LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have agreed with some evidence, but I've thought from the beginning that something was hinky. I'm not 100% convinced either way, but Judge Gull is a horrible judge. They need to change her out.

Yeah the katana down the pants and the bullet in the keepsake box. So now we know the possible murder weapon used on poor Libby IMO, that almost beheaded her.
I'm thinking so... I can't believe no one including self looked up or into the katana before but then SM got really quiet after going nuts with defense leaks on this case...

I have agreed with some evidence, but I've thought from the beginning that something was hinky. I'm not 100% convinced either way, but Judge Gull is a horrible judge. They need to change her out.
Well then they should. Let them get on it and see if they can do it.

What was this in response to, just an out of the blue remark? Or bait?

I think you are overdue to be plucked emu :ROFLMAO:

Knock it off. Or don't.

Trying to decide what it is you liked in my post above... Which part.... Hmmm....

REmember you said you were waiting for trial now by the way... And already now you are talking judge changing after saying that's where you stood from here on out.

Nothing like bait is there. It catches a bluegill on occasion. Stop it.

From one bird to another ya know, an emu to a gull, it seems really not so nice... She's one of your own kind...

LOL. :hugs:

Well then they should. Let them get on it and see if they can do it.

What was this in response to, just an out of the blue remark? Or bait?

I think you are overdue to be plucked emu :ROFLMAO:

Knock it off. Or don't.

Trying to decide what it is you liked in my post above... Which part.... Hmmm....

REmember you said you were waiting for trial now by the way... And already now you are talking judge changing after saying that's where you stood from here on out.

Nothing like bait is there. It catches a bluegill on occasion. Stop it.

From one bird to another ya know, an emu to a gull, it seems really not so nice... She's one of your own kind...

LOL. :hugs:

It wasn't bait. I was just clarifying my opinion. Some people here seem to think I believe he wasn't involved at all, I think it's more likely than not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had something to do with it.

It wasn't bait. I was just clarifying my opinion. Some people here seem to think I believe he wasn't involved at all, I think it's more likely than not, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had something to do with it.
I don't know of the top of my head of anyone here who thinks he wasn't involved. Olenna says she is waiting for trial to decide and doesn't say that to my recollection. Round Peg, I hope she doesn't mind my saying, surprised me back when she said she thinks he is involved and guilty, her issues are with his being kept in a prison and of course his rights, understandably.

So I'm not sure who you mean, not that there's anything wrong with thinking that or having that opinion but I don't know of a soul. You can let me know who if I have forgotten but I know of no one. Also to my recollection most think he did this alone as well, which I do also. I haven't ruled out anything but that's my hard leaning.

To my knowledge, you are the only one who thinks he either didn't do it or did it with RL or Os or some such. And that's fine but I do think that would show you why no one is interesting in rehashing the same thing they already have many a time and you seeming to think if you keep repeating the same things that you can change opinions to yours. It hasn't happened yet has it?

Anyhow, I saw enough but far from all of Read and I'm done there and I didn't even have anything to do with it but no desire to ever go back in there again and I've done the same here and stepped out for days many a time for similar reasons. They are the only two threads I believe that I ever have.

I'm done with such, it is way too reminiscent of somewhere ELSE.

I'm not sure why you don't want to discuss the katana, finally a new subject, and now you are waiting for trial. And if get snipped one more time over trying to talk to you, well let's just say another opinion of mine will be changed for good and forever and I can't even still believe I am seeing such. And I also will be done talking to you as you are the common denominator in such. One thing I've like about this place is not a single person is stupid imo. Some very bright minds and all I think care, including you, including myself.

As far as baiting, I sure am not the first person to say that nor is this the first thread that's been said in, is it... This week even right....? Last few days even...

And if I can't have a respectful attempt to discuss this while others can go far further, then well, that too will tell me a LOT, I'm already seeing things I don't like.

I left JT a long time ago. Some of you did even longer ago. Some here still stay there. I don't. I've never been back. I know that I will never look for another one and if I find myself at one, well that's not going to be okay...

NOW on a lighter note, you have issues with Rick's height and how long is a katana? Lol. I guess that's not light exactly but my thoughts is it is up under the jacket as well and down the pants. IF that is what is down his pants as many, many, many have thought through the years that something is...

Nothing wrong with a new conversation but I guess at that point you finally decided to wait for trial. I'm very curious about it though. You aren't?

I don't know of the top of my head of anyone here who thinks he wasn't involved. Olenna says she is waiting for trial to decide and doesn't say that to my recollection. Round Peg, I hope she doesn't mind my saying, surprised me back when she said she thinks he is involved and guilty, her issues are with his being kept in a prison and of course his rights, understandably.

So I'm not sure who you mean, not that there's anything wrong with thinking that or having that opinion but I don't know of a soul. You can let me know who if I have forgotten but I know of no one. Also to my recollection most think he did this alone as well, which I do also. I haven't ruled out anything but that's my hard leaning.

To my knowledge, you are the only one who thinks he either didn't do it or did it with RL or Os or some such. And that's fine but I do think that would show you why no one is interesting in rehashing the same thing they already have many a time and you seeming to think if you keep repeating the same things that you can change opinions to yours. It hasn't happened yet has it?

Anyhow, I saw enough but far from all of Read and I'm done there and I didn't even have anything to do with it but no desire to ever go back in there again and I've done the same here and stepped out for days many a time for similar reasons. They are the only two threads I believe that I ever have.

I'm done with such, it is way too reminiscent of somewhere ELSE.

I'm not sure why you don't want to discuss the katana, finally a new subject, and now you are waiting for trial. And if get snipped one more time over trying to talk to you, well let's just say another opinion of mine will be changed for good and forever and I can't even still believe I am seeing such. And I also will be done talking to you as you are the common denominator in such. One thing I've like about this place is not a single person is stupid imo. Some very bright minds and all I think care, including you, including myself.

As far as baiting, I sure am not the first person to say that nor is this the first thread that's been said in, is it... This week even right....? Last few days even...

And if I can't have a respectful attempt to discuss this while others can go far further, then well, that too will tell me a LOT, I'm already seeing things I don't like.

I left JT a long time ago. Some of you did even longer ago. Some here still stay there. I don't. I've never been back. I know that I will never look for another one and if I find myself at one, well that's not going to be okay...

NOW on a lighter note, you have issues with Rick's height and how long is a katana? Lol. I guess that's not light exactly but my thoughts is it is up under the jacket as well and down the pants. IF that is what is down his pants as many, many, many have thought through the years that something is...

Nothing wrong with a new conversation but I guess at that point you finally decided to wait for trial. I'm very curious about it though. You aren't?

It's not baiting, it's discussion.

It's not baiting, it's discussion.
I have no problem with your opinion on here and it's definitely not baiting if that's what you believe. We all can learn something at the very least by listening to other's opinions

I might not agree with your opinion but I've learned how you got there and there's nothing wrong with that.

Didn't CB have a sword too? I googled Katana anyway and it is the sharpest sword you can get due to the forging process. It is curved too. Will post some pics.

Want to mention that initially many commentators (when the moving BG was released) thought he had something rigid down his trousers. (No not that - a small sword or stick was speculated IIRC) can we find the moving BG again?

Pics.

YouTube

The one thing I don't believe we've heard is how long the katana is, other than it was described as miniature. I'm guessing since an actual katana is pretty long, even a miniature could be sizable.

There was no bait to take.
Are you guys echoing each other? Lol.

I meant he came flat in with a topic that was out of the blue and no one decided to discuss it or took him up on discussing it. I wonder why.

And that's fine.

I see Read lost a juror. Saw it on YT headline. One that would have found her guilty I guess. I that mess of a case of messed up people on both sides over yet? I made the choice to be done going in after seeing the mess and it shut down. No interest in the case and no time anyhow.

Didn't even see all, didn't want to, saw some.

Anyhow, one now is officially worse than this one gets and thank God I don't care about that one.

emu never did answer me now that I think about it as to who here he said thinks Allen innocent. maybe someone does but I can't think of anyone. he needs to back that statement up imo. but if he does't well, par for the course.

have a good one one and all and Happy Father's Day to all. Makes me miss my dad, you do yours and was my brother's birthday too who is gone. Hard dates so I may as well drag myself for work like I do every day.

Are you guys echoing each other? Lol.

I meant he came flat in with a topic that was out of the blue and no one decided to discuss it or took him up on discussing it. I wonder why.

And that's fine.

I see Read lost a juror. Saw it on YT headline. One that would have found her guilty I guess. I that mess of a case of messed up people on both sides over yet? I made the choice to be done going in after seeing the mess and it shut down. No interest in the case and no time anyhow.

Didn't even see all, didn't want to, saw some.

Anyhow, one now is officially worse than this one gets and thank God I don't care about that one.

emu never did answer me now that I think about it as to who here he said thinks Allen innocent. maybe someone does but I can't think of anyone. he needs to back that statement up imo. but if he does't well, par for the course.

have a good one one and all and Happy Father's Day to all. Makes me miss my dad, you do yours and was my brother's birthday too who is gone. Hard dates so I may as well drag myself for work like I do every day.

It wasn't out of the blue. You yourself have decided I have made up my mind. I haven't. I want to see the prosecution's whole case. So far it's been underwhelming.

It wasn't out of the blue. You yourself have decided I have made up my mind. I haven't. I want to see the prosecution's whole case. So far it's been underwhelming.
You are going backwards in posts. I already said okay long after this one and to your response. A few back. Apparently both missed it.

EVeryone wants to see the prosecutions entire case. That's been settled and is well known.

I want to see if the katana is part of it... And a whole lot of other things. I want to hear the wife. I want to know if they found any of the girls' DNA on things found at HIS house, in HIS car, etc. I want to know if he worked that day, yeah, there's plenty more. There's been no chance to be underwhelmed as hardly none has been shared.

Defense desperately can't let them I guess and just head for trial.

Jmo. Later.

Believe me, do not bother. It isn't worth it. If one thinks this one gets heated and any of us lose sight, that one is beyond. No discussions at all in the "middle". I don't know really why I get slapped when I step OUT OF THREADS and even avoid them yet those who don't, don't, or who bait. Seriously. No biggie though. it isn't my world but maybe important to someone else or others.

You and I agree on a lot but have disagreed strongly on other cases. I don't see a plea deal and not sure why you think that. Open to your thoughts on it though. I guess I could see it so B & R can save themselves and look like they did their job...

As far as the MH worker, I'm not sure he needed to be mirandized. It has come up that he wasn't but that's not an interrogation or arrest and has anyone weighed in on if necessary?

I'm stuck on the katana at the moment and finally something new to think on...

I'm announcing right here that I am done with Read. I don't care and am not going back in and never really wanted to to begin with. I don't think I have ever seen such a thing on this site. AND I haven't read the last how many pages. You cannot have an opinion or one about one thing but another about another thing or be in the middle. Seems not allowed...

I'd love to see the same interest and time given to a lot of other cases. But that's jmo. It's about a bunch of partying drunken police officers and others in positions of power and their wives and girlfriends. Seems to have taken some of the world by storm. Political and being used to a point also imo. She did it, LE failed, prosecution is failing and she will get a hung jury imo. Basically all of them disgust me. And yet on the next page or thread we have some innocent gone missing or murdered. That one though sure has the attention. Not sure why.

JUST MY OPINION. Never had an interest, still don't, and not going in ever again. And yet I was not part of it getting out of hand, wasn't even in there so go figure yet I got mod snipped in this thread was it, can't even recall. Deja Vu what crime site am I at? Oh that will probably get me in trouble next.

Like I said we all agree and disagree case to case. You and I certainly have. Most of us have. So what? No one does more than steamrolls or kills someone with an emoji guillotine.

I am really thinking on this katana...
Why I think it will be a plea deal is because it has already been discussed and because of the 35 confessions.

So where is this affidavit we are waiting for?

They tried that already. The supreme court backed her and likely would again so they aren't going there IMO.

Nothing hinky here as he has confessed multiple times. His lawyers are just looking for appeal fodder as they know he is done for.

The one thing I don't believe we've heard is how long the katana is, other than it was described as miniature. I'm guessing since an actual katana is pretty long, even a miniature could be sizable.

Full size katana is 24 to 32 inches.
The mini katana is 12 to 24 inches.

(BTW these are illegal in the UK if longer than 50 cms - about 20 inches.)

How does the length of a katana compare to other types of Japanese swords, like the wakizashi or tanto?

The katana is the longest of the three traditional Japanese swords. A typical katana blade measures around 60 to 80 centimeters (24 to 32 inches) in length. In contrast, the wakizashi is a shorter sword with a blade length of approximately 30 to 60 centimeters (12 to 24 inches). The tanto is a dagger with a blade length of about 15 to 30 centimeters (6 to 12 inches). The different lengths of these swords make them suitable for various purposes and combat scenarios.

Last edited:
Why I think it will be a plea deal is because it has already been discussed and because of the 35 confessions.

So where is this affidavit we are waiting for?
But they have to be willing to offer him one and have attorneys that don't unethically basically imo talk him out of such. You can't just say I will plead if you give me 30 years and the other side agrees.

Don't know where the affidavit is but doubt we'd see details anyhow--we haven't seen a single one of the confessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom