JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things jumped out at me when I read your post. First of all, those apartments weren't cheap. Who was paying for them? Charles left his life insurance policy to his sister Kay.

Secondly, I thought Chad lived in Rexburg? I could be wrong. But didn't he live around that area? At some point I want to try to figure out where all these players were originally from because they sure did travel the globe a lot.

The last time I was in Canada, about 20 years ago, it was required that we showed our birth certificate to get in. I don't know what the rules are now? I would think they're more stringent?

I do think the podcast lady's name is Linda. She is very good at thinking things through. I'm going to keep watching her podcast from now on!

Unless it has changed when we changed to needing a passport for Mexico and Canada (used to not need one for either) it is on the US side of coming back, you can leave no problem, those countries don't insist on the passport from US citizens, the last I knew anyhow. Our change was due to and after 09/11. I am just speculating by my thought was sending the kids even separately into Canada would be no problem with someone with a passport etc. or to meet someone. Total speculation but Linda's remark in one podcast of almost everything being in a straight line relating to Lori kind of really made me think that next in line is Canada and when I looked yet almost a straight line highway wise to one area.

The $$ all I can think of is Chad paid for the apartments. Otherwise, all still wonder what Alex did for work and where he came by money. Lori may have had a little bit if she did not blow it all. It is also why I wonder about school loans, etc., when one even has no credit, they can be easier to get by far than other loans...

I do think Chad and his wife were from Rexburg, pretty sure....

I watched this one last night and it was very interesting. You can't tell me Melani didn't wonder where the kids were? That's just nuts.

And the letter from Ian? He was afraid for his kids! Come on! The only thing I can think is that he really believes he's saving Melani from them.

Yes, I have even been going back on some of her podcasts in the past few weeks as she is very good and all I have watched are still pretty relevant. I have tried not to judge Melani and Ian because I did not know a whole lot about them but since the Dateline episode and listening to these other facts, I have decided they are entirely unbelievable.

I am not sure but I do wonder if both or at least Ian could not still be working for LE...? It would be a pretty good way to get Lori or even Melani to possibly open up, if they believe he is on their side. Probably far fetched but it has crossed my mind, or that they both are and have made some deal on M's part....

But more than that I think it more likely that M was far more involved than she claims in these beliefs and this "cult" and the info this Linda has put together, etc.

I mean even if not involved in the shooting, she was told Brandon was dark and then knew he was shot at and suspected who. Yet she does not run to LE, nope. She continues and even moves with them, etc. These are some strange and evil people the way it looks and leans.

Unless it has changed when we changed to needing a passport for Mexico and Canada (used to not need one for either) it is on the US side of coming back, you can leave no problem, those countries don't insist on the passport from US citizens, the last I knew anyhow. Our change was due to and after 09/11. I am just speculating by my thought was sending the kids even separately into Canada would be no problem with someone with a passport etc. or to meet someone. Total speculation but Linda's remark in one podcast of almost everything being in a straight line relating to Lori kind of really made me think that next in line is Canada and when I looked yet almost a straight line highway wise to one area.

The $$ all I can think of is Chad paid for the apartments. Otherwise, all still wonder what Alex did for work and where he came by money. Lori may have had a little bit if she did not blow it all. It is also why I wonder about school loans, etc., when one even has no credit, they can be easier to get by far than other loans...

I do think Chad and his wife were from Rexburg, pretty sure....
I think Chad paid for the apartments, too. #FollowTheMoney

Didn't Kay say that Lori contacted her about the life ins. she rec'd for Charles? I can't remember what she said about it, but it did give me the feeling Lori was none-too-pleased about it.

With Charles' death, Lori found that she was no longer the beneficiary of a $1 million life insurance policy that he had changed over to Woodcock with specific instructions.

That's when Woodcock says requests to see her grandson were denied.

"That was it, she just cut it off right there," Woodcock said.

I'm still trying to find what Kay says Lori wrote to her. Seems like it was a text, but I can't remember for sure.

I think Chad paid for the apartments, too. #FollowTheMoney

Didn't Kay say that Lori contacted her about the life ins. she rec'd for Charles? I can't remember what she said about it, but it did give me the feeling Lori was none-too-pleased about it.

Yes I just listened to that again on a podcast. It was Lori's last contact with Kay pretty sure. No motive there right (??). And close to JJ's last contact as well with them, they saw him once on facetime just before or after that and that was it. And they thought he was "coached".

Yes I just listened to that again on a podcast. It was Lori's last contact with Kay pretty sure. No motive there right (??). And close to JJ's last contact as well with them, they saw him once on facetime just before or after that and that was it. And they thought he was "coached".
That's right! They said he was looking off to the side and it seemed strange.

Charles told them that Lori didn't want JJ, remember that too?

Makes me sick - the whole thing! I hope they are able to make some serious arrests soon. I truly believe these people are extremely dangerous!

Chad lived in Salem, Idaho.

It brought her closer to Chad Daybell's home in Salem, Idaho, where he lived with his wife, Tammy Daybell.

From the same article I quoted above:

A couple of weeks after Charles' death, Woodcock said she received a text message from Lori that said: "Five kids and no money; his sister gets everything." The text message was the last time she heard from Lori. And she believes the money could be the reason the children are missing.

"She (Lori) puts a price on people and if they are no longer of value to her she eliminates them," Woodcock said. "To her, it's all about the dollars. It's about the fact we got the money and she did not. She was bound and determined to hurt us and she used J.J. That's been her revenge."

That's right! They said he was looking off to the side and it seemed strange.

Charles told them that Lori didn't want JJ, remember that too?

Makes me sick - the whole thing! I hope they are able to make some serious arrests soon. I truly believe these people are extremely dangerous!

I agree, I think most of us do. Even Melani and Ian, something is just wrong with this entire picture and all of them. Did you hear the one where Alex and Lori were ore or less physically fighting in the middle of the street not long before I think the kids disappeared? I get mixed up on all of the dates... I wonder if he was starting to realize what she had him doing(?) and questioning it? Just my own thought.

I agree, I think most of us do. Even Melani and Ian, something is just wrong with this entire picture and all of them. Did you hear the one where Alex and Lori were ore or less physically fighting in the middle of the street not long before I think the kids disappeared? I get mixed up on all of the dates... I wonder if he was starting to realize what she had him doing(?) and questioning it? Just my own thought.
No! Now I am going to look for that information.

Seems like every time I turn around, more information is out there!

No! Now I am going to look for that information.

Seems like every time I turn around, more information is out there!
Found it!

The article is from January and says the fight was about a year before. I was wondering if that's why Alex left to Arizona, but I guess not.

I'd like to know why he left and got married so suddenly. Was his wife-to-be ever in Idaho at all?

Alex marrying is a huge question mark in my mind. Has Linda done a podcast on Alex yet? If so, I haven't seen it.

Cox and Zulema Pastenes arrived to "Chapel of Love" in Las Vegas. The owner Sebastian Salas remembers arranging the ceremony, but he says his minister remembers the mood of the wedding.

"For my minister to be able to remember that and it’s been two and a half months and for him to be able to clearly tell me what stuck out to me the most was the lack of emotional response,” Salas recalled.

The wedding lasted no more than eight minutes. The only witness: The chapel's security guard because the two came alone. “They were very cold. It was business they just wanted to get in and get out,” Salas said.

The marriage certificate also shows something untraditional -- Alex took his new wife's last name. “Yeah that’s never happened, I’ve never heard that and this is a first,” Salas said.

I think the pool party happened the night Charles was murdered by Alex....

Right and the fight was before that, different residence, not sure how long before, maybe longer than I thought?

I find it ludicrous Lori accused him of bringing disgrace on the family (Alex) when one looks at how she is looked at these days! Supposedly Alex's marriage to Zulemes Pastenes (forgive me if I have the name wrong, just off of the top of my head) was very businesslike, no mush, no love behavior. You do know he took HER last name don't you? Could it get any odder?

I too thought I was up on most things but I keep running into stuff that I either forgot about or I never heard put "together". So sad about these children and I hope the are alive, but this case is anything but dull. SO MANY QUESTIONS and oddities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom