JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how a mortgage company supposedly called and corrected someone as to information on a loan. When I worked in mortgage lending, we could be fired for disclosing private information. Maybe it was an escrow company disclosing who was on the title? Anything recorded by the county is public information.
I'm a bit lost. Go figure. Nothing new.

I don't know that any mortgage company called if you mean Nate. Another "owner" did saying it was not only Prior owning it all.

And yeah, mortgages can be found in the county deed records office on any property.

As far as anyone talking mortgages, it is my guess that someone knew it that way, and the home listing says there is an assumbale mortgage, or possibly assumable.

I agree as far as a bank disclosing such to the public on their own, that is a no no.

Not sure we are talking of the same thing. Been doing laundry and dishes and busy so would have to look at my post you responded to. Maybe I wasn't very clear. Very possible. I don't think any bank called Nate, I think some additional owner did.

As far as a mortgage, that's just clear in the listing and someone probably perhaps also found one on record. No idea.

I'm a bit lost. Go figure. Nothing new.

I don't know that any mortgage company called if you mean Nate. Another "owner" did saying it was not only Prior owning it all.

And yeah, mortgages can be found in the county deed records office on any property.

As far as anyone talking mortgages, it is my guess that someone knew it that way, and the home listing says there is an assumbale mortgage, or possibly assumable.

I agree as far as a bank disclosing such to the public on their own, that is a no no.

Not sure we are talking of the same thing. Been doing laundry and dishes and busy so would have to look at my post you responded to. Maybe I wasn't very clear. Very possible. I don't think any bank called Nate, I think some additional owner did.

As far as a mortgage, that's just clear in the listing and someone probably perhaps also found one on record. No idea.
I thought I read in here that someone thought the mortgage company called. That’s all.

I watched Nate’s interview with the detectives. It was interesting. I don’t think that I learned anything new. But I like hearing from their perspective and experience.

I thought I read in here that someone thought the mortgage company called. That’s all.
I think I put it up as a hypotetical but then said I doubted it and could not see a bank doing that nor caring if it was said to be owned by Prior. I was going through the possibilities of another owner. I meant though if a bank, it made no sense they'd call to complain about it. So was exing them out. May not have been clear, who knows. Me I mean.

Not sure, but probably where it came from.

I watched Nate’s interview with the detectives. It was interesting. I don’t think that I learned anything new. But I like hearing from their perspective and experience.
Yeah for me, each person's take is their own. Each answer to each question a bit different, agree with the others but yes have their own perspective.

There was one or two minor things I felt new and think I noted them, not exactly new but maybe highlighted more. I forget.

They've all been good but I found this one a pretty darned good one. It was interesting how they came together now in different positions and the one is now sheriff.

I've been pretty impressed by this LE and prosecution bunch. They did one heck of a job with a voluminous mess of a case and many events and murders and jurisdictions.

Imo.

Just ran into this live. Joe's sister. Annie. I happened into it and have not heard much of a word of it other than landed on that she does not believe the Mexico trip with Alex and said Z even walked it back...

I don't think we will ever know all of the answers.in this one. She is now saying it all started with Julie Rowe she thinks. Jason Mow another... I don't know how long it will be and I know I wont' be able to watch all now, but it is live at the moment and for anyone interested...

Boy oh boy, hers can be long and not sure how long this one is or will be, but she touches on things that were not part of the cases, like the guilt of the Mels, etc. and far more. And i've probably listened to five minutes TOPS.

And Summer said she'd kill him herself... Never said who but then Charles died. And more.

'Also pointing out they NEVER took any of Mel G's and David's cell info.

it is too late for me to watch and ingest all of this but it isn't all new to me...

And even though Nate has interviewed many, almost every single one of them said they had to pick and choose what to go after, what rabbit holes to follow or leave behind, etc. to get the top dogs. I am paraphrasing but pretty much what most said...

I need to not go too deep into this because can't spend all night sharing it. Or listening...

OMG LMAO. ABout the stairs and if a second story and how Prior thought it would be his Johnny Cochran moment...

And by the way Nate's last interview, did you catch that @Kimster, they got CHad out of bed UPSTAIRS when they served the search warrant. that's one of the things that was new to me. There was new. They awoke him and he was UPSTAIRS. And it was pointed out by this detective and sheriff...

I hit the tail end of it which is good. I barely have necessities done and back to work tomorrow morn.

I would have probably kept watching had I seen from the start.

But her, Megan, others, there are so many others here, that at least were culpable before, during or after, or with knowledge and where such stemmed from too. And I saw like ten minutes. But I've also seen and listened to many before now.

Even LE alludes to such but can't quite go there.

OMG LMAO. ABout the stairs and if a second story and how Prior thought it would be his Johnny Cochran moment...

And by the way Nate's last interview, did you catch that @Kimster, they got CHad out of bed UPSTAIRS when they served the search warrant. that's one of the things that was new to me. There was new. They awoke him and he was UPSTAIRS. And it was pointed out by this detective and sheriff...
Yes. Hey, Prior tried his best.

Yes. Hey, Prior tried his best.
Yeah I guess but I couldn't really tell you what his defense was. He insinuated maybe Alex did it perhaps, but then he also had some questions re Mel G and never got the answers he wanted. He did get some from Zulema though. He just didn't have a lot of one strong theory the way I recall it. Oh and with Tammy it was her health of course.

Maybe did what he could but there really wasn't anything that strong is all. He put on more of one than Archibald but then Lori never let him. In a way it's too bad as we could have seen who argued another theory better, Archibald or Prior.

I haven't watched this yet but am linking. Colby on his mom, etc.

I may watch it now, have some time before work but unsure yet until more on top of getting ready.

Worth a watch just for first, he is still conflicted over his mom. Second, he gave his perspective on doing some memorial or park with Chad's "terrible" property. I have to say, I have total comprehension on his feelings about it and know that I would feel the same way. I have NO DOUBT. That said, he sees both sides and is respectful about it but you cannot take a place of HE77 and erase what happened there no matter what you do. He also does not want it made into a "circus" and more.

He then talks of the direction of his channels and seems it is not going to be for long anything about this case after a few things he'd like to get off his chest (paraphrasing) and then he will have his own direction. I'm not real clear on what that is other than I guess helping people and learning life in general, wasn't really clear to me.

HIs being conflicted about mom makes total sense and the thing about Chad's property, he was very well spoken about and the reasons why.

I haven't watched this yet but am linking. Colby on his mom, etc.

I may watch it now, have some time before work but unsure yet until more on top of getting ready.

I watched it. I’m glad I did. It actually helped me with a past family issue. He has some of the same feelings that I had.

I like Colby and wish him and his family all the best.

I watched it. I’m glad I did. It actually helped me with a past family issue. He has some of the same feelings that I had.

I like Colby and wish him and his family all the best.
Yeah as you saw, so did I watch it after this post you responded to where I hadn't yet.

Nothing new or earth shattering in it but it was GOOD and it's understandable re his mom and just so people who don't watch know,, in no way is he like all about his mom, forgiven her nor has he seen her, etc. He just gets conflicted and then processing it all and testimony and even her statement in her own trial, all this comes in too and has to be processed while he's dealing with ongoing publicity and things that keep coming from these cases for years, and more. Had to testify in both and you name it. I'd say it will take some years of calm.

I LIKE the name too, the Scar Wars. Seriously, I thought it was perfect although to listen to him their channel is not going to be about all this and only this at all, and not even for long. Again, not real sure of what his thoughts are but maybe just getting through life and doing better after having been scarred. Not sure.

The part I probably had most interest in, because I knew some on the Lori thing over the years, I think he's had conflicting feelings, heck haven't many family members of those two? Other than maybe the Daybell children. But the part I had the most interest in was what he had to say about the Daybell property. It is clear, was it to you, imo, he wants no such thing there. He didn't say he could order such, or it was his right, or that he did not understand maybe the owner means well, but he also did not say it won't be or could['t be some kind of circus. I'd feel the same. He was respectful about it but they claimed to the public they would take into account the family members wishes, and he wishes no such thing.

Would you agree?

I think the whole way they want to be nonprofit and made it look as if wanted to be anonymous and wanted no credit but then got this leaked is sketchy. I don't like it. Isn't my right either and I know I'd never WANT SUCH on somewhere anywhere a family member of mine was murdered or buried so callously and without care or concern. NEVER.

They could own it though and make it something with absolutely no tie to the case. Why not do that? Personally I'd raze everything if I could afford to, and had I bought it, and I'd plant nothing but wildflowers and maybe put some trails in with not a thing pointing to where a single building was or burial site was. Or make it entirely forested. Or make it fully a wheat field or something every single year. Corn and leave it up to feed the deer. Raze everything, till it all, etc.

However, I suspect the nonprofit thing is part of this... And to get attention and something from it well tying to this may have something to do with it.

He said NOTHING like that but then I'm cynical. He did say did not want a circus though...

Anyhow I watched Colby back when and I find him much different today than then. There were things that bothered me more back when, he's matured a lot imo now from where he was at. I thought their intent was not always the truest at times but I also have always understood this "kid" was raised by Lori and basically on his own at 18 although he did still turn to for money but then when on your own at that age and not taught how to survive, that's also not that unusual.

They've been through a lot and it isn't hard to believe and I've seen them with them in some over the years, that he's a far better parent than Lori ever was already. He's still quite young and I hope he comes through. I think they are more solid than before or at least that is the feeling I get.

And for one, this video imo, one felt that. It was a GOOD video, just solid, and fair and nothing aside from discussing those two key things and getting the channel going, and all very thought out and measured. And again, fair.

ST. ANTHONY — A judge has found there are “extraordinary circumstances” in Chad Daybell’s case and granted his appellate attorney’s request for more time in filing for post-conviction relief.

During a hearing Wednesday morning, Judge Steven Boyce heard argument from Ian Thomson, one of Daybell’s three Idaho appellate public defenders. The judge denied a request to allow video or still photographers in the courtroom and the hearing was not livestreamed on his YouTube channel.

Daybell said nothing during the hearing as he appeared via Zoom from the Idaho Maximum Security Institution in Boise wearing a dark green jumpsuit.

Thomas listed multiple reasons why more time is needed to effectively file for post-conviction relief, which is a process wherein a defendant asks the court to vacate or modify a judgment of conviction, or to reduce or modify a sentence.

“We are clearly committed to Mr. Daybell and giving him the very best representation we can,” Thomson said. “We also know the restraints under which we operate and we are going to do our best to meet both.”

In death penalty cases in Idaho, a motion for post-conviction relief must be filed within 42 days of someone receiving their sentence. Hearings and a ruling from a judge must then be complete within 90 days, meaning post-conviction relief in Daybell’s case had to be wrapped up by Oct. 15.

Thomson noted the enormous amount of evidence his team needs to go through, including 16,800 pages of trial transcripts and 12,700 gigabytes (18,000 CDs) of other information. His office is also handling seven other death penalty cases and the attorneys have been working with Daybell less than three months.

The problem with death penalty cases is that the appeals go on forever and ever.

ST. ANTHONY — A judge has found there are “extraordinary circumstances” in Chad Daybell’s case and granted his appellate attorney’s request for more time in filing for post-conviction relief.

During a hearing Wednesday morning, Judge Steven Boyce heard argument from Ian Thomson, one of Daybell’s three Idaho appellate public defenders. The judge denied a request to allow video or still photographers in the courtroom and the hearing was not livestreamed on his YouTube channel.

Daybell said nothing during the hearing as he appeared via Zoom from the Idaho Maximum Security Institution in Boise wearing a dark green jumpsuit.

Thomas listed multiple reasons why more time is needed to effectively file for post-conviction relief, which is a process wherein a defendant asks the court to vacate or modify a judgment of conviction, or to reduce or modify a sentence.

“We are clearly committed to Mr. Daybell and giving him the very best representation we can,” Thomson said. “We also know the restraints under which we operate and we are going to do our best to meet both.”

In death penalty cases in Idaho, a motion for post-conviction relief must be filed within 42 days of someone receiving their sentence. Hearings and a ruling from a judge must then be complete within 90 days, meaning post-conviction relief in Daybell’s case had to be wrapped up by Oct. 15.

Thomson noted the enormous amount of evidence his team needs to go through, including 16,800 pages of trial transcripts and 12,700 gigabytes (18,000 CDs) of other information. His office is also handling seven other death penalty cases and the attorneys have been working with Daybell less than three months.

The problem with death penalty cases is that the appeals go on forever and ever.
Yeah, there will be endless appeals. There are though too quite often in life sentences as well. Doesn't work exactly the same though I know.

I don't care if they give them more time. Imo as long as he resides in prison while such go on, I'd guess that's all the family cares about too.

I also would say Judge Boyce was VERY BY THE LAWS and BY THE BOOK and I see little in Chad's case that would result in a win of any kind on appeal.

The only thing maybe of some question is how much came in about other crimes like he death of Charles and shooting of Brandon, etc. but I think all relate enough that that's a long shot too.

And if I had to guess, I'd say there was probably more in Loris to appeal than in Chad's. Speedy trial for one. It wasn't so late that it likely wouldn't be won but they will likely try it. IF she appeals.

Thought Archibald said it would be but then that's also up to Lori and she didn't allow a defense...

I;'d guess that key victim family members were on board with the DP being sought and so in turn to me, that also means they knew there'd be years of appeals. It could have been solely the State's decision due to the horrific crimes but I am pretty sure people like Kay and Larry were consulted.

This is an older phone call just as a heads up. Haven't watched all yet but know that much. I think I've maybe heard it before but going to listen anyhow. It's only 12 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom