Who is the LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER? *ARREST JULY 2023*

long island.jpg

Who is the Long Island serial killer? This is a general discussion thread about this terrifying case.

MEMBER'S ONLY DISCUSSION/DOCUMENTS:
https://www.crimewatchers.net/threa...other-sensitive-information.3498/#post-226869

Last edited:
I've now seen 200 to 300 guns. Keeps increasing, unsure why. Maybe as they check one storage unit after another, house, another house, etc. ?

I was more responding to Mel's ya only need one gun by saying at most two, we all only have two hands. Being a bit sarcastic as to what is the most most people would need, want or use? Another possibility is two because most would be content with a pistol and a shotgun/long rifle. Or if you were in the wild west, a revolver again for each hand.

I know many have tons of guns, the type that go on a public rampage, etc. That actually was my very point. Why would someone want so many? For a reason clearly that isn't the reason of most people's who would own from zero to maybe four. So yes he had a reason. Guess could be a collector or obsessed but with the fact we are looking at a serial killer, I doubt the reasons are he is a collector. Plus they were in a locked room with a doll and framed pictures, etc...
I think he had 92 at his house and 200 at the storage facility - total nearly 300.

I doubt that info's accurate because I'm not aware that Amber Costello had a pimp.
The pimp and the pickup truck are mentioned in the charging docs. The prostitute - there were many. Another "P" is for "pizza crust" which is how they "pinned" it on him. That's actually at least five "P"s so far. :ROFLMAO:

OMG they had this info from Amber's pimp 13 years ago and never acted on it.

Last edited:
I don't know if I buy his reasoning like about Peaches and the baby but I don't dismiss it and it would explain that but it doesn't necessarily mean accomplice, could be just someone he had to get rid of and the baby too... IF they even relate.

There are some things i wonder about and of course one is his wife's hairs but I do think they could be transfer....

I also think he somehow got these women to trust him or go with him etc. and a woman accomplice is one thought but I don't really lean that way... He was alone when he met Amber the first time and we have no reason to think anyone was with him and when she met up with him the second time either, at least as far as we know.. There's just no hint of a woman. I guess though it could be argued that it was his wife on the burner phone and Costello thought she was going to meet a woman OR it was Peaches and she knew Peaches (more along with what this atty. says about Peaches and the baby)... . I am just speculating, no reason at all to think these things and they are a leap. I think. Interesting thoughts though and it would explain a few things..

I think he talked his own game to get them to take such a chance plus most out there assume the woman wouldn't just go without protecting herself, telling friends of whereabouts and plans, take their celll phone, etc. I am not dissing them but I am sure plenty of prostitutes still just step into a car, go meet a John wherever asked for, etc. without thinking twice about it.

I do wonder though about the wife's hairs but lean towards them being transfers.

Oh sh...For his own cemetery?. This guy, It seems he was planning on possibly committing more murders. IMO There are some they don't know about. Serial killers don't stop killing. They have a cooling off period. But this long?. I personally doubt that.
His brother co-owns the SC property. Was the truck being hidden there or was it given to his brother...?

I doubt that info's accurate because I'm not aware that Amber Costello had a pimp.
I've heard boyfriend, husband and now pimp. Not sure if they are talking of the same man/one man or more than one.

Pimp fit with the Ps in the headline. Although I"ve never heard she had one prior to now, she may have, all was certainly not shared with us.

I was thinking of Melissa Barthelemy. As I recall, info from way back was that she'd left her home (in one of the boroughs in NY) to meet a client on Long Island.
If you'll recall, I don't think Shannon Gilbert was murdered.
So you meant Melissa.

As to Shannon, I do believe she was murdered and there is more proof of that than of that she wasn't. Some notable people believe the same. Hopefully the findings get changed and overturned and I don't know why this new administration etc. hasn't done so yet.

I think he had 92 at his house and 200 at the storage facility - total nearly 300.
We know it doesn't relate to the women, at least not to these women but it's sure odd and unexpected. Wonder what it means, what other sick fantasies or plans to take people out they relate to. Or was he just an obsessive collector of guns. His wife was into comic books and maybe his thing was guns...? Still, so many... I think whether he had ammo or each or for many would tell more as to whether he intended to use them or was using them. No way he used that many, imo. Not on any regular basis.

The pimp and the pickup truck are mentioned in the charging docs. The prostitute - there were many. Another "P" is for "pizza crust" which is how they "pinned" it on him. That's actually at least five "P"s so far. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah. I thought I mentioned that or all knew that. Could be wrong though. The first lead they got on him was the vehicle database. That's what you are talking of right? And no other cop nor anyone else thought to do this or bothered doing this for all this time.

The department was wrapped up into their own internal affairs.

There was a lot of cover-up and crime and crap going on in that police department. They were more interested in saving their hineys than they were saving peoples lives.

They are his wife's hairs. I believe it is in the 30 something or whatever it is documents. I read some of them, several pages when they came out, maybe five to ten but then haven't had time to finish but pretty sure that's where it comes from. They are a match by DNA.
Thanks. Yeah, I just read the charging docs and from what I could make out, there were about five hairs total, one of which was male and Hauermann can't be excluded.
Yes, notice that it was an outside lab, "Forensic Laboratory #1 (lol!) that performed the testing and analysis.
So, as stated in the charging docs, it appears that the murders took place in his home...
What I still don't understand is why he isn't charged yet with the murder of Maureen Brainard-Barnes!

The way I understood/understand it is he has continued the sex worker thing throughout their investigation but something more must have triggered this. I think it most likely they were not only surveilling him, probably had him "tapped" in whatever way that is nowadays, they had to be careful who they involved, asked questions of or shared anything with but maybe they were even doing something like placing a tempting sex worker ad they hoped he'd respond to, etc. and all sorts of things. Hard to say... They MAY HAVE even involved the wife as an informant... Probably not but not out of the realm of possibility. Got her alone, told her, told her her hairs were present, etc... and said we don't think you were involved but this is who your husband is and you can cooperate and help or not.. I'm not saying that happened but what I am trying to say is I think somethihg more than him just contacting sex workers triggered this arrest at this time... Some behavior, some plan, some route he took, where he went, something... OR even worse there was another murder or assault they can tie to him but we don't know about yet and they knew they couldn't leave him in public another day or later when the public found out there would be outrage...?
Or perhaps the wife was about to be out of town. (lol!) Sorry, if offensive but seriously, it's when he committed at least three of the murders...

Yeah. I thought I mentioned that or all knew that. Could be wrong though. The first lead they got on him was the vehicle database. That's what you are talking of right? And no other cop nor anyone else thought to do this or bothered doing this for all this time.
I'm doubting that, I mean, I appreciate that that's info according to the charging doc but how is it possible to link a vehicle description to one person?
Well, I can hardly wait to hear more/ learn more about that!

Certainly after the discovery of all of the bodies, they had three other cases to correlate info from each case and most significant to me, they had those hairs.
As for whether Amber's roommate was also her pimp, of course, I really don't know but my impression of him (he interviewed in a long-ago documentary) was that he was just a male friend she lived with.

The department was wrapped up into their own internal affairs.

There was a lot of cover-up and crime and crap going on in that police department. They were more interested in saving their hineys than they were saving peoples lives.
Most definitely. I still smell stink in him and his connection. He is the one who had the briefcase wasn't it and sex toys, laptop, etc. stolen from his car?

Thanks. Yeah, I just read the charging docs and from what I could make out, there were about five hairs total, one of which was male and Hauermann can't be excluded.
Yes, notice that it was an outside lab, "Forensic Laboratory #1 (lol!) that performed the testing and analysis.
So, as stated in the charging docs, it appears that the murders took place in his home...
What I still don't understand is why he isn't charged yet with the murder of Maureen Brainard-Barnes!
I personally think that is going to come in short order. I think it was probably being assembled next but something made them act and arrest. Now there also isn't any rush so long as he is held on the ones they had ready. Jmo though.

Or perhaps the wife was about to be out of town. (lol!) Sorry, if offensive but seriously, it's when he committed at least three of the murders...
You lost me as to what you mean or why it would be offensive. You mean they arrested him since the wife is about to be out of town? Or what? And why would it be offensive? Totally clueless but really busy so maybe I missed something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip
Back
Top Bottom