LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it should have ever been sealed. I'm curious as to what they release though. I can't imagine what the reason would be for the prosecution to want it sealed. Is it because of the jury not being in place yet maybe? I see no other reason. It certainly doesn't seem to be what the defense wants?
I don't think things either should almost ever be sealed. I don't agree with it whatsoever and if they didn't have some very valid reason, I don't think they should have been sealed. Because I feel it should take a very valid reason, that leads me to believe it is something big. That leads me to feeling it is about either the pedo ring or Kevin Kline.

HOWEVER, there is a real tendency lately to courts sealing things with some "secret" important reason and it never seems to pan out that there really was one. I find that really disturbing and I think an abuse of the law.

Kline's plea, deal, sentencing, etc. has timing right around all this so that's my bet. BUT again, they could have sealed for no real valid reason...

DELPHI, Ind. – Documents unsealed Wednesday in the 2017 Delphi murders provide new insight into the case against Richard Allen.

They also reveal for the first time publicly how investigators believe Abby Williams and Libby German were killed. Allen County Judge Frances Gull, assigned to oversee the high-profile case, unsealed nearly 120 documents Wednesday. An additional 19 filings remain sealed.

You can find the documents here.

The documents reveal, among other things, that Allen admitted to his wife during a phone call that he was responsible for killing the teens.

In a letter written to the Carroll County Clerk, dated April 11, an inmate at Westville Correctional Facility claimed that Richard Allen was being abused and mistreated by inmates and guards alike.

The inmate said prison guards would call Richard Allen “a kid killer” while also teasing him by claiming that he had family visiting.

The inmate went on to claim that prison staff even went as far as recording other inmates as they mocked Allen and told him to kill himself or threatened his life.

Allen, who is accused of killing Libby German and Abby Williams in February 2017 deaths near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi, was moved to Westville in November after the Carroll County Sheriff requested his transfer into the care of the Indiana Department of Correction.

Allen was put on “suicide watch” when he first arrived at Westville but later was taken off the watch after prison officials determined that his mental health had improved. His day-to-day demeanor was quiet, court documents state, detailing that Allen read books, did crossword puzzles and exercised daily.

But on April 3, Allen made a phone call to his wife and reportedly admitted “several times” to killing Abby and Libby. The call was ended abruptly by his wife.

The documents also contains multiple mentions of instances where Allen was acting different while being locked up, including times where he was eating paper from his attorneys.

"Richard M Allen was wetting down and paperwork he had gotten from his attorneys and eating it, he was refusing to eat and refusing to sleep. He would go days of refusing to sleep. He further broke the tablet that he used for text messages and phone calls. He went from making up to two phone calls a day as of April 3, 2023 to not making any phone calls at all.”

That motion can be viewed directly below this line:

Just got home. Have only read the posts here. Not links nor seen anything else. Wow.

What was the cause of death of the girls, anyone know yet?

Just got home. Have only read the posts here. Not links nor seen anything else. Wow.

What was the cause of death of the girls, anyone know yet?
The state’s response to a defense motion to suppress evidence revealed for the first time publicly that investigators believed a knife was used to kill the girls. The document also includes the search warrant and search warrant return.

“Autopsies of the girls ruled their deaths as homicides and their wounds were caused by sharp object,” according to the documents.

The state’s response to a defense motion to suppress evidence revealed for the first time publicly that investigators believed a knife was used to kill the girls. The document also includes the search warrant and search warrant return.

“Autopsies of the girls ruled their deaths as homicides and their wounds were caused by sharp object,” according to the documents.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Just came upon now. One thing they are asking about is the conservation officer who Richard Allen told he was at the bridge. So it was a conservation officer, I kept thinking DNR or parks and rec or some such. Question we all have--HOW could this officer NOT have reminded or said something about Allen through all these years... Etc. How did this all get lost... Is the officer still working there, etc.

They have the murder podcast people on, etc. and they are hitting on a lot of things in the released docs.

Anyhow, sharing... I'm watching now "premiere" so "live" in that sense.

17 minutes and keys in on his confession to his wife and the "timing" of his acts and mental claims and such by his defense, etc. and what the prosecution filed or stated in response as to it. Hits the key points and filings of I think this most crucial part, confessing.

I think Allen and then the defense HAD to do something like this...

Anyhow, it keys into it and the documentation about it.

If there is one thing I would like to hear it is THAT phone call with his wife.

He never made another call to anyone after that from then in April until now from the sounds of it...

He broke his tablet, and more.

Last edited:
I found this interesting from the wrtv article...
According to documents, Allen has admitted to the crime at least five times on phone calls to his wife, Kathy Allen, and his mother.
Yep and LE ensured showing around these calls he was fine, exercising, eating, making calls, etc. Makes perfect sense now the defense timing of trying to claim how bad in prison, etc. What else are Allen and defense going to do to combat what he did/confessed to?

I realized I forgot the link in my last post so went back an added it. She covers this and the timing of it all and how he was doing. He started acting oddly after knowing they had his confession.

Well, gee, I think, of course he did...

Thanks for posting the Court TV info GrandmaBear, that was very helpful!
You're welcome. No problem. I don't get much time but if I happen on something and feel it relevant I try to share it even if I can't or haven't watched it all.

And I didn't get to watch it all lol but did see some and what I saw was good and informative so I shared it.

I found this interesting from the wrtv article...
According to documents, Allen has admitted to the crime at least five times on phone calls to his wife, Kathy Allen, and his mother.
It is HUGE imo. Prior to this all were speculating whether he confessed to other inmates, how he was around them to do so and so on or WHO he confessed with. A wife and a mother is BIG. Two who might INSIST he tell them the truth DID you or NOT kill these girls is how I picture it going and you TELL me the truth son. Or husband. NO lies, I need to know...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom