LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:

How did I miss that this was already here when I posted the one I found? I think because I came across it and hadn't been here and came to share it but I still never saw these posts from you with this until this moment. I'd never have shared the one from that channel I don't even like had I seen it. I couldn't even finish theirs, the reading of the transcript was one thing but their opining was sooo biased and unprofessional imo.

I haven't even read your link yet but just saw that this is probably the release of the transcript and that timewise it was here before I posted.

Can't see how I missed it unless at the time I landed on a new page.

Well anyhow, came in now to catch up before off to other things and saw it and just clearing that up. One day maybe I will have a life where I can keep up lol. Not looking like it but I can hope.

So now we have the transcript anyhow of the in chambers "meeting"...The Delphi case just keeps on giving... And not in a good way...

Oh now forget what I just said. I am out of order in here or something. Now I see I did put it up before that or did I. I was looking at a response. Well regardless, they all cover the news I guess. I have no idea where I'm at and think I need to go a page or so up and read down. Sorry.

I agree GrandmaBear. There were things I didn't know as well and Rozzi said he doesn't even care about any of the leaks!
Yes! I don't see it at all the way most out there are playing this. She cited many things I did not know and I think covered her concerns and reasons well.

There was also the part in the beginning where they brought up a big lock on the conference room door and all these other measure they have taken or will take (AFTER the facts and all the instances) and so judge (before any of this is addressed by her, she went to motions first after that) so please judge is this good enough type of thing... These two look WORSE yet to me now, the old D. This doesn't help them at ALL imo. AND she did NOT remove them.

The IN SC if a serious court is not going to rule all defense if you ask me. UNLESS politics or an agenda play in which would be tragic. Part of it may come down to of course Allen's rights to counsel BUT there is a lot of evidence imo here they do NOT have his best interests at hearts or you wouldn't just for one be careless with HIS FILE. I am also beginningto suspect they talked him out of changing his plea to guilty. Can't prove it of course but these two attorneys smell, in fact they reek.

And yeah, those who think Rozzi is better or to be excused, I disagree. There were too many instances AND yeah a few things he said...!

I only wish we could hear voices in this to hear tone, sarcasm, fake concern, etc.

I have to go and will be only further behind next time I ever get back to this but good points! I see it the same!

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - The Allen county judge who was brought in to oversee the Delphi Murders case is currently working from home. Court officials say she was treated for an urgent medical condition earlier this month. We’re told she spent several days in the hospital for inpatient treatment before she was released.

According to a statement from the court Judge Gull’s fellow Criminal Division Judges are handling her court calendar temporarily. A court official tells 21Alive Gull is still overseeing the Delphi murders case.

The trial is scheduled to take place in October of 2024.

Allen County Judge Fran Gull, appointed as the special judge in the Delphi murders case.

Allen County Judge Fran Gull, appointed as the special judge in the Delphi murders case.(WTHR)

“After feeling under the weather for several days, Judge Gull consulted with her physician on Nov. 2, 2023. Her doctor concluded that she required treatment for an urgent medical condition. Judge Gull was subsequently admitted to a Fort Wayne hospital for inpatient treatment for several days. Since then, she has been working from home in coordination with her Allen Superior Court colleagues. Her fellow Criminal Division Judges are handling Judge Gull’s court calendar temporarily until she returns to the office, which she expects to be soon.”

Allen Superior Court Statement

I thought she sounded breathless when she spoke in court immediately after the meeting in chambers on the 19th Oct. This says she had felt unwell for several days before the 2nd Nov.

I think she should stand down.

Last edited:

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA) - The Allen county judge who was brought in to oversee the Delphi Murders case is currently working from home. Court officials say she was treated for an urgent medical condition earlier this month. We’re told she spent several days in the hospital for inpatient treatment before she was released.

According to a statement from the court Judge Gull’s fellow Criminal Division Judges are handling her court calendar temporarily. A court official tells 21Alive Gull is still overseeing the Delphi murders case.

The trial is scheduled to take place in October of 2024.

Allen County Judge Fran Gull, appointed as the special judge in the Delphi murders case.

Allen County Judge Fran Gull, appointed as the special judge in the Delphi murders case.(WTHR)

“After feeling under the weather for several days, Judge Gull consulted with her physician on Nov. 2, 2023. Her doctor concluded that she required treatment for an urgent medical condition. Judge Gull was subsequently admitted to a Fort Wayne hospital for inpatient treatment for several days. Since then, she has been working from home in coordination with her Allen Superior Court colleagues. Her fellow Criminal Division Judges are handling Judge Gull’s court calendar temporarily until she returns to the office, which she expects to be soon.”

Allen Superior Court Statement

I thought she sounded breathless when she spoke in court immediately after the meeting in chambers on the 19th Oct. This says she had felt unwell for several days before the 2nd Nov.

I think she should stand down.
She should stand down why? Because of her health? Or for other reasons?

She should stand down why? Because of her health? Or for other reasons?
Her health mainly but other criticisms too. Others have been doing her work for almost the last two months.

It says she is currently working from home so she clearly is not doing any work in the courtroom at present.

I am beginning to get worried - we don't want any more deaths in this case.

He's finally been arrested and charged. About time.

It took me ages to get the booking photo into the article. It just would not copy in with the text for some reason, so in the end I had to screenshot the photo separately from within the article, then insert my screenshot. Got there in the end.

Westfield man charged in Delphi murders evidence leak

Matt Christy
2 hours ago
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — A friend and former co-worker of attorney Andrew Baldwin, who was one-half of accused Delphi murderer Richard Allen’s original defense team, is being charged after he admitted to taking photos of sensitive crime scene evidence related to the Delphi murders and leaking the photos online.
Mitchell Westerman, 41, of Westfield is charged with one count of conversion, a Class A misdemeanor.
Judge calls Richard Allen’s original defense team “grossly negligent”

According to court documents, Westerman once was employed at Baldwin’s law firm and the two have been friends for several years. Westerman no longer works with Baldwin but said he frequently stopped by the office to visit with Baldwin and the staff.

Screenshot_20231122-214911_Chrome.jpg
Westerman-mug.jpg

Booking photo of Mitchell Westerman

On Oct. 5, law enforcement were notified of a leak in evidence related to the slayings of Libby German and Abby Williams in Delphi in February of 2017. The evidence, including sensitive crime scenes photos, had been spread online and distributed to Youtube and podcast content creators.
Judge overseeing Delphi murders case against Richard Allen suffers ‘urgent medical condition’
On Oct. 9, Westerman reportedly contacted Baldwin and admitted to being behind the leak. Westerman told Baldwin that he had stopped by the law firm’s office and found evidence photos related to the Delphi case spread out in Baldwin’s conference room. Westerman admitted to using his phone to take photographs of the evidence and then sharing those photos with a Fishers man.

Investigators determined the Fishers man then shared the evidence with a man from Texas who, in turn, forwarded the evidence to various YouTube and podcast creators.

According to court documents, the Fishers man ended up taking his own life after being questioned by police about the evidence leak.

Westerman admitted in a sworn statement that Baldwin did not give him permission to take photographs of the crime scene evidence he found in the conference room of the law firm’s office. He also said Baldwin was not present in the conference room when he took the photos.

Brad Rozzi, the other half of Allen’s original defense team, called Westerman’s actions “theft” due to him not having permission from either of the attorneys to take photographs of the evidence let alone share the sensitive information with others.

Emails reveal details in Delphi murders evidence leak
The Delphi evidence leak has caused a flood of problems for the highly publicized murder case, including playing a major role in Judge Fran Gull removing both Rozzi and Baldwin from the case after calling their actions “grossly negligent.”

Baldwin previously called the leak by Westerman a “betrayal” and said he has since kept all Delphi documents and files in locked cabinets.
Both Baldwin and Rozzi continue to plead their case to the Indiana Supreme Court to be reinstated as Allen’s legal counsel while also calling for Judge Gull to be thrown from the case.
Allen’s trial, originally set for January, now likely will not begin until October or November.

Last edited:
He's finally been arrested and charged. About time.

It took me ages to get the booking photo into the article. It just would not copy in with the text for some reason, so in the end I had to screenshot the photo separately from within the article, then insert my screenshot. Got there in the end.

Westfield man charged in Delphi murders evidence leak

Matt Christy
2 hours ago
CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — A friend and former co-worker of attorney Andrew Baldwin, who was one-half of accused Delphi murderer Richard Allen’s original defense team, is being charged after he admitted to taking photos of sensitive crime scene evidence related to the Delphi murders and leaking the photos online.
Mitchell Westerman, 41, of Westfield is charged with one count of conversion, a Class A misdemeanor.
Judge calls Richard Allen’s original defense team “grossly negligent”

According to court documents, Westerman once was employed at Baldwin’s law firm and the two have been friends for several years. Westerman no longer works with Baldwin but said he frequently stopped by the office to visit with Baldwin and the staff.

View attachment 20749
Westerman-mug.jpg

Booking photo of Mitchell Westerman

On Oct. 5, law enforcement were notified of a leak in evidence related to the slayings of Libby German and Abby Williams in Delphi in February of 2017. The evidence, including sensitive crime scenes photos, had been spread online and distributed to Youtube and podcast content creators.
Judge overseeing Delphi murders case against Richard Allen suffers ‘urgent medical condition’
On Oct. 9, Westerman reportedly contacted Baldwin and admitted to being behind the leak. Westerman told Baldwin that he had stopped by the law firm’s office and found evidence photos related to the Delphi case spread out in Baldwin’s conference room. Westerman admitted to using his phone to take photographs of the evidence and then sharing those photos with a Fishers man.

Investigators determined the Fishers man then shared the evidence with a man from Texas who, in turn, forwarded the evidence to various YouTube and podcast creators.

According to court documents, the Fishers man ended up taking his own life after being questioned by police about the evidence leak.

Westerman admitted in a sworn statement that Baldwin did not give him permission to take photographs of the crime scene evidence he found in the conference room of the law firm’s office. He also said Baldwin was not present in the conference room when he took the photos.

Brad Rozzi, the other half of Allen’s original defense team, called Westerman’s actions “theft” due to him not having permission from either of the attorneys to take photographs of the evidence let alone share the sensitive information with others.

Emails reveal details in Delphi murders evidence leak
The Delphi evidence leak has caused a flood of problems for the highly publicized murder case, including playing a major role in Judge Fran Gull removing both Rozzi and Baldwin from the case after calling their actions “grossly negligent.”

Baldwin previously called the leak by Westerman a “betrayal” and said he has since kept all Delphi documents and files in locked cabinets.
Both Baldwin and Rozzi continue to plead their case to the Indiana Supreme Court to be reinstated as Allen’s legal counsel while also calling for Judge Gull to be thrown from the case.
Allen’s trial, originally set for January, now likely will not begin until October or November.
As it should be!

I don't think she should stand down, and I don't believe the defense attorney's were coerced in any way. I think they knew and wanted the leaks to happen. Unless the judge is letting her health problems get in the way of working or working even just this case then I think she should stay on. People get sick, others take over or cover for them. Hopefully its nothing serious and if it is then I'm sure she will step down.

Honorable Frances C. Gull​

Criminal Division Administrative Judge

Judge Frances C. Gull has served as a Judge in the Allen Superior Court since January 1, 1997. She was first elected Judge in 1996 and has been re-elected four times.

For more than 20 years, Judge Gull has served as Administrative Judge of Superior Court’s Criminal Division, overseeing the day-to-day operations of six criminal courts, including the misdemeanor and traffic and felony courts.
Show more
During nearly 25 years on the bench, Judge Gull has gained statewide and national renown as an innovator in areas including jury management, restorative justice and the use of technology in the courts. She has been honored many times for her contributions to the criminal justice system, including with the 2015 G. Thomas Munsterman Award for Jury Innovation, presented by the National Center for State Courts.
Since 2002, Judge Gull has supervised Allen County’s nationally renowned Drug Court program. The program, which promotes recovery from addiction and restoration of families torn apart by substance abuse. In 2020, the program was approaching 1,000 graduates, making it among the most successful and impactful in the country.
Judge Gull received a bachelor’s degree in political science from St. Joseph’s College in 1980. She received a juris doctor from the Valparaiso University School of Law in 1983. After receiving her law degree, Judge Gull began her legal career in Allen Superior Court, serving as a law clerk in the Family and Criminal divisions during 1983 and 1984.
Prior to becoming Judge, from 1987 until 1996, Gull served in the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office. She rose to the position of Chief Deputy Prosecutor, a role in which she served from 1990 until her election to the Superior Court bench. In the Prosecutor’s Office, she also served as Chief Counsel, Criminal Division; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Sex Crimes Unit; and Section Chief, Felony Division.

More at link...

I don't think she should stand down, and I don't believe the defense attorney's were coerced in any way. I think they knew and wanted the leaks to happen. Unless the judge is letting her health problems get in the way of working or working even just this case then I think she should stay on. People get sick, others take over or cover for them. Hopefully its nothing serious and if it is then I'm sure she will step down.
Well it was serious enough that she had to go into hospital for several days. It was described as an "urgent medical condition" and she is still off sick now.

I also don't understand why the Defence have not been charged regarding the photos. After all it was Baldwin's firm that left the photos out on a table for anyone to see.

Well it was serious enough that she had to go into hospital for several days. It was described as an "urgent medical condition" and she is still off sick now.

I also don't understand why the Defence have not been charged regarding the photos. After all it was Baldwin's firm that left the photos out on a table for anyone to see.
I imagine it's because the defense has a right to look at their client's discovery. Westerman admits he stole it without their knowledge. I'm not sure what criminal charges could be filed against Baldwin?

It could very well be COVID or similar. Are you saying everybody that has been hospitalized should quit their jobs?

It could very well be COVID or similar. Are you saying everybody that has been hospitalized should quit their jobs?
There's a big difference between medical leave and quitting your job. I thought about Covid, too. But if that's the case, she had no business being in the courtroom with Covid. That's just irresponsible. Surely, she didn't have Covid. :(

There's a big difference between medical leave and quitting your job. I thought about Covid, too. But if that's the case, she had no business being in the courtroom with Covid. That's just irresponsible. Surely, she didn't have Covid. :(
She wasn't. She called in sick a few days prior to going to the hospital. Also, most people don't know they even have it the first few days and just think it's a cold and go along, business as usual.

NOT that I think her issue is covid. It's just we don't know if it is a temporary issue or permanent.

Last edited:
She has made bad decisions in the ways she has dealt with this whole case IMO, that's why she should go. Her having an urgent medical condition is in addition to that.

Alternatively she could just stand down from this case. It is other judges having to already deal with it anyway.

Last edited:
I imagine it's because the defense has a right to look at their client's discovery. Westerman admits he stole it without their knowledge. I'm not sure what criminal charges could be filed against Baldwin?
He did not safeguard the evidence properly so he broke rules of evidence as a minimum. Everything was sealed yet he had it all laid out in an unlockable conference room. He has only recently put a lock on the door apparently. A man has died because of it. At a minimum I would say contempt of court or gross misconduct but even if not a criminal charge, he should be subject to the attorneys code of conduct rules.

He also sent supposedly sealed case information to Brad W rather than Brad Rozzi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom