin said. He knows more I think than either of us. He does say a few things about him getting caught up in thoughts of bigger things, more fame and $$ but he also says other not bad things about him, etc. Once you watch them you will see what I refer to and you can give your own take on whether you feel he was fair about Doug. I think all things considered, he was.

Jared may be the child molester but Jared and buddy/ies caused Sam and his family a lot of grief. Sam was NEVER paid a cent for all his time with Jared while Jared raked it in. Doug was paid. That is covered too. And there are others that were not paid and others who have stayed silent that no longer are.

AWP is about MONEY not victims. Jared is about MONEY not victims. Just wait until you hear those stories. HOWEVER, many people that worked for Jared, many unpaid were NOT about money and were about helping people. And found that is NOT where they were and that it was NOT what Jared was about at all.

Doug didn't leave over it. These people did.

Does he deserve to have it hang over his head? Of course not. And had he known Jared did this (the child charges), he would have likely been NOT OKAY with that at all.

I think everyone will find some new ones to follow that they like just as well or better who DO embrace the right principles. They seem abundant just in the ones that were formerly with Jared or knew him.

There is a Heavy D reference in the video you may find interesting. Relating to Doug.

I don't disagree with your post. The only thing I would say, is that the others left as Doug was coming in. Kevin said that. The people before Sam left,apart from Dan, weren't paid. The people after Sam were all paid. From Sam's video, I got the impression that he didn't realise that Jared was ripping off the public, and Kyler seemed like he was a little disappointed in his father when he took it to him.
I would like to think that Jared pulled the wool over all their eyes, and i really hope Doug wasn't complicit in fleecing people, from what I can tell he is an employee and whilst he is the lead diver, and definitely has himself a bit of a hero complex, he isn't in charge and the profit doesn't go to anyone but Jared.
Maybe he is feeling as stupid and as used as the rest of the team. Maybe not.

Re the Rodni search, I hadn't mentioned it at the time but I'd found it very odd that Jared wasn't there. And I remember that in a subsequent interview following the discovery, he said he was (still) on vacation, but lately, I've heard that he'd been noticeably absent from AWP videos since about the prior February.
Totally agree about Doug. I'd stopped watching AWP videos long before the Rodni case, but I guess I'd say it's that case where the exploitation and manipulation is most blatant to me.
Anyway, if Doug claims he was unaware of Jared's circumstance, I'd find that hard to believe.
Kevin doesn't tear him apart but he makes it clear that EVERY member on that team or with AWP was guilty with regard to Rodni and at least in that case in that respect. It was very obvious to me. I saw Doug's first hype about it LIVE and I couldn't believe the way it was just taken as fact and to mean foul play, etc.

I can't recommend enough watching Kevin's (IckdMel or however you spell it is the host) and Sam's and THEN Sam's son's videos that I linked above.

I think Jared knew very well what he was doing putting Doug out there playing like his lack of having dealt with dead bodies as much etc. AND I think it was planned and then Jared showed up (allegedly from vacation) and took right over and went on the circuit of shows. I will go so far as to say I think there is a VERY good chance they had something to do with this tow truck driver appearing out of the blue at about the same time.

Also, Jared knew there were people who knew some of the former stuff with him, sending Doug out first well kind of paved the way for all to fall right in with Rodni. People were SCREAMING about Kiely's mom not giving Jared the reward money and Jared became the HUMBLE victim. Makes me GAG.

There is so much more... I don't get a lot of time to watch videos but honestly these are a MUST watch imo to be up on the history and things here and WHY so many didn't know about it and still don't. Not the child charges, the OTHER stuff that fans new and old should have been or should now be aware of. I knew much of it but there were things I hadn't heard before. And I doubt they even now have shared all.

From what I can gather, Jared told the team that they might hear some accusations about him from his family that they wouldn't like. They all say he never told them what the accusations were, and he obviously didnt tell them he would possibly be indicted. I don't think it's fair to say Doug must have known, and why only Doug?. Even Kevin, who said less than favourable things about Doug, said there is no way Doug knew, and if he had then Jared would've ended up in the hospital. Its fair enough to condemn Doug for going along with Jared re Kiely, I believe he was manipulated like the others, but he let the praise and the army of fans go to his head too, however that is completely different to implying that he knew about the nature of any accusations, imo its unfair.
Yes he stood up for Doug big time in that respect and said the people that think he knew were likely wrong as Doug would NEVER tolerate a child molestor. He would other tings but not a molester. Apparently also Doug has a prison background of some sort. Not a judgment, just appears to be the case. I have no idea for what. As I said, these videos cover a lot all while throwing NO ONE under the bus except Jared. Imo.

Looks like we're a tad split on what Doug may or may not have known. His video about the charges was pretty vague, but it could be he signed some kind of confidentiality agreement that Jared could have insisted on after Sam left and was expressing his frustrations about Jared. Or, maybe Doug did know something or everything. One thing for sure, we don't know what he knew or what went on in his mind. Seems like we'll know more after this period of time where everyone is trying to save their own reputations and distance themselves from Jared.
I must have missed something as I don't recall anyone here saying Doug knew? Pretty sure I didn't as I have no idea. He certainly knew a lot of former things about Jared though and the troubles with the others. AND participated if I have that right. I think out in the SM community some were saying he knew from what this Kevin said but I never knew that prior. I have no reason to think he knew about the child SA. Just making that clear.

Speaking of Doug, there's a new article out from People where he makes a statement:

I have a problem with this right here:

"These allegations are serious. What allegedly happened 30 years ago should not take away from the amazing work the team has done in this world over the past two years. The [courts] will write the ending of this story. The parties involved will have their voices heard," Bishop says

Is he talking about since HE has been there because AWP did not start finding people just two years ago! This negates the people/victims found and the team that did so long before Doug came into the picture. He needs to get and stay on one boat or the other or off of both imo and go his own way.

A bit of a side turn--Kevin also said a few things straight to Doug for if and when Doug hears it--don't doubt he has--that Jared should have never had Doug that many feet down in the water with the experience he has had and how DANGEROUS diving is even for experienced divers.

All of the team have been very careful not to address the allegations or mention Jared by name, and Josh hinted quite heavily in his video that they legally can't say anything. I think they all signed NDA's after Sam left. Doug seemed to use a lot of words to say hardly anything at all in his, but he did also allude to being silenced, and I don't think he is very good at articulating whilst also watching every word he says. Sam came right out in his video and said that he could call it what it was,rape and sexual assault, because he wasn't bound by any contract or agreement and he could say whatever he wanted.
I think Jared has them by the b**ls, at least for the minute.
Jared attacks. Jared threatens. Jared sues. He has also been able to attack and bring grief to others BECAUSE of manipulation and such a fan base that HAD no idea of who the true heroes always were who CARED.

I don't know if you have seen the Kevin one--he was former security with AWP and left when he knew Sam was leaving or just after/before. He said there were no NDAs for them. He also said Jared would try to sue but figures with what he has going on now, maybe he won't but typically it is what he would do. with Sam and him speaking out. Would normally go public with lies about THEM and lie to his fan base to get his fan base to harass and doubt them. However, he is former military, former LE and was also an engineer and as he put it he knows from being LE he is WELL within his rights to talk about it all and what he knows and perceived and how he recalls it. Doesn't stop Jared though. It is all in these videos as to WHY they didn't pursue it further telling the public about how Jared and AWP really operates after Sam quit, etc.

Anyhow, then Sam's son was the last one I watched and well worth it. He was 20 when he did a trip with AWP I think. Oh boy.... And he has wanted to tell the story but Jared already had everyone coming at his dad and family and Jared was too and knew if he did, his dad and family would just suffer more. And so he didn't. Now he has.

If Jared has a decent bone in his body, he should release all of them from the contract(s) so they can go back out there and use their expertise to help families again! Let's see if he does or not. I hate to say it, but I will be surprised if he does the right thing!
He doesn't. If he ever does that it will be to try to manipulate the public again and try to control the narrative.

I don't disagree with your post. The only thing I would say, is that the others left as Doug was coming in. Kevin said that. The people before Sam left,apart from Dan, weren't paid. The people after Sam were all paid. From Sam's video, I got the impression that he didn't realise that Jared was ripping off the public, and Kyler seemed like he was a little disappointed in his father when he took it to him.
I would like to think that Jared pulled the wool over all their eyes, and i really hope Doug wasn't complicit in fleecing people, from what I can tell he is an employee and whilst he is the lead diver, and definitely has himself a bit of a hero complex, he isn't in charge and the profit doesn't go to anyone but Jared.
Maybe he is feeling as stupid and as used as the rest of the team. Maybe not.
Not sure what you mean about Kyler disappointed when he took it to him. Took what to him? I found Sam and Kyler proud of each other. Have you watched the one Sam did when he left a few years ago? I saw it back then but haven't rewatched it now. When I saw it at the time it related to it made perfect sense to me and I could tell he held back. When they were together, Sam struck me as very real and caring and Jared never did and struck me as a cocky arse and a bit abrasive and rude. And that was in the filmed parts I caught, can't imagine even how bad he was off camera even though have heard plenty. People who believe in good give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good at least at heart too and I think that was Sam with Jared. Sam most definitely realized at least Jared's lies about things like breakdowns and needing money when he did his video back when he left. I remember that much for sure.

Anyone who jokes and hurls insults at and about people behind their back who are victims with missing loved ones and both desperate for and appreciative of their help and for whom AWP is often their last resort is NASTY. And while he could totally run AWP as a profitable business and still find missing people, he plays the broke game, the in need of money game, the help us help others game and yet people just assume SUCH an organization is entirely nonprofit and doing it out of the good of their hearts and that really falls on the public to to not ASSUME such things. BUT in fairness to those in the public who did fall for him/AWP, he77 Dr. Phil had them on as did former LE with YT channels. Now in fairness that was in relation to finding Rodni which they did but not a one is coming out against Jared yet now that I've heard.

It's like Doug, they won't quite go there because they all have egg on their face.

None of us have even mentioned that both guys said Jared was not honest with his wife either and told her half truths. We haven't really talked of how in Jared's emails, supposedly his wife knew about what he did to his cousin etc. and both of them were through it, over it, he was redeemed, etc. or WHATEVER it is he said. Any woman who stays with someone they KNOW raped a child I have a big problem with. HOWEVER, Jared lies as easily as he breathes so who knows... He may well have used her knowing to say to the cousin OR he may well have lied to the wife about details, ages, or something. BUT if this woman is standing behind him now, she needs to really take a GOOD look at doing so and think about getting out. If he is telling the truth and she knew then she really needs some serous help but the decision to stay with such a man is on her.

Talking of her isn't even worth it which is why I haven't mentioned it until now.

This girl was grade school age and not even close to middle school age. GRADE school. Where he was about to finish high school. She was a baby. He didn't even go after a younger high school girl or even a middle school girl, he took a CHILD and then he also chose incest! I could get really nasty now with a few other thoughts but I had better stop.

How long have he and his wife dated and been together.... No idea.

One last sickening thought. The people who donated to what they thought was a good cause will now likely be ahving their money used to defend his defense agent child SA allegations. So rather than funding a good cause they funded a child predator/rapist. Knowing Jared, he gets a kick out of such a thought. !#%!#$!%!#$!#$

All emphasis not at you or anyone, just my emphasis over Jared and my heated opinion of him.

Had the time to watch a couple of videos tonight. First I watched Josh Cantu. Sounds like he is devastated and concerned about where he’s gonna go from here. I can’t even imagine thinking that things are really taking off and then you’ve been totally deceived by your leader. But wait, maybe I can.

Then I watched Sam’s video from a year ago. What a sweet guy! It’s almost like he was giving Jared a premonition but he had no idea what Jared had done. This video really reminded me of a situation that I was in a few years ago. Sometimes you have to let go of all the fanfare and sort it all out and decide who you are and stop heading in the wrong direction with the wrong people. And believe me, it is really really hard to make those kinds of changes. Kudos to Sam and everyone else who were able to stop and realize they were going in the wrong direction.

Had the time to watch a couple of videos tonight. First I watched Josh Cantu. Sounds like he is devastated and concerned about where he’s gonna go from here. I can’t even imagine thinking that things are really taking off and then you’ve been totally deceived by your leader. But wait, maybe I can.

Then I watched Sam’s video from a year ago. What a sweet guy! It’s almost like he was giving Jared a premonition but he had no idea what Jared had done. This video really reminded me of a situation that I was in a few years ago. Sometimes you have to let go of all the fanfare and sort it all out and decide who you are and stop heading in the wrong direction with the wrong people. And believe me, it is really really hard to make those kinds of changes. Kudos to Sam and everyone else who were able to stop and realize they were going in the wrong direction.

I know you like Doug but Sam was soooo likable and I think the reason most people did watch AWP back then. Imo.

I just started one with Nick Rinn and he had Josh Cantu over to help him set up who may come back in on it I don't know yet. Nick so far has not even mentioned AWP but is talking more of his music and life, etc. and diving and other jobs and certifications he has, etc. I am sure the video is going to head to AWP but he hasn't got there yet.

Here it is for everyone. As I said, haven't watched it all yet myself.

Lol one of his videos he posted I guess over the years on his channel is a snake hunt in OR. Uhm no thanks to that one.

Boy some of these guys are overachievers I swear or have really lived interesting lives with many interests, talents and several careers, all of which are not small jobs, etc. I thought Kevin was interesting, this guy has music vidoes, snake hunting, rockets, flies drones, has his master electrician license, master scuba diving instructor certificate.. I feel like such a failure lol.

I know you like Doug but Sam was soooo likable and I think the reason most people did watch AWP back then. Imo.

I just started one with Nick Rinn and he had Josh Cantu over to help him set up who may come back in on it I don't know yet. Nick so far has not even mentioned AWP but is talking more of his music and life, etc. and diving and other jobs and certifications he has, etc. I am sure the video is going to head to AWP but he hasn't got there yet.

Here it is for everyone. As I said, haven't watched it all yet myself.

I just watched it and I just felt so sad. I watched a couple of others’ from the team earlier. They are trying so hard to build up their own channels and fill the hole that was left. I know exactly how that feels. You’re posting on it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip
Back