JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
An article about what a neighbor observed:

Matthew recognized the area where investigators brought in a backhoe to dig a deep hole, where it appears they recovered the children's remains.

Now that he thinks back, he is remembering some incidents that stand out in that exact spot.

"We noticed they were having a few bonfires that were kind of out of the ordinary," he explained. "They had a big bonfire last fall, and they had two or three big bonfires this spring."

Last fall, no one knew about the disappearance of JJ and Tylee. Matthew described that things seemed okay, aside from the bonfires, but that he did have one weird interaction with Chad.

He said Chad and his late wife, Tammy Daybell, came over to his house to buy pumpkins.

"He was strange, he was different," Matthew described. "He didn't talk a lot, didn't make eye contact with us very much. Normally he would."

Matthew said it was very out of character, but he figured Chad was having a bad day. He said Tammy died a week later.

Eventually, Matthew learned about the search for JJ and Tylee, and the investigation into Chad Daybell and his new wife Lori Vallow Daybell, JJ and Tylee's mother.

After Lori ended up in jail in nearby Madison County, Chad returned to his Salem home. Matt recalled that Chad kept to himself for the last couple of months, barely leaving the house.

He said when Chad did leave the house, it was late at night.

Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours. Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him."

Matthew recognized the area where investigators brought in a backhoe to dig a deep hole, where it appears they recovered the children's remains.

Now that he thinks back, he is remembering some incidents that stand out in that exact spot.

"We noticed they were having a few bonfires that were kind of out of the ordinary," he explained. "They had a big bonfire last fall, and they had two or three big bonfires this spring."

Last fall, no one knew about the disappearance of JJ and Tylee. Matthew described that things seemed okay, aside from the bonfires, but that he did have one weird interaction with Chad.

He said Chad and his late wife, Tammy Daybell, came over to his house to buy pumpkins.

"He was strange, he was different," Matthew described. "He didn't talk a lot, didn't make eye contact with us very much. Normally he would."

Matthew said it was very out of character, but he figured Chad was having a bad day. He said Tammy died a week later.

Eventually, Matthew learned about the search for JJ and Tylee, and the investigation into Chad Daybell and his new wife Lori Vallow Daybell, JJ and Tylee's mother.

After Lori ended up in jail in nearby Madison County, Chad returned to his Salem home. Matt recalled that Chad kept to himself for the last couple of months, barely leaving the house.

Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours. Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him."

I wonder who he means by "they" both in spriing and fall. It is just a term or did he see one or several people out there? Also, the part about "all of Chad's adult children" having to leave the house, I wouldn't think they would be there? I thought he had like maybe one younger son at home? I have wondered about one of Chad's children discovering something and doing the right thing... This also, last thing I noticed, goes against what his attorney said yesterday at hearing, that he did not try to run, etc. where this said he left and they put on lights and sirens to go after him and catch him... Interesting. It will be interesting to see what pans out to be true in this case.

Seems that he tried to leave when they were investigating the spot where he knew they were.

Do you recall where Chad was when the children 'disappeared'? It's been difficult to keep all of this organized in my head. :rolleyes:
I don't think there are definite dates on when they disappeared. Just dates lasts seen. Who knows if it is true but I think Chad finally admitted to meeting JJ like once. We do know JJ was in Rexburg because Melani Gibb said Alex was watching him and he was around. If one looks at it this way, at least JJ was seen til something like September 22 or 23, Tammy was dead just a short time later, all in Rexburg, I believe... My guess is Chad was around... Tylee we don't have as much info on. Neither kid seemed to be around when Lori gave Chad's kids cookies when their mom died and by then those dates last seen had passed.... I know he was at the storage unit with Lori before Tammy died and on the day like after I think that Brandon was shot at? I can't swear I have all of this correct, like we all know, the timeline and so many events and people in this case make it difficult. I tend to believe Tylee was killed first and earlier (even though who knows, could have been same time) not just because of the date she is last known to be seen but because she was listed as very dark and JJ was not early on. All I can guess is she was figuring things out OR Chad just wanted her gone... ? Or Lori. Not like she was not still accessing her account or still having her Jeep after Tylee disappeared... Money and assets?

It bothers me when people suddenly "remember" all of this stuff after bodies are found.

Children are missing and your neighbors are psycho. Maybe report these "huge bonfires" a little sooner eh?

Also there have been several cases where people have come forward to say, "Oh, yeah I heard a woman screaming that night" but never reported it at the time.

It bothers me when people suddenly "remember" all of this stuff after bodies are found.

Children are missing and your neighbors are psycho. Maybe report these "huge bonfires" a little sooner eh?

Also there have been several cases where people have come forward to say, "Oh, yeah I heard a woman screaming that night" but never reported it at the time.
Huge bonfires in rural areas are hardly something people would call in for. If they aren't near any buildings and staying contained, there is nothing to report.

Huge bonfires in rural areas are hardly something people would call in for. If they aren't near any buildings and staying contained, there is nothing to report.

I grew up in an extremely rural area. I know bonfires are not uncommon. But if my neighbors children were MISSING and I remember them having "huge" bonfires that were "out of the ordinary"....yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to report that.

"We noticed they were having a few bonfires that were kind of out of the ordinary," he explained.

I grew up in an extremely rural area. I know bonfires are not uncommon. But if my neighbors children were MISSING and I remember them having "huge" bonfires that were "out of the ordinary"....yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to report that.
he also said he didn't know that the kids were missing. He might have forgotten about any bonfires there until they were digging there in hindsight or he could also just be full of ...

he also said he didn't know that the kids were missing. He might have forgotten about any bonfires there until they were digging there in hindsight or he could also just be full of ...
I think it likely a bit of both. As far as last fall, none of us even heard about this until the Woodcocks asked for a welfare check on the children and that was on Lori, not Chad and not until December. I doubt the neighbors had a clue. As for this spring and what just was found, we were all shocked and it was the last place we expected them to be. I think bonfire may be a bit exaggerated possibly as well. I myself (at least in our hick rural area) consider a bonfire not something in a fire ring, no matter how large of a ring. Not that we know that is where any of this occurred in this case but we all have seen one... He also likely knew the wife worked as a librarian for the school, etc., someone said, a neighbor, he kept his yard decent, etc. Hindsight is a funny thing. If I had the hindsight in my life ahead of time (like that makes sense right??) oh could it have saved me a lot of problems... When people ask would you like to be 20 or 30 again? My answer is ONLY if I knew what I know now. However, people that actually hear a woman screaming or see her getting abused, or a child being abducted that do nothing?? Now that, I can't understand. Jmo though.

Justin Lum on Twitter--this is from four hours ago!! Does this mean tomorrow morning and could it mean more charges??

"PRELIM: Officially set for July 1-2. Chad Daybell will appear in court again at 9AM MDT. He faces two counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Question is if more charges could be on the way. #fox10phoenix" Again, this is from TODAY.

Justin Lum on Twitter--this is from four hours ago!! Does this mean tomorrow morning and could it mean more charges??

"PRELIM: Officially set for July 1-2. Chad Daybell will appear in court again at 9AM MDT. He faces two counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Question is if more charges could be on the way. #fox10phoenix" Again, this is from TODAY.

No. 9am on July 1 + 2.

No. 9am on July 1 + 2.

Thank you. I thought since it was not posted until today a few hours ago that it was something new. I ready quickly and I thought I read originally not "officially" . Okay, I should probably delete it not to throw anyone off, feel free if need be. Then the "new charge" bit excited me which is not usually part of a preliminary I didn't think. I guess I was hopeful that quickly they were adding more charges already possibly.

So heartwarming they are all supporting each other. This sounds like everyone, even her parents, and all except possibly her and Chad's children. Hard times for them and the loss of both parents more than likely with Chad now arrested and probably going away for a long time when more charges come forth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom