JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex marrying is a huge question mark in my mind. Has Linda done a podcast on Alex yet? If so, I haven't seen it.

Cox and Zulema Pastenes arrived to "Chapel of Love" in Las Vegas. The owner Sebastian Salas remembers arranging the ceremony, but he says his minister remembers the mood of the wedding.

"For my minister to be able to remember that and it’s been two and a half months and for him to be able to clearly tell me what stuck out to me the most was the lack of emotional response,” Salas recalled.

The wedding lasted no more than eight minutes. The only witness: The chapel's security guard because the two came alone. “They were very cold. It was business they just wanted to get in and get out,” Salas said.

The marriage certificate also shows something untraditional -- Alex took his new wife's last name. “Yeah that’s never happened, I’ve never heard that and this is a first,” Salas said.

Oh yes, I think I watched it yesterday, she has one or two centering more on Alex. I can see if I can find it for you. I was going to post everyone I watched in the past couple of days but I did not want to inundate this thread with all of them if others had already seen them before I watched them lol.

This all didn't just start last year with Chad, I'm afraid:

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.

Nothing suspicious or criminal was ever found on the video footage, Cheryl said, but she said something wasn’t right with Lori. During child custody hearings, Cheryl says Lori seemed to enjoy being in court and “all the drama” surrounding it.

I have never, in all my years, heard of a judge ordering cameras in the home for a child custody matter! The judge must have been alarmed for some reason!!!!!!

This all didn't just start last year with Chad, I'm afraid:

“She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl recalls.

Nothing suspicious or criminal was ever found on the video footage, Cheryl said, but she said something wasn’t right with Lori. During child custody hearings, Cheryl says Lori seemed to enjoy being in court and “all the drama” surrounding it.

I have never, in all my years, heard of a judge ordering cameras in the home for a child custody matter! The judge must have been alarmed for some reason!!!!!!

This was a very good read you linked, I knew some of this but not all of it either. I guess it just goes to show how much news is just bits and pieces and clips. The cameras make me wonder, it almost had to be about Joe Ryan and Tylee and custody didn't it? Or did Charles and Lori have problems that many years ago.

I meant to respond sooner but my stress over my delivery and checking on it took over lol.

This is the strangest case as Charles ex says, you think you know it, and then here comes another twist. It is also interesting that she found Lori odd through most of their years. From everything she says as well, I see absolutely no reason for her to have an agenda and find her very credible. I can't imagine their poor sons, even though they are adults, they still lost their father and were not even told the truth about it. And a stepbrother, etc.

Just circling back regarding Canada.... You're supposed to travel with their passport and/or birth certificate. If they aren't with a parent or legal guardian, you're supposed to have a letter of written permission. Of course...they don't always ask.

Children under the age of 18 are considered minors in Canada. They must follow the same rules to enter Canada as any other visitor.

Minors who try to enter Canada without the proper documents, or who are with adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s), will be checked more closely.

Border services officers are on alert for children who need protection and check very carefully for missing or runaway children. They may question you about children who come with you to Canada or question a child who travels alone. Make sure you have the proper documents with you.

If a minor child is travelling with one parent only
The parent should present:
  • the child’s passport
  • a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and
  • a letter of authorization, in English or French if possible, which is signed by the parent who is not travelling with them and lists:
    • the address and telephone number of the parent who is not travelling, and
    • a photocopy of that parent’s signed passport or national identity card.
If the parents are separated or divorced, and share custody of the child:
  • the parent travelling with the child should carry copies of the legal custody documents.
  • It is also best to have a letter of authorization from the other parent who has custody to take the child on a trip out of the country.
If the parents are separated or divorced and one of them has sole custody of the child:
  • the letter of authorization may be signed by that parent only and they should bring a copy of the custody decree.
If one of the child’s parents is deceased:
  • the travelling parent should bring a copy of the death certificate.
If a minor child is travelling with a legal guardian or adoptive parents
The child should have a copy of the guardianship papers or the adoption papers (whichever one applies).

If a minor child is travelling with a person other than their parents or legal guardian
The adult who is not the parent or legal guardian of the child should have written permission from the parents or guardians to supervise the child. The permission letter should include addresses and telephone numbers where the parents or legal guardian can be reached.

The letter does not need to be certified. A photocopy of the parents’ or legal guardian’s signed passports or national identity cards should be attached to the letter.

Note: The border services officer may not ask to see these documents when the child enters Canada. However, it is strongly recommended you bring them, in case that you are. The minor child will not be admitted to Canada if the officer is not convinced that the parents or legal guardian have authorized his stay.

Just circling back regarding Canada.... You're supposed to travel with their passport and/or birth certificate. If they aren't with a parent or legal guardian, you're supposed to have a letter of written permission. Of course...they don't always ask.

Children under the age of 18 are considered minors in Canada. They must follow the same rules to enter Canada as any other visitor.

Minors who try to enter Canada without the proper documents, or who are with adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s), will be checked more closely.

Border services officers are on alert for children who need protection and check very carefully for missing or runaway children. They may question you about children who come with you to Canada or question a child who travels alone. Make sure you have the proper documents with you.

If a minor child is travelling with one parent only
The parent should present:
  • the child’s passport
  • a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and
  • a letter of authorization, in English or French if possible, which is signed by the parent who is not travelling with them and lists:
    • the address and telephone number of the parent who is not travelling, and
    • a photocopy of that parent’s signed passport or national identity card.
If the parents are separated or divorced, and share custody of the child:
  • the parent travelling with the child should carry copies of the legal custody documents.
  • It is also best to have a letter of authorization from the other parent who has custody to take the child on a trip out of the country.
If the parents are separated or divorced and one of them has sole custody of the child:
  • the letter of authorization may be signed by that parent only and they should bring a copy of the custody decree.
If one of the child’s parents is deceased:
  • the travelling parent should bring a copy of the death certificate.
If a minor child is travelling with a legal guardian or adoptive parents
The child should have a copy of the guardianship papers or the adoption papers (whichever one applies).

If a minor child is travelling with a person other than their parents or legal guardian
The adult who is not the parent or legal guardian of the child should have written permission from the parents or guardians to supervise the child. The permission letter should include addresses and telephone numbers where the parents or legal guardian can be reached.

The letter does not need to be certified. A photocopy of the parents’ or legal guardian’s signed passports or national identity cards should be attached to the letter.

Note: The border services officer may not ask to see these documents when the child enters Canada. However, it is strongly recommended you bring them, in case that you are. The minor child will not be admitted to Canada if the officer is not convinced that the parents or legal guardian have authorized his stay.

Good information. Thank you. She probably could have shown that the other parent died. Food for thought, they might have been looked at but then depending on the day and the story, they might have went right through. However, even in my speculation, I would think our agencies would have checked this and know if that had happened. However, as the one podcaster points out, there has never been a ground search for these children, at least that we are aware of...

I watched this one last night and it was very interesting. You can't tell me Melani didn't wonder where the kids were? That's just nuts.

And the letter from Ian? He was afraid for his kids! Come on! The only thing I can think is that he really believes he's saving Melani from them.
I watched something that said Ian gave the computer to his ex wife awhile back and she found the document and gave it to authorities. Ian wasn’t protecting anyone. I just can’t remember where it was and how to copy it here.

I watched something that said Ian gave the computer to his ex wife awhile back and she found the document and gave it to authorities. Ian wasn’t protecting anyone. I just can’t remember where it was and how to copy it here.

I think that as well may have been in a Linda podcast. I have watched probably most of her last month's worth in the past few days? It sounds right to me, pretty sure I heard the same.

I didn't make myself clear, my bad. What I meant was that the reason he has turned around and is now protecting Melani is because he wants to help her. However, seems like her influence over him has greatly clouded his judgement. He was making better choices in the beginning of this nightmare.

How can he tell himself that "this" is overblown when two children are MISSING? I hope Ian has a wake-up call soon. I don't think Melani will....

I didn't make myself clear, my bad. What I meant was that the reason he has turned around and is now protecting Melani is because he wants to help her. However, seems like her influence over him has greatly clouded his judgement. He was making better choices in the beginning of this nightmare.

How can he tell himself that "this" is overblown when two children are MISSING? I hope Ian has a wake-up call soon. I don't think Melani will....
The podcast was awesome! These people scare me.
Ian said that Melanie cut him off from his family and for a whole week they were watching training videos and discussing the cults ideas and beliefs so maybe Ian has been brainwashed as well. Although, I still believe he and Melanie were cavalier in the interview. I also wonder if he is a part of it and trying to throw the police off the trail. (Too late buddy. I would say you are now considered a dark spirit.)

Because Chad determined Tylee to have a dark spirit and Lori was said not to want Jj, and because Alex was using Tylees Jeep, I would say the children have passed on. I don’t believe they are in Canada.

I really don't either. I wish they were but I agree. It is the closest route out of the country though without having to fly or drive too far.

I really don't either. I wish they were but I agree. It is the closest route out of the country though without having to fly or drive too far.
I understand but every account given of Tylee says she was feisty and independent and 17 years old. She would find a way to call Colby. IMO. Or run away.
Sure you could theorize she’s being held by some mountain folk preppers.
But she’s not. I just cannot see what good it would do for Lori to keep two dark spirits alive when her beliefs say they should be killed so their bodies could go on to heaven.
Sheesh...these people don’t read the same Bible I do!

I understand but every account given of Tylee says she was feisty and independent and 17 years old. She would find a way to call Colby. IMO. Or run away.
Sure you could theorize she’s being held by some mountain folk preppers.
But she’s not. I just cannot see what good it would do for Lori to keep two dark spirits alive when her beliefs say they should be killed so their bodies could go on to heaven.
Sheesh...these people don’t read the same Bible I do!
True. I believe also that they are not alive. I do, however, have times I try to think of alternatives. One thing that throws me is that JJ was listed as light so apparently he changed to dark.
While I don't see Tylee necessarily going along with her mom, I could see her taking care of JJ. She was supportive of her mom when Charles died and when at the police station when Charles was alive as well.
But sadly, I also believe they are not alive and have almost throughout, just even judging by the others dead around them, it is unlikely.
It is entirely different than all of the other deaths though, no one else "disappeared". They couldn't chance any more though is my guess...?

I think Chad paid for the apartments, too. #FollowTheMoney

Didn't Kay say that Lori contacted her about the life ins. she rec'd for Charles? I can't remember what she said about it, but it did give me the feeling Lori was none-too-pleased about it.

I am almost positive that Dateline mentioned that Chad had taken out a $500,000 life insurance policy on Tammy. Then , in a stunning coincidence (not) , she died 2 months later.

True. I believe also that they are not alive. I do, however, have times I try to think of alternatives. One thing that throws me is that JJ was listed as light so apparently he changed to dark.
While I don't see Tylee necessarily going along with her mom, I could see her taking care of JJ. She was supportive of her mom when Charles died and when at the police station when Charles was alive as well.
But sadly, I also believe they are not alive and have almost throughout, just even judging by the others dead around them, it is unlikely.
It is entirely different than all of the other deaths though, no one else "disappeared". They couldn't chance any more though is my guess...?
I could be very wrong but my thought from the beginning of following this case is Chad was all about money and scamming every person he could and then on July 22nd, take off to some unknown location. I felt Lori met him and it was just two peas in a pod. Both scammers. The fact that some people said she was so much fun or such a great mom only tells me she wasn’t at all mature and she was a fake. Chad was giving her new drama and a new adventure. Besides, she never called Colby to see if he was well. He was the one calling her. It’s just so hurtful and insane.

I could be very wrong but my thought from the beginning of following this case is Chad was all about money and scamming every person he could and then on July 22nd, take off to some unknown location. I felt Lori met him and it was just two peas in a pod. Both scammers. The fact that some people said she was so much fun or such a great mom only tells me she wasn’t at all mature and she was a fake. Chad was giving her new drama and a new adventure. Besides, she never called Colby to see if he was well. He was the one calling her. It’s just so hurtful and insane.

Can't argue with that. Colby says how loving she was and a good mother as does even JJ's grandmother. However, most don't really describe her that way and I get what you mean in that it sounds fake or a "role". I shouldn't judge by it, but part of my evaluation from early days is due to the fact she went for a bodybuilding competition and did not win, same with Mrs. Texas. It just seemed like she wanted to be "somebody". And then five marriages...? One to three would be one thing but that many at her age, in her 30s?? shows something, perhaps an inability to not get bored or something...?

Again, I try not to judge on those things but when you wrap that all up with the deaths around her and what has happened now, that is a different story...

Jmo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom