LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness. Think I'm finished. Not sure why I started in this one when catching up on NEW stuff should be first and repeat stuff doesn't even need to be looked at with never enough time.

Everyone can sure have an opinion and every right but seems to me when majority is one way maybe it bears some thinking about as to why. Of course we all could be wrong and it was some 85 year old grandmother who did this, from Albequerque just driving though and stopped to hike and cross a high bridge and was in total disguise in the video, a good one.

Or aliens.

Bye.

Circumstantial evidence:

RA placed himself at the scene of the kidnappings prior to the murders.
His car on scene.
Unspent bullet with ejector marks matching his gun.
How many confessions are mentioned in court docs? Several, if I recall.

I'm interested in actual testimony personally.

More interested in a fair trial with good evidence that proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Since RA placed himself at the scene, it's not surprising his car was there too. The casing was found after the scene had been unsecured for a couple of days and then found later.

Which is how it usually starts in most cases. They then develop info for more detailed warrants afterwards. Search warrants are by design "limited" so they can't just come in and gather everything for any reason.
Yeah and they found nothing to justify a further more expanded warrant. They glossed for the first one to begin with imo.

Exactly. That's how they are supposed to work.
Yep. Almost everyone can see that.

I feel for the families. They have had it I'm sure. Neverending. I mean the victim families of course.

If this trial does not go off in the fall, I say let's all donate to the GFM with the condition the two D get on a sailing ship and leave for good on something that is not round trip...

I've been disgusted with defense attorneys but I don't know if I've ever been as disgusted as I am with these two in this one. There are some right up there but I think they take the cake.

And rarely have I ever felt they weren't representing their own client and felt sorry for the client, not sure I ever have.

Imo there's a reason defense didn't use RL in the SODDI defense or give various other possibilities, or all of them. I don't think he's likely a viable one.

Just think we'd have been hearing/have heard all the evidence by now but for them.

I have yet to see a valid evidentiary proof of that number.
I posted it upthread already where it was spelled out.

I have also just recently been going through the items seized in the search warrant so might as well put this link here now. I think I did post it before so this is a refresh.

Additionally, the newly unsealed documents indicate that Williams and German suffered wounds that were caused by a sharp object.

Articles of clothing from the girls were also missing from the scene including a pair of underwear and a sock.

More to follow below:-

Fox59 article lists all the items seized.

• A black Sig Sauer P226 .40 caliber handgun
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in a wooden keepsake box
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in the Sig Sauer
  • A magazine filled with nine .40 caliber cartridges
  • A magazine filled with eight .40 caliber cartridges
  • A paper-wrapped wooden weave box containing:
    • 2 “Audiovox” devices,
    • 2 silver Motorola flip phones,
    • 4 car chargers, and
    • 3 wall outlet chargers
A property receipt filed by police indicated that both the Sig Sauer pistol and the cartridge found in the wooden box were sent to a lab for examination.
Letters from jail: Prison guards accused of calling Richard Allen ‘kid killer’
Later into the night of Oct. 13, around 9:45 p.m., police returned to the 1900 block of Whiteman Drive for a second search. This time, they seized:
  • 7 various sheathed knives
  • 8 various folding knives
  • 4 various multi-tools
  • A miniature katana with a red tassel
  • 3 pairs of boots
  • 12 various quarter-zip or full-zip sweatshirts
  • 3 coats
  • 4 various stocking caps and hats
  • 10 pairs of gloves
  • Various fabric straps
  • 2 HP Laptops
  • Multiple headbands
  • Cardboard phone box
  • Empty ammo box
  • 3 flash drives, 1 labeled “Rick”
  • 2 hard drives
  • An iPod
  • 12 cell phones
  • 2 pagers
  • Several miscellaneous chargers and phone accessories
  • A GPS system
  • A motorcycle cover
  • An Aquafina water bottle
The search warrants continued the following day on Oct. 14, 2022, when ISP troopers searched a Ford Focus at ISP District 14’s post in West Lafayette. The search, which docs show occurred around 2 p.m., yielded three items:
  • A cutting of carpeted area under a spare tire in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the driver’s lap belt and the driver’s shoulder belt in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the passenger side carpeted floorboards

We need these reminders as the trial is now delayed by 4 months until October. Personally I believe he is going to do a deal, as one of his 30 confessions was when he wrote to the warden to confess and request a plea deal.

For those who keep asking about these 30 confessions-

See posts 6437 and 6479.

Last edited:
Interesting article from a month ago with details of the confessions that D want suppressed. Including his wife and mother, this adds up to at least 30 confessions. :oops:

I cannot see how any defence can get around this. They need to do a plea deal, clearly.

Link and extract below.

"The biggest piece of new information News 8 learned from a court filing is the sheer number of people Allen has confessed to while being held in jail awaiting trial.

According to the prosecution, he’s confessed to 16 guards, eight inmates, a warden, Indiana State Police officers, and mental health personnel.

“It’s really as if this man is just going on and talking to anyone who is listening and making incriminating statements,” said Kevin Greenlee, a co-host of the Murder Sheet Podcast.

In a court filing, Allen’s defense team argued that his confessions were a violation of his constitutional rights because they were coerced out of him.

The prosecution is fighting against that idea in a recent court filing.

“They’re basically arguing that therefore these statements should be allowed to remain in because they don’t meet the conditions that would basically be violating his rights,” said Aine Cain, a co-host of the Murder Sheet Podcast.

Also at issue in these dueling court filings is how many of the confessions should be allowed to be shown to a jury."
Thanks for the reminder. I was having trouble remembering the source.

I would add that to my personal list of circumstantial evidence. The jury will have to weigh those.

Thanks for the reminder. I was having trouble remembering the source.

I would add that to my personal list of circumstantial evidence. The jury will have to weigh those.
Well this is going back at least a year when he confessed to KA in April '23. I don't have the dates of the letter to the warden or the confessions to the guards and inmates as I don't believe that timeline has been released so far. The next few months will pass quickly IMO and I am hoping for a plea deal so that the families can have this sorted.

I posted it upthread already where it was spelled out.

I have also just recently been going through the items seized in the search warrant so might as well put this link here now. I think I did post it before so this is a refresh.

Additionally, the newly unsealed documents indicate that Williams and German suffered wounds that were caused by a sharp object.

Articles of clothing from the girls were also missing from the scene including a pair of underwear and a sock.

More to follow below:-

Fox59 article lists all the items seized.

• A black Sig Sauer P226 .40 caliber handgun
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in a wooden keepsake box
  • A .40 caliber S&W cartridge found in the Sig Sauer
  • A magazine filled with nine .40 caliber cartridges
  • A magazine filled with eight .40 caliber cartridges
  • A paper-wrapped wooden weave box containing:
    • 2 “Audiovox” devices,
    • 2 silver Motorola flip phones,
    • 4 car chargers, and
    • 3 wall outlet chargers
A property receipt filed by police indicated that both the Sig Sauer pistol and the cartridge found in the wooden box were sent to a lab for examination.
Letters from jail: Prison guards accused of calling Richard Allen ‘kid killer’
Later into the night of Oct. 13, around 9:45 p.m., police returned to the 1900 block of Whiteman Drive for a second search. This time, they seized:
  • 7 various sheathed knives
  • 8 various folding knives
  • 4 various multi-tools
  • A miniature katana with a red tassel
  • 3 pairs of boots
  • 12 various quarter-zip or full-zip sweatshirts
  • 3 coats
  • 4 various stocking caps and hats
  • 10 pairs of gloves
  • Various fabric straps
  • 2 HP Laptops
  • Multiple headbands
  • Cardboard phone box
  • Empty ammo box
  • 3 flash drives, 1 labeled “Rick”
  • 2 hard drives
  • An iPod
  • 12 cell phones
  • 2 pagers
  • Several miscellaneous chargers and phone accessories
  • A GPS system
  • A motorcycle cover
  • An Aquafina water bottle
The search warrants continued the following day on Oct. 14, 2022, when ISP troopers searched a Ford Focus at ISP District 14’s post in West Lafayette. The search, which docs show occurred around 2 p.m., yielded three items:
  • A cutting of carpeted area under a spare tire in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the driver’s lap belt and the driver’s shoulder belt in the Ford Focus
  • Swabbing from the passenger side carpeted floorboards
Further warrants USUALLY come from the fact the first warrant netted things/evidence and then that is used to give reason to apply for a further warrant. There were three here at different times and so I would almost guess they found evidence in each of the first two searches. I GUESS all could have been granted at once but I doubt it as you'd think they would coordinate them to execute them all at the same time and without warning.

We need these reminders as the trial is now delayed by 4 months until October. Personally I believe he is going to do a deal, as one of his 30 confessions was when he wrote to the warden to confess and request a plea deal.

For those who keep asking about these 30 confessions-

See posts 6437 and 6479.
I also posted an article that I think came from you SHOWING they totaled around 30 but not sure someone paid much attention, just saying.

He may have wanted a deal but that doesn't mean they will offer one first of all and second, he may want a sweeter deal than anything they would consider giving. Families maybe opposed to any deal as well. Finally, asking a warden for a deal is laughable, the warden has no power to offer a deal. Perhaps he was asking the warden get a hold of the prosecution, who knows... He was represented, well if you can call it that, where they have to talk to no one and are usually advised not to but imo his attorneys never met with him or told him sh*t or helped him or advised him.

I'm not sure I want to see a deal, not that it's up to us of course. This is a heinous double murder case.

Well this is going back at least a year when he confessed to KA in April '23. I don't have the dates of the letter to the warden or the confessions to the guards and inmates as I don't believe that timeline has been released so far. The next few months will pass quickly IMO and I am hoping for a plea deal so that the families can have this sorted.
All the rumors of him confessing to the warden in letters was buzzing around the same time, maybe even before, during or just after, can't recall for sure but it was back then as well. We didn't have it confirmed I don't think but the rumors were out there.

Again I wouldn't be so sure the families want a plea deal and certainly not one that is too light or a sweet deal for the murderer.

Here's a really interesting point from Tom. It is the PROSECUTION who is calling a DNA expert... Now why if none of Ricks' DNA matches. Could it be that the girls DNA was found on something of his... Or it could be to show that the DNA that was found was someone like Kelsey's bf or one of the girl's friends and was touch DNA on the sweatshirt or something.... BUT they are calling an expert on DNA.... I've said a million times one has to look at what isn't there or said be defense as they ignore what hurts their client and cherrypicks things to put into filing and so on and out to the public... I saw that immediately in the FM etc. that it is all cherrypicked. There is no this and there is not that BUT what IS there that you are NOT mentioning... That your client is so scared of and you never warned him of and that you are now desperate to have gone...

Interesting article from a month ago with details of the confessions that D want suppressed. Including his wife and mother, this adds up to at least 30 confessions. :oops:

I cannot see how any defence can get around this. They need to do a plea deal, clearly.

Link and extract below.

"The biggest piece of new information News 8 learned from a court filing is the sheer number of people Allen has confessed to while being held in jail awaiting trial.

According to the prosecution, he’s confessed to 16 guards, eight inmates, a warden, Indiana State Police officers, and mental health personnel.

“It’s really as if this man is just going on and talking to anyone who is listening and making incriminating statements,” said Kevin Greenlee, a co-host of the Murder Sheet Podcast.

In a court filing, Allen’s defense team argued that his confessions were a violation of his constitutional rights because they were coerced out of him.

The prosecution is fighting against that idea in a recent court filing.

“They’re basically arguing that therefore these statements should be allowed to remain in because they don’t meet the conditions that would basically be violating his rights,” said Aine Cain, a co-host of the Murder Sheet Podcast.

Also at issue in these dueling court filings is how many of the confessions should be allowed to be shown to a jury."
Wish TV article. This is where the 30 confessions come from.

"According to the prosecution, he’s confessed to 16 guards, eight inmates, a warden, Indiana State Police officers, and mental health personnel."

Therefore this is 16 plus 8 plus 1 plus 2 minimum plus 2 minimum plus wife and mum = 31 at the very least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom