LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This started day 1 with the judge asking to be taken off the case and requesting a replacement. I rarely disagree with the state and/or LE but the hand wringing here is just too much.
Yeah he was something. Imo his behavior kind of stands alone though. It was pretty unprofessional imo.

On the other hand, concern was people swarming the courthouse and jail and the defendant's safety, the judge and others and the judge and his family being talked of online etc. Personally if a concern I think this all lends to Allen being safer where he is. There just ISN'T the same protection even with the facility. You can walk right up to and often into a county courthouse, many of which also house the jail. You cannot approach a prison that easily by a long shot.

NOT saying anyone could get into the jail but certainly they don't have the same ability or manpower to keep people out of the parking lot, off the sidewalk, etc. that a prison has nor the resources nor personnel.

I don't know though. Most of the hoopla has died right down to quiet over this case. I am sure it could heat up again but that's going to happen no matter where he is but I do think he is safer where he is, that's just fact imo.

Document release to come I think this week. We'll see what that brings.

I haven't heard of too many crazies going to peoples homes, the sheriff's departments, etc. in a few months now. You know the ones that went to the Wells' home, the ones that harassed the Laundries, the Wests, etc. THAT type.

I can and will agree that I see nothing that has impressed me with the county in this case. Not really an iota. State, etc. has been heavily involved though, Doug Carter was who I think of as the key point guy throughout.

Sheriff doesn't impress me. Judge that stepped off case SURE doesn't. If true they lost this info through the years, whoever Allen spoke to SURE doesn't impress me.

Like @Tresir I even wonder about a few of these people and probably some others in the area... Or have wondered about them through these years... Still haven't closed the door on the thought either...

Yes, that is certainly something I cannot understand. Did the judge give a reason? Curious.
Same thing every judge in a high profile case faces, in my opinion.

"This finding is not predicated on any acts or alleged acts of the Defendant, since arrest, rather a toxic and harmful insistence on "public information" about Defendant and this case," Diener wrote.

He noted he's been made aware of YouTube videos containing photos of his family members.

Ok - it was the previous judge that requested Allen be sent to DOC due to concerns he would harm himself, or others would harm him. He recused himself due to safety concerns for himself and his family, reading this article.

Makes me understand more why they won't move him back without the court saying so.

There are many experts and other people, myself included, who think he will be far less safe if moved. And by the way he is refusing to eat.

He doesn't need to be anywhere he can't be guarded and watched 24/7 as they are doing, where it might be easier to escape, commit suicide OR for someone to get to him and harm him.

interesting that judge has herself decided a jury will come from another county while trial will be held in Carroll County. I don't even think there was a motion or argument for such yet was there?

Funny they should need the state to release his mental health records to the defense. One would think Allen could authorize release of his own records to his own attorney. There is something going on there imo. Do they want to see what the State has because I'd think he could access his own records... In the latter post though it does say they are records from the IN Dept. of Cprrections but still I'd think he could access his own medical records...

interesting that judge has herself decided a jury will come from another county while trial will be held in Carroll County. I don't even think there was a motion or argument for such yet was there?

Funny they should need the state to release his mental health records to the defense. One would think Allen could authorize release of his own records to his own attorney. There is something going on there imo. Do they want to see what the State has because I'd think he could access his own records... In the latter post though it does say they are records from the IN Dept. of Cprrections but still I'd think he could access his own medical records...
I think we knew about the Allen County jury awhile back.

I think we knew about the Allen County jury awhile back.
Now that you say that it rings a bell. Could be. I readily admit I can barely keep up any longer and couldn't with the recent trials and formerly knew every fact out there on Vallow, etc. but found all wax not fresh in the mind any longer, especially the less known or older stuff. So yeah, this could be too.

I wouldn't be surprised by a whole lotta nuthin.
I don't think it will be outright interesting, with detail after detail but I think it is going to be the readingg between the lines (and the redactions, etc.) of what the defense is worried about/focusing on, making motions about, what the search warrant returns show, etc. It will be more than we know now but also will be less than we want to know. However, there is a REASON (one would think and hope) the prosecution wants this stuff still sealed...

I don't think it should have ever been sealed. I'm curious as to what they release though. I can't imagine what the reason would be for the prosecution to want it sealed. Is it because of the jury not being in place yet maybe? I see no other reason. It certainly doesn't seem to be what the defense wants?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom